Yamaha XMAX 300

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Yamaha XMAX 300

Post by alx123 »

Saw in the ads that Yamaha is already offering the Xmax 300 in Thailand for $6189.

Specs summary

Single cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valves
Displacement, 292cc
Traction control system, ABS, adjustable windscreen

Honda Forza's is priced around $4600 right now..

This scoot looks sexier to me than the bloated Forza. TCS is a welcome addition. Is the price diff worth it?

Unless Honda comes up with an upgraded Forza with a little bit more sporty look..
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Yamaha XMAX 300

Post by you you »

alx123 wrote:Image

Saw in the ads that Yamaha is already offering the Xmax 300 in Thailand for $6189.

Specs summary

Single cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valves
Displacement, 292cc
Traction control system, ABS, adjustable windscreen

Honda Forza's is priced around $4600 right now..

This scoot looks sexier to me than the bloated Forza. TCS is a welcome addition. Is the price diff worth it?

Unless Honda comes up with an upgraded Forza with a little bit more sporty look..
It does look good but it's a lot more $.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

"Oops, I did it Again.....!" (Duplicate post)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

It is unfortunate that the price is so high. You can't succeed in the market if you offer something at a third more in price, even if it does have a lot of good features. Price is a driving force in most markets, and I am sure that the Asian market is particularly aggressive.
Interested in seeing how well it does for that price.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:) Nice 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

Mel46 wrote:It is unfortunate that the price is so high. You can't succeed in the market if you offer something at a third more in price, even if it does have a lot of good features. Price is a driving force in most markets, and I am sure that the Asian market is particularly aggressive.
Interested in seeing how well it does for that price.
it will not be a surprise if they lower the price here to be competitive. Their nmax is a lil cheaper than the pcx here, even though it has abs equiped in both of its brakes.
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

My favourite scooter shape is the PCX, If they just made it slightly more powerful 200cc-300cc then it'd be perfect.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

Scottish wrote:My favourite scooter shape is the PCX, If they just made it slightly more powerful 200cc-300cc then it'd be perfect.
I agree, and add ABS too..
Hyadum

Post by Hyadum »

I am also interested in the XMAX 300, as I am looking for a next scoot after the PCX 150. The 150 is plenty ok in town, but if you want to ever leave the city, you either need to have patience or more horsepower :)) I don't have the patience...
Also it compares to the Forza 300 in specs and class, but the Forza has much worse cargo capacity. You can fit 2 full size helmets in the XMAX, and there is room left for gloves and textile jacket. Also the XMAX has better power at about 29hp. So this is why the price difference is there. Any other competitors?
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
Albert Einstein
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Does Kymco offer the People GT 300i there? It may be something else to put on the list of possibilities. It offers a top box for what it lacks in under seat storage. :geek:
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I sit nicely on the PCX with a custom saddle type seat. When I sat on a Forza I felt like I had less leg room. To me, price aside, for the XMax it would come down to how it felt to sit on it. ABS is indeed a big plus, but not sure if it is a $1,600 plus.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

Hyadum wrote:I am also interested in the XMAX 300, as I am looking for a next scoot after the PCX 150. The 150 is plenty ok in town, but if you want to ever leave the city, you either need to have patience or more horsepower :)) I don't have the patience...
Also it compares to the Forza 300 in specs and class, but the Forza has much worse cargo capacity. You can fit 2 full size helmets in the XMAX, and there is room left for gloves and textile jacket. Also the XMAX has better power at about 29hp. So this is why the price difference is there. Any other competitors?
I agree with PCX150rider. SYM and Kymco offers great 300cc options.

XMAX is awesome, except for the price. But if money is not an issue, there is no reason not to go for it..
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

kramnala58 wrote:I sit nicely on the PCX with a custom saddle type seat. When I sat on a Forza I felt like I had less leg room. To me, price aside, for the XMax it would come down to how it felt to sit on it. ABS is indeed a big plus, but not sure if it is a $1,600 plus.
There's also TCS, which im not sure is worth the price diff..

Forza is just too big for my asian build..
Hyadum

Post by Hyadum »

Thank you for the feedback.
I have checked the Kymco People GT 300i Specifications. I like the engine power, the 16' wheels, lower weight. I really don't like the looks (easily blends in with the 50cc scooters) and the storage space and fuel tank are significantly lower. Here the price is 5000 euros for the People GT 300 ABS, and 6000 for the XMAX. So not a huge difference, and certainly worth it.
I don't know what TCS is.
Albert Einstein
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

Hyadum wrote:Thank you for the feedback.
I have checked the Kymco People GT 300i Specifications. I like the engine power, the 16' wheels, lower weight. I really don't like the looks (easily blends in with the 50cc scooters) and the storage space and fuel tank are significantly lower. Here the price is 5000 euros for the People GT 300 ABS, and 6000 for the XMAX. So not a huge difference, and certainly worth it.
I don't know what TCS is.
Traction control system, helps avoid tire slips in slippery surfaces.

If there's SYM brand dealer in your area, also check out their GTS 300i, they look awesome.

But maybe sticking to a Honda or a Yamaha is better when it comes to after sales services.
Hyadum

Post by Hyadum »

Ok I see. There is no GTS 300i on the official page, but I can see other models, Could it be one of these?

http://www.kymco.ro/ro/produs/Scutere-p ... S-e4/40704 --> looks nice, slightly bigger engine, but 14/13' wheels :( 5800 euros is almost the same as XMAX
http://www.kymco.ro/ro/produs/Scutere-p ... S-e4/40706 --> looks decent, 13l fuel instead of 9l, but less power (24hp 25Nm), 14/13' wheels 4800 euros

There are good and bad sides, so I'm not sure they are worth it.
Albert Einstein
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider

Post by alx123 »

Sym is a diff brand to Kymco

http://www.sym-global.com/all_models?se ... chccnum=19

I'm not sure if theyre available from where you are though..

If you think Xmax is for you, by all means go for it..We would love to hear back from you about it :)
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I have mixed feelings about that styling. Its true that the new look tries to emulate the now popular "transformers" motif with an angular , sharp presentation. I am not sure that appeals to me . Although a nice look I think I still like the more smoother flowing lines the Forza presents. Looks more fluid and flowing in design . Its all in the age and times , but I think I would prefer the conservative smoother flowing design. I am sure at some point it too will change to meet more modern demands .
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I like the Forza lines much better than the Helix or Reflex of days of Yore. . .. :D

I think if the Scooter market in the U.S. was a larger source of revenue the manufacturers might try marketing designs skewed to larger riders but they have to put their money where it's going to do the most good and therefore cater to their current consumer base that will predictably keep on buying their stuff in quantity. ;)

Vespa is a class act but the culture in Italy is big on vacations and living the good life and it's been widely known for a long time that in some seasons you just find it very difficult to get certain replacement parts because the workers are on Holiday. I think it's great for them but when you see an MSRP and then still have to deal with the "Vespa" tax fees on top of that you really start asking yourself is it worth it? If money is no object then got it spend it. But if you are like a lot of people and want to get the most value for your hard earned money then you may pass on the Vespa "Wow" factor and move along to the reliable Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha products with a wide array of dealership service departments and widely available parts year-round. :geek:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:I like the Forza lines much better than the Helix or Reflex of days of Yore. . .. :D

I think if the Scooter market in the U.S. was a larger source of revenue the manufacturers might try marketing designs skewed to larger riders but they have to put their money where it's going to do the most good and therefore cater to their current consumer base that will predictably keep on buying their stuff in quantity. ;)

Vespa is a class act but the culture in Italy is big on vacations and living the good life and it's been widely known for a long time that in some seasons you just find it very difficult to get certain replacement parts because the workers are on Holiday. I think it's great for them but when you see an MSRP and then still have to deal with the "Vespa" tax fees on top of that you really start asking yourself is it worth it? If money is no object then got it spend it. But if you are like a lot of people and want to get the most value for your hard earned money then you may pass on the Vespa "Wow" factor and move along to the reliable Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha products with a wide array of dealership service departments and widely available parts year-round. :geek:

Let's be honest. Vespas are a class (or two) above any other scooter. But if you've ever watched the movie Dodgeball you just can't.

Ever.