Been a while...lot of "Life Changes"

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Been a while...lot of "Life Changes"

Post by skuuter »

OK, haven't been here for a while because......My Mom ended up with a lot of major Health Issues and has finally had to be put permanently in a Nursing Home, pretty much bed-ridden. Due to this, my Dad went on and fully retired leaving me the sole Manager of Our Family Owned Business/Truck Salvage Yard. My Wife, due to "Obamacare" total loss of Company Insurance and Down-sizing, had to leave Her QUIK MART #3 Manager's Job of 19 years, and take a Job with Home Depot as a Home Depot Fuel Store Supervisor (Home Depot has Gas Station/Convenience Stores in Tennessee)...WHEW...!!!!!...after getting the two 2014 Honda Forza 300 Scooters, we decided they served Our Ride Purposes and Budget better than anything We've owned to date, so we sold ALL of Our Other Motorcycles and the two PCX 150 Scooters....Only Bikes we have now are the two Forzas. We've taken long Trips on Them, and ran around Local.....the Perfect "Do-Alls" for us......

Both Forzas have the Honda Tall Windshields, Racks, and Top Cases....mine also has a GIVI Tailbag and GARMIN ZUMO GPS, and a SLIME Onboard Air Compressor......"anyway", we have gotten Life settled back to a "normal routine", so I plan to be back on here regularly posting Ride Pics and Write-ups....Really missed ALL of You and This Website, but sometimes "Life Happens"..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Been a while...lot of "Life Changes"

Post by MichRocks »

Yea, life changes fast, and is short. Due to my 90 year old mother-in-law's inability to cope on her own, we moved her in with us, and spend weekends modifying our house (putting in another kitchen, drywall, plumbing, electrical, etc) to accommodate her. I don't get to ride much at this point, and try to take her out for some drives while she can still enjoy. My Forza gets used as it can, but I have had a lot of plans put on hold because of changes. Still, that's life, and we all deserve to get the best that can be offered, and compromise is the name of the game.

Welcome BACK!!! Love the dual scoots concept!!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Welcome back. Was wondering where you were
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome back. I had wondered where you went. You were MIA for a bit.

Ya, life has a way of throwing unexpected curves at us. Just over a week ago all was well and in the 10 days in between it has been 2 doctors appointments an MRI and unexpected surgery on my shoulder. Got home from the hospital a few hours ago and it looks like there won't be any riding for me for at least a few weeks, possibly 6-12. Bummer.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Thanks Guys...really appreciate it......at last we have gotten back to a normal routine again..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Welcome back, Skuuter. I was worried a bit, I know you ride a lot, and was afraid something happened. I was up in your neck of the woods a couple of weekends ago enjoying the twisties near you, lots of fun. Ride safe, and nice to see you here again. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

maddiedog wrote:Welcome back, Skuuter. I was worried a bit, I know you ride a lot, and was afraid something happened. I was up in your neck of the woods a couple of weekends ago enjoying the twisties near you, lots of fun. Ride safe, and nice to see you here again. :)

Thanks Maddie...Great to Be Back...!!!!!...Yep, nothing "Bike Accident Related", just as stated... ;) .....Let the Posting Begin....."again"..... :D
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

I sympathize with you Skuuter. I retired early for those reasons. With three other siblings wanting no part of helping mom, I'm all she's got. Doing all I can to keep her out of the Old Folks Condo, but looks like I might be making the same decision. After all they done for us, it is hard to do that.

You are not that far from me, maybe we could met up one day when the weather is nice.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

willajabir wrote:I sympathize with you Skuuter. I retired early for those reasons. With three other siblings wanting no part of helping mom, I'm all she's got. Doing all I can to keep her out of the Old Folks Condo, but looks like I might be making the same decision. After all they done for us, it is hard to do that.

You are not that far from me, maybe we could met up one day when the weather is nice.
Nope, it's not an easy thing to do, but my Mom had gotten too bad for my Dad and Home Health to be able to care for Her any longer...."short list of options" after that point is reached..... :cry: ......Yep, not "too far"....I came through Your Town (Gardendale, Al) several years ago on a "No Interstate" Motorcycle Trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama using mostly Hwy 31..... ;) 8)
6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

Glad to see you back! Love your pics. That's one great things about scooters - even if I'm too busy working, at least I can enjoy the ride.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

6ftMach1Girl wrote:Glad to see you back! Love your pics. That's one great things about scooters - even if I'm too busy working, at least I can enjoy the ride.
Thanks....Yep, nothing better than Riding..... ;)
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Been a while "again", due to "Life Circumstances"......My Mom died October 28th...Mitzie is facing imminent Knee Replacement of Her left knee...etc., etc., etc. (way too numerous, and boring things to go through here).......now, some Good News...Mitzie sold Her 2014 Forza 300, and has a New Black PCX 150 on order. The Forza was getting too heavy on Her bad knee, so back to a PCX 150 it is. The 2015 Models have a New Instrument Panel, Body Work, and Lights.......Pics coming when it arrives..... ;) 8)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Along with every bad thing there should be some good. In your case, your wife can still ride with you. That is important because everyone needs a time to get away from the stress of everyday life. Riding is a great stress reliever. Riding with your wife gives both of you that relief, plus the benefits of being together and enjoying nature. Sorry about your mother. I went through that and so did my wife. It is a passage of life that almost all of us will have to face, and then our kids will have to, and then their kids...etc. Memories are forever, even if we aren't.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

That's.... "Well said Mel" ;)
Welcome back again, skuuter. I'm riding right beside Ya with the family matters. Ain't been fun. Riding is. Chatting here is. Stay put now :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

THANKS Folks....Really appreciate it.....!!!!!!..... 8)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Good decision to clear out the crap and keep the Forzas.
Nice to see you back, life can be a real bastard sometimes.
Remember though, no-one gets out alive, so might as well enjoy it and laugh in its face while we still can.

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome back again, again. Glad to hear that in spite of life's circumstances, you are still with us. Had been wondering about you recently.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

I still have my Forza, the Wife (due to knee issues) got rid of Hers, and ordered a new 2015 Black PCX 150. It arrived and got assembled yesterday...will be picked up today...Pics coming soon... ;)
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

I am new here but condolences to you and your family skuuter.

The 2015 PCXs are excellent. Enjoy.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I think she will be happy with the pcx. My wife has knee problems but is able to handle the pcx. I had 2 knee surgeries on one knee due to a motorcycle accident. I have a knee brace i purchased at Target that i wear while riding. It helps my knee when i put pressure on it.
i hope she continues to ride for a long time. It is a great way to relieve stress and enjoy life.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers