Garden Visitor Blue Tongue Lizard

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Garden Visitor Blue Tongue Lizard

Post by JohnL »

Things are warming up here in Oz, just spotted this visitor in our garden, out sunning himself. We will feed it some minced beef and it will probably stay for the summer. They are harmless but can give a nasty bite if annoyed.

And yes, his tongue is bright blue.
Attachments
Blue Tongue 21-09-15.jpg
Blue Tongue 21-09-15.jpg (138.26 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

Re: Garden Visitor Blue Tongue Lizard

Post by Kermit »

Wow - that looks like a snake with legs!

I really want to see the blue tongue. Can you go out and find him again and get a photo of his tongue? :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Kermit wrote:Wow - that looks like a snake with legs!

:)

You do a bit too :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

No harm meant Kermit. Nothing Miss Piggy can't handle! Hey! Did you see? They have their own show now and I think they Actually broke up! Oh No! :o "Say It Isn't So!"

2yous has a sense of humor...he likes your avatar (I can tell)

JohnL how did you get so close? He be ugly and looking like a diamond back snake at first glance! Yeah, I just said that all in one breath. Phew! He can keep his blue tongue to himself, thank you. I saw enough. How many of these critters are crawling about yer yard? And why?

Got a cat? Me-Owww :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:No harm meant Kermit. Nothing Miss Piggy can't handle! Hey! Did you see? They have their own show now and I think they Actually broke up! Oh No! :o "Say It Isn't So!"

2yous has a sense of humor...he likes your avatar (I can tell)

JohnL how did you get so close? He be ugly and looking like a diamond back snake at first glance! Yeah, I just said that all in one breath. Phew! He can keep his blue tongue to himself, thank you. I saw enough. How many of these critters are crawling about yer yard? And why?

Got a cat? Me-Owww :D

I'm looking forward to the new muppet show. What is it like? Must be room for a WN character :D

Appreciate its now set in a TV studio rather than a variety theatre but are Waldorf and stadler still there?

Do tell :D
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Hi WN, they are native to Australia and are passive slow moving creatures and only move fast if threatened. You can usually get within 1-2 feet of them if you approach slowly, then they retreat. In previous years we had a pair in the yard and found one in our kitchen, it had crawled under our door from the garage. I took the brave approach by wearing riggers gloves to pick it up and deposit it back in the yard.

We have a cat, but he's only allowed outside on a leash. He also has a covered enclosure he can access through a cat flap in a back bedroom. We feed wild parrots twice a day much to the cat's disgust :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Alrighty then John, better you than me messing with those critters. Your Kitty cat must love seeking them out given the chance :D Ah yes! Now I remember...you feed those lovely birds. A real jungle going on out back heh? Why not. If you enjoy it, go for it! You can look out your back and see a new show everyday. Birds can be entertaining. Got any fish? They're mesmerizing, kinda like therapy as they swim and wiggle about.

I get it, I lived for 15 years on 1/2 an acre in Florida with Bobcats, coyotes, all kinds of good & bad snakes, armadillos, red tail fox, deer, bear, quail, turtles, underground critters, Eagles, Hawks, Falcons, Kites, Sand Crains, Egrets,...you name it! Right in my Green Belt backyard. Fun times indeed, just watch your step! A coral snake or diamondback could be underfoot....it was!

Okee-Dokey, that's enuff about Animal Planet, time to hit the hay. I bid you goodnight, pleasant dreams! Woof!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You