LOOK at My Truck Tires, They Look Like.....

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Re: LOOK at My Truck Tires, They Look Like.....

Post by dergav »

see if this link works...if it does then that explains the DOT system in USA ...and read advice on tyre manufacturers guidance...sounds like you will be OK as you have the receipt....

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/ ... ?techid=11
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

So WhiteNoise, how does this story end?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks for asking Indy, and thanks to others for adding info & web links.
I'll be back tomorrow with an update. Been a wittle sick, it's getting that time of year. Looks like I'll be reviving my Rain thread soon. :cry:
Till tamale...
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

o_O OMGosh! Itsa book!
You can skip this whole first B.S. Paragraph if Ya want and jump to the second one. Nothing but babble in the first. I just need to talk out loud. Vent. You've been warned. :? Have you ever noticed that when you get upset or disgusted with something or someone that you tend to avoid or ignore it or them? Not always, but you know what I mean, it happens right? Okay maybe not to you, or you. I sometimes get overwhelmed, and I'll throw my hands in the air in hopes that whatever it is just goes away. I know that's childish Not mature. :oops: But at least I'm mature enough to recognize it. Okay who cares WN, move on! Well, this is one of those times and I'm frustrated, and that doesn't work to my advantage either. I'm not getting anywhere or anything accomplished with that position. Did I tell you I was sick? Really, I am. More about that later. Again....Hel-lo, who cares!

Finally Tire Talk! Okay so I did make a step forward the other day & inquired about my crapped up tires. I stopped at my auto shop that did my NYS State Inspection and tire rotation. I just happen to be coming home that way On Friday just 10 minutes before their closing. One of those Should I, or shouldn't I stop? I did. Yikes! I took a risk right there on getting satisfactory help. So I park walk in and see the boss John wrapping the days/wks business up with his secretary (he also works on the cars that come in and he knows me). Surprisingly he stops talking, looks at me like, what are you doing here?
So I jump in without thinking and spit out, "I don't know how my truck passed inspection with tires looking so bad. I was checking my tire pressure when I saw how they looked. I even posted pictures on a forum I belong to asking if they thought they had dry rot or whatever. Quite a few thought they were bad. So what I need to know is the last four digits of the DOT code. That will give me the age of the tires. I tried to get under there to look at the inside walls myself but no go." I finally took a breath. He looked surprised and said, "is your truck here?" "Ah yeah, in the lot." Out the door he goes with me close behind. He asks for the keys turns the ignition, then the steering wheel and bends down and under the front with a penlight. Damn I thought, why didn't I think to turn the damn steering wheel myself! There was the DOT number I needed, those four digits! So he checked each tire code twice and read them out to me.

Three of the tires read 1212 and one read 1312. Mind you I bought all four tires online at the same time from Tire Rack. That was on 4/25/12. Less than 3 years ago. So, the tires are not old. It's past closing for him now and I ask him to please look at the tread and the outer walls of each tire. I repeat how forum members think they're bad. He grins, chuckles and says, "the thing about these forums, you never know who you're talking to, they could be kids, 12 years old even. You never know." I disagree with him and he mumbled. I pointed at the cracking. The sun was glaring making it hard to see. I told him I could show him my photos but, not interested. I assured him, the cracking was bad & premature. He shook his head and said, "you can take them to Michelin to look at, but I don't know if they'll do anything for you. They'll probably say it looks like normal wear and nothing to worry about." Now My face was surprised. "Really?" "Yeah," he said, "but try." I thanked him for his time and left (discouraged).

Wow, I still think my tires are bad. They make me nervous. But they're fine??
Next step. What? Should I call Tire Rack or just go to a Michelin Dealer? Tire Racks Michelin warranty sounds like they steer you directly to the dealer. Maybe it's Tire Rack that tells me where to get them looked at? Locally I'm sure. Esp with bad tires? On top of this aggravation, I've not been feeling well and Mom's developed pneumonia. Hers started as a cold and she lovingly gave that to me. Love you Mom. Or could it be the places I hang out at? hospitals, & nursing homes? Yeah very possible.

Well, that's my Very Lenghty UpDate folks. Wish I could say my tires were replaced. Who knows. More to come. Stay tuned.....or Run as fast as you can! Haha :lol:
I just better be fit by this weekend, I want, I need, to ride....period!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You