Rodent... big one!

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Rodent... big one!

Post by homie »

One less rat for my Shepherd to maul. My porch is going to fall in a sink hole if I can't stop the squatters permanently, do we have any ideas? If I fill it in, they dig it out, if I block the hole with wire they dig a knew one to the side which is worse and runs higher risk of structural failure.

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Rodent... big one!

Post by kramnala58 »

If you don't have young children around, try moth balls.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

kramnala58 wrote:If you don't have young children around, try moth balls.
going to pick some up right after I take the possum for a ride... thanks
zanggerk
Year: 2012
Color: black

Post by zanggerk »

or ultra sonic rat repellers. something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Howell-Ultra ... B008653COM
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

zanggerk wrote:or ultra sonic rat repellers. something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Howell-Ultra ... B008653COM
I actually own those and have one in the attic and garage. They work good for chipmunks and mice but not water proof so porch isn't practical nor the 120v power source they typically need.

Well he is off to the woods to do what big rats do and mothballs are stuffed under the porch and hole filled. If it wasn't responsible for the burrow then whatever is coming out soon and I'm sorry for relocating the possum. Hope its not a skunk again.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Air rifle and lamp?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Well, that's a-hell-of-a Birthday present for you young homie!

I absolutely despise opossum, they're nasty fugly rat folk! That smile? ...all's I'm Seeing are Razor sharp teeth (okay, with a bit of self inflicted Fear).

You did a kind deed by catch and release.....however, I'm with 2yous! No other easy/n/fast solve. He'll be back!! He will!

So yeah, git yerself comfortable, Toss down a chair along with 2yous mentioned ingredients and send that oversized rat Home! Repeat-Home! They make families fast! One becomes five overnight. Beneath your house? C'mon now..."He/She's Got To Go Bro!" Go on now...kick arse time!

Nooooo....Do Not, repeat, Do Not let Fido on the loose! He may eat him pronto, but he'll feels mighty ill soon after!

Alls I'm Sayin'
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:Well, that's a-hell-of-a Birthday present for you young homie! So yeah, git yerself comfortable, Toss down a chair along with 2yous mentioned ingredients and send that oversized rat Home!
One of God's so I don't want to kill em, maybe Illinois is getting to me plus I think I would have to do some community service or attend a class on animal sensitivity if they caught me relocating critters. Their be some real tree huggers around here :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Community service? I be laughing out loud. A class on animal sensitivity? Sounds like a Southern approach :lol:

I'm very familiar with all ya critters homie and then some. Say, how's about a gang of pocket gopher's running amuck? Now there's a test sent from God himself. Try to get rid of those menacing little beotches! I had the mother of them All 1 foot away from me, just staring me square in the face. I swear she was laughing, cuz she thought she be winning. She and her kin took over my 1/2 acre of property with their dirty high rise hotels. Bah! Total Disaster! Grass? Lost it and so did I :x
Yep, you need a chair
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Domesticate it.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Community service? I be laughing out loud. A class on animal sensitivity? Sounds like a Southern approach :lol:

I'm very familiar with all ya critters homie and then some. Say, how's about a gang of pocket gopher's running amuck? Now there's a test sent from God himself. Try to get rid of those menacing little beotches! I had the mother of them All 1 foot away from me, just staring me square in the face. I swear she was laughing, cuz she thought she be winning. She and her kin took over my 1/2 acre of property with their dirty high rise hotels. Bah! Total Disaster! Grass? Lost it and so did I :x
Yep, you need a chair

Chair, lamp, Bourbon and a 12ft lb and over air rifle. They'll still be breeding faster than you can shoot them so its evens
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

do skunks hibernate? so far my porch motel remains closed. I put a bag of mothballs in there and filled up the hole, if there is another skunk under there he likes mothballs.

Whitenoise you need a RODENTATOR 5000, If I use this I would go to prison for 20 years here in Illinois

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:do skunks hibernate? so far my porch motel remains closed. I put a bag of mothballs in there and filled up the hole, if there is another skunk under there he likes mothballs.

Whitenoise you need a RODENTATOR 5000, If I use this I would go to prison for 20 years here in Illinois

The Jasper Carrott model...
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you you wrote: The Jasper Carrott model...

google search; who is jasper carrot................. belated laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Evil Sports
Year: 2015
Color: Black/blue

Post by Evil Sports »

Thats not a rat... you need to trap and destroy all the ones living under that area and then seal it up
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
you you wrote: The Jasper Carrott model...

google search; who is jasper carrot................. belated laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is his funky moped on there too?
Kenno
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014/2015
Color: White

Post by Kenno »

Hey Homie! I watched that video and thought 'I know that voice?!'
Then I realised I watched your PCX panel removal videos when I recently fitted heated grips - they were so useful! Thanks a lot! I found them on youtube instead of this site so hadn't made the connection until now.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Kenno wrote:Hey Homie! I watched that video and thought 'I know that voice?!'
Then I realised I watched your PCX panel removal videos when I recently fitted heated grips - they were so useful! Thanks a lot! I found them on youtube instead of this site so hadn't made the connection until now.
14+ videos later you were thinking... I'm never doing THAT! :lol: thanks for watching, if anyone else cares to drive up the viewership please click here ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ierh8gBeuLg
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Please allow me to thank homie along with You :)

Yes indeed, our homie (besides being funny), is a great video shooter with a cool video voice.
He is generous. He uses his time to provide us with his Very helpful tutorials.
Note his videos are always taken in pleasant and clean surroundings (even with music). He keeps your eye on the tiger, not on a bunch of debri. He knows Clutter causes accidents. He is as precise as he can be and just as careful. He never bores us and he is full of surprises.

Yep, today is appreciation day for you homie.....
Thanks Bro for the package you bring to our forums, I tip my Hat 2ya :P
The end (haha, for now) :lol:
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

If ultrasound works you need one designed for moles. They are intended for in ground use and are environment proof.

Hey there is even one disigned especially for possums but I think that looks like to keep them out of the roof. The mole unit sticks into the ground.