Honda 2015 NM4

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Honda 2015 NM4

Post by Ratster »

Thr Goldwing I love and would buy in a heartbeat if I could actually tour. But this,not a chance in hell,I don't care how good it rides it's ugly as hell.
chainsaw
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 150esp
Color: white/carbon

Post by chainsaw »

I like it! absolutely love the dn01, big fan of akira and seeing this reminds me of the Gurney Alligator
Attachments
eddie-lawson-alligator.jpg
eddie-lawson-alligator.jpg (86.25 KiB) Viewed 1812 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Another linky with 61 photo's. Worth a Look!
See the NM4, the G. Alligator shown above and more http://www.gizmag.com/honda-vultus-nm4- ... cle/31522/
(Can I please, please, please WIN the lottery?)
Attachments
WHITE is Bright
WHITE is Bright
honda-vultus-nm4 (1).jpg (30.93 KiB) Viewed 1790 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

scisor34 wrote:Yes I do work on commission and just to let you know, the ACV of any Honda product in relation to its MSRP is by far the smallest of every manufacturer, and my dealership carries, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Polaris, and Can-Am. I know what you're getting at, you think I'm trying to sell/promote Honda's. I'm stating hands on real life experience on every bike I've ever posted about. Funny how you completely tear down bikes that you never have or will ride. Brilliant!

I believe there are different bikes for different people for sure. Its nice to hear others opinions on bikes we may be interested in but havent had the chance to try out. I own a CTX and what you say is very true. It is such an easy bike to ride. The 670 engine is a good engine for the CTX and fuel economy is better then most motorcycles. I can cruise on the interstate at 75 mph all day with no issues. The CTX handles cross winds much better then my scooters ever did, of course it weighs more too. I elected not to go with the DCT as I wanted the more traditional feel of a motorcycle. Two up doesnt seem to effect power or handling much at all. The low center of gravity and lower seat height is inviting anyone to just sit down and ride. If I could improve anything it would be the rear brake as I feel it could be better. Forward controls are easy to adjust to even coming from a scooter. My hard bags take the place of under seat storage and have been amazing for storing anything I need to take with me on a long ride. The back rest is comfortable for the passenger and the rack offers the ability to add more storage if needed.

The CTX is not for every rider out there but it is not " a piece of shite" either. I dont miss my PCX one bit as the CTX offers me much more ability to do longer more comfortable rides while still having fun and saving money from driving the car everywhere I go.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

scisor34 wrote:Hey GN2, just out of curiousity have you ridden a CTX or a Gold Wing?

Have owned several Gold Wing 1800s, including an F6B model......rode the CTX1300 2 weeks ago....Loved It, but don't need to spend the money.....my FORZA 300 does all I need to do right now..... ;)...I think the NM4's Specs, and the built in Comfort Levels will make it Great to Own and Ride....."but".....I just can't get past what I consider really, really ugly Looks...I've owned a DN-01, and most anything else imaginable, but the NM4 is just waaaay too "out there" in the Looks Dept. right now.....maybe if it starts a trend, who knows...might change...we'll see, and I will be demo riding one as soon as my Dealer gets one in..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Kool skuuter! Let us know your opinions/views on this Big Faced beast. It may grow on us...one never knows. Odd looking but....I think there's something :? good going in/on there.
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

WhiteNoise wrote:Kool skuuter! Let us know your opinions/views on this Big Faced beast. It may grow on us...one never knows. Odd looking but....I think there's something :? good going in/on there.
Will Do..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I'm not crazy about it. It kindof reminds me of something that Batman might ride. I do think it is going after that special motorcyclist. It might not be for everyone. I too respect your professional and personal opinions. I went out looking for a larger scooter and sat on the ones I had on my list and if you just go by the numbers without siting on them or taking them out for a test drive you will be sadly disappointed. My husband almost bought a Honda FA6B. He really loved it but he ended up getting a brand new green 2012 Kawasaki Vaquero. Price was a big factor in that decision along with some problems that we had with the dealer. I think the reason it was still in the showroom was because of the color. You either love or hate the color. So again it comes down to finding the right person for the motorcycle.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

skuuter wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Kool skuuter! Let us know your opinions/views on this Big Faced beast. It may grow on us...one never knows. Odd looking but....I think there's something :? good going in/on there.
Will Do..... ;)
Where are ya skuuter ?? Ya disappeared again!! Everything okay!! Sure hope so!!
Wondering if you give this NM4 a test cruise yet?
I swear it looks like a transformer, and it's so damn Weird that it's Kewl!!
I have to "At Least," sit on one! (My back will scream!!)
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

You You, that would be the F6B
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

No signs of the NM4 yet. As of yesterday, dealer still waiting to get one in.
I'm Not buying one, but I'm very curious to see one up front and personal
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Here are some pics I took of one at the Banngkok Bike Show. I like that the backrest does not have to be left up. I think it makes it look much better. I have not seen any on the streets, but then again there are not a lot of big bikes on the streets of Bangkok compared to the 150cc and under size because of traffic congestion.
2014-07-02 14.38.52_800x600.jpg
2014-07-02 14.38.52_800x600.jpg (104.3 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
2014-07-02 14.38.59_800x600.jpg
2014-07-02 14.38.59_800x600.jpg (99.95 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
2014-07-02 14.39.06_800x600.jpg
2014-07-02 14.39.06_800x600.jpg (123.54 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have owned quite a few bikes that were chain drive. Back when I started driving that was all there was. It wasn't the best technology, but it was all there was back then. We dealt with problems like broken links and kept going. I don't see chain drive as any worse or better than belt drive. No doubt shaft drive is the way to go, but I am guessing it is too expensive for sub $20k bikes. If there is something that is that dependable but cheap enough for less expensive bikes, you can bet it will show up soon.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Two people I work with migrated from scoots to 125 bikes and both have had chain problems - one a link snapped the other the chain stretched and needed tightening or a link removed, something like that. Both bikes were several years old so not sure why the chains still expand.
I'm amazed how good the belt drives works as it's not an easy life for the poor belt.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

In the 80s there were lots of shaft drive bikes, off the top of my head... Honda CX500/650, GL 650/1000/1100, Yamaha XS650/750/850, XJ 750, XZ550 Suzuki GS 650/850/1000/1100 Kawasaki GT 550/750, Z1000/1100/1300

There is only one reason for the demise of shaft drive road bikes and that is the popularity of superbike racing.
Fashion over function is the modern doctrine, even the more practical modern bikes suffer from utterly inadequate seats and mudguards for example.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ratster »

scisor34 wrote:It's entertaining putting my customers on test rides on both the CTX and Gold Wing. "Amazing" is generally their response. The CTX riding position, DCT transmission, and low center of gravity make it a treat to ride. The modern Gold Wing needs to be ridden to be appreciated, words do not describe what an incredible handling bike it is for being a mammoth beast. At parking lot speeds it feels like sub 400lb bike, and can be absolutely thrown around corners at any speed you dare. It's easy to read stats on a bike and come to the conclusion you don't like it, but you never know till you get your butt on the seat and take it for a ride what it's all about.

Test ride? Not up here. Not till ya buy it :(
wingz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Dark Silver

Post by wingz »

gn2 wrote:There is only one reason for the demise of shaft drive road bikes and that is the popularity of superbike racing.
Fashion over function is the modern doctrine, even the more practical modern bikes suffer from utterly inadequate seats and mudguards for example.
I would have thought cost to be the main reason.
Sure, I can appreciate that a chain is lighter than a shaft, but shaft is nice.
One of my pet hates is how marketers convince the public that the product that is cheaper to manufacture is superior to the to the product that actually is superior. Classic case, in my opinion, is Audi's FWD campaign. Of course it makes perfect business sense.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

skuuter wrote:
Will Do..... ;)
So glad I remembered this! Did you get a chance (or offer) to try out the NM4 yet?
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

WhiteNoise wrote:
skuuter wrote:
Will Do..... ;)
So glad I remembered this! Did you get a chance (or offer) to try out the NM4 yet?
Yes.....finally got Ken Rabbit (Honda Regional Director) to let me ride a Honda Demo Version. Really, really comfy on the road. I'm 5'7", and everything fit well. The seat is a ridiculously low height, as in "chair height"...!!!...Power was "adequate", but nothing to get excited about. Brakes were really good, even if used repeatedly as drag brakes on really twisty roads. I like it while sitting on it, but when off...I STILL CANNOT WARM UP TO THE UGLY LOOKS..... o_O ...it will be a Great Bike to get Folks into the Sport that have some "Real Money" to spend. Would I buy one...???...NO, although I do think there will be a future market for this type of "pricey" starter bikes in the future..... ;) ... 8)
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

I sat in one at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show the other day. A bit of blur from my 5 year old snapping the photo and a bit from the smoke effect Honda used as part of the display.

Neat bike. I liked the riding position. With the large fairing you'd think they would offer more leg wind protection. A manual version of this bike would be nice.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS