any idea

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

gaszton14

any idea

Post by gaszton14 »

Hi, I bought my PCX last february. I use it every day(200 miles a week). When I bought the top speed was 65 miles/h. Now I'm happy if it reaches 56-57miles/h. I change oil after 2-3000miles, I've changed the airfilter. Has anyone any idea way, or it's normal beacause of the useage ? :oops:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: any idea

Post by gn2 »

Its because of the drive belt wearing down.
As it wears it affects the gearing.
I think the change interval is 12500 miles.
When you fit a new belt your top speed will increase.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
pcx man
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcx man »

Have the valves been adjusted? This could cause lower top speeds, hard starts, less mpg and more problems. Some people have had belt problems at less than 1000 miles. Most belts will last more than 10k. I changed mine at 11k and it was still in good shape.
OriginalRocket
Regular User
Regular User

Post by OriginalRocket »

gn2 wrote:Its because of the drive belt wearing down.
As it wears it affects the gearing.
I think the change interval is 12500 miles.
When you fit a new belt your top speed will increase.

This. Interval is 15,000 miles here in the USA. I changed mine at 10k, along with new tires, was back up to the pcx125cc top speed of 62 mph. Both the belt wearing down, and the tires wearing down had effectively lowered my final drive ratio. Meaning I could not reach top speed at the same given rpm.

Oddly, the belt spec. is 1 mm loss and then must change. I THINK its 22mm stock, change at 21mm. Mine at 10,000 miles was 21.6mm.

Hope this helps.