Dog thread!

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Dog thread!

Post by maddiedog »

We were talking about people posting their dogs in another thread, post pictures of your furry four-legged companions here!

This is Maddiedog, she's the 15-pound terrier of terror (at least to rodents) that my username and avatar refer to:
1.jpg
1.jpg (69.95 KiB) Viewed 5291 times

She's got a sister (from another mother) named Sophie and a pet cat named Moose. Sophie and Moose are my wife's pets. They all 3 get along excellently, and often will all play chase or wrestle all over the house. Maddie is about 16lbs, Sophie is about 10lbs, and Moose is about 9lbs:
dogpile.jpg
dogpile.jpg (62.16 KiB) Viewed 5291 times

Maddie's main pasttime is either ball (OMG BALL DID SOMEONE SAY BALL? BALL? BALL! BALL. BALL? BALL!) or chasing squirrels and chipmunks. She's REALLY good at catching chipmunks and squirrels, but has NO IDEA what to do when she gets them. Sophie on the other hand is bad at catching them, but shakes the poor rodents to death, rips out their innards, then rolls in them. Anyways, since we don't want a picture of Sophie post-kill, here's Maddie with a ball:
ball.jpg
ball.jpg (68.28 KiB) Viewed 5291 times

Maddie was rescued in the fall of 2008. We rescued her from a local high-kill shelter. She was on the kill list, and we got to her less than a week from the injection. She came with bad kennel cough, and was completely emaciated. Maddie's peak weight when she used to run half-marathons with me was around 21lbs (she was JACKED with muscle). When we got her, she was around 8lbs, and you could count her ribs and spine:
IMG_07.JPG
IMG_07.JPG (174.16 KiB) Viewed 5291 times

She put on weight really fast, and was to a healthy, happy weight within 6 months of her adoption:
IMG_46.JPG
IMG_46.JPG (213.64 KiB) Viewed 5291 times

Of course, what Maddie is best known for around here is for her scooter riding. I started scootering a lot in the months before we adopted Maddie, riding a Honda Reflex (NSS250A) for thousands of miles. Maddie did NOT like being left alone, and much prefered being with us all the time. She had attachment issues so badly that when we first got her, she'd get in the shower with me when I got up at the morning. :lol:

We always took her with us in the car, but she KNEW we were leaving her behind if we got our helmets out. Once she figured that out, she would climb on the scooter when we let her go potty before going riding and we'd have to take her off and put her inside. We lived in downtown Atlanta at the time, and I used to go bicycling for hundreds of miles a week, so I tried sticking her in a backpack to have her bicycle with me. We rode like that for a few weeks, then it became too hot for the backpack. She moved to a basket, and we rode my road bicycle like that for over a year. She took right to it, even leaning against the bike or dropping low to stay in around tight curves.

Just after she rode in the basket the first time, I started riding the scooter with her in the backpack, riding on the front. At the time, I had my big cruising bike, a Honda PC800. Even though it was a motorcycle, we still rode in scooter rallies. Here's her riding on my wife's lap at a rally on the PC. She's wet because we went swimming in the Chattahoochee river at the previous stop:
pc.jpg
pc.jpg (120.94 KiB) Viewed 5291 times
She had loads of fun riding on my wife's lap or in a backpack, but there was no way to have her ride in a basket. I tried riding around the neighborhood with her on the tunnel bag, and she took right to it. We've been riding like that ever since, and Maddie has ridden over 10000 miles on 3 different bikes, including several 500+ mile trips.
IMG_054.jpg
IMG_054.jpg (91.84 KiB) Viewed 5291 times
298548_226839120713126_1414157976_n.jpg
298548_226839120713126_1414157976_n.jpg (132.82 KiB) Viewed 5291 times

We'll be at the Resurgence scooter rally in Atlanta this summer, (probably) at the Coco Beach scooter rally in Florida (linky: http://cocoabeachscooterrally.com/) and hopefully will hit Deal's Gap again this summer. :D

Post your pups!
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Dog thread!

Post by Urbanian »

maddiedog wrote: (probably) at the Coco Beach scooter rally in Florida (linky: http://cocoabeachscooterrally.com/)
:o We are supposed to be in Orlando that weekend! :o
I'm sure this is futile, but I'll tell the wife I have to ride down on the PCX so I can visit the rally while we're in the neighborhood!
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

tn_whitey babies 005.JPG
tn_whitey babies 005.JPG (37.76 KiB) Viewed 5268 times
How about an albino raccoon and her babies?
Cracksta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cracksta »

the is so adorable!

i hate dog threads because i badly want a dog but my lifestyle would mean the dog left on their own for appro 12 hours a day.

I would actually change jobs if i were able to work from so instead i have 2 bunnies who quite happily fit the bill and they act like dogs too! Need to post pics up later, at work right now and cant remember my photobucket password grrr!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Indyglow wrote:
tn_whitey babies 005.JPG
How about an albino raccoon and her babies?

That's is really unusual. Are you going to tell us more?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Maddiedog is obviously an one of a kind dog

Here is my "demon"

And here's one of a suicidal cat

And her daughter
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Your suicidal cat looks just like our neighbours cat that plays with my daughters puss pictured here:

IMG_0505 by TazPCX, on Flickr
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

heidi claire and corran
my beagles E.B. and C.B. used to be cute
but they grew up like this. lol, no thats "the count"
E.B. looks like this
C.B. looks like this
jlhog
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jlhog »

This my buddy "Ace". He is mostly Patterdale Terrier.
2013 Honda PCX 150
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Dudley wrote:Image
heidi claire and corran
my beagles E.B. and C.B. used to be cute
but they grew up like this. lol, no thats "the count"
E.B. looks like this
C.B. looks like this

That's a fair selection of animals :). Looks like there is a bit of 'love that dare not speak its name" between the whippet and the cat going on there.

What is the story with the stitching on the back of the second dog?
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

zipper installed for extra storage.

actually $5000 worth of back surgery for bad discs.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Dudley wrote:zipper installed for extra storage.

actually $5000 worth of back surgery for bad discs.
A drug dog!!!!

Oof. Did the surgery work?
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

yes it did work.
he went from constant morphine to happy little unmedicated hound dog.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Dudley wrote:yes it did work.
he went from constant morphine to happy little unmedicated hound dog.
Excellent. Just need the same for me :)
tenpastnine

Post by tenpastnine »

My dog!

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tenpastnine wrote:My dog!

Now that's a proper dog
Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Shoe »

Not really as viscous

Dudley

Post by Dudley »

For a minute there I thought that was a picture of a stuffed dog.
Very cute.
tenpastnine

Post by tenpastnine »

Shoe wrote:Not really as viscous

thats a cute dog! i did think it was a stuffed animal at first too!

my dog isn't vicious, but he loves to swing.. Discovered it when he was a puppy and we went to a park and there was a big tree with a rope coming off a tall branch with a stick tied to the end, and he jumped up to it without being prompted and wouldn't let go!

Staffordshire bull terriers are known for having very strong jaws, in fact just being very strong, but also extremely friendly particularly with children, not so much with other dogs.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

tenpastnine wrote:
Shoe wrote:Not really as viscous

thats a cute dog! i did think it was a stuffed animal at first too!

my dog isn't vicious, but he loves to swing.. Discovered it when he was a puppy and we went to a park and there was a big tree with a rope coming off a tall branch with a stick tied to the end, and he jumped up to it without being prompted and wouldn't let go!

Staffordshire bull terriers are known for having very strong jaws, in fact just being very strong, but also extremely friendly particularly with children, not so much with other dogs.

Mines ok with dogs too.

They were known as Nanny Dogs as they used to be left to look after kids