Oil filter

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

proteinsdef
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Oil filter

Post by proteinsdef »

Morning guys,

So I was about to take my 2013 PCX to the shop i purchased it from to get its 5000 mile service. But instead I chewed over it and decided to do my own. I know that last time even though I asked, they didn't check the valve clearances and also replaced the air filter which is not specified on the service manual. I wanted to know however, how I should be checking the fuel line and also do these bikes have an oil filter?. I thought that the money saved via service can be put into some trick bits for the bike instead!> :D :D
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Re: Oil filter

Post by Oyabun »

No and no. No inline fuel- or oil filter present on the PCX. There's a stainless steel mesh filter for the oil which has to be cleaned and placed back - no replacement needed.
Even though an oil change is pretty straight forward - valve adjustment needs quite bit of the tupperware to be removed. I suggest to check the resources in our how-to section or even better - purchase a service manual if you plan on servicing your own scoot.
proteinsdef
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by proteinsdef »

Hi Oyabun,

Had a good scour round the site and found the how to's, thanks for that. Ordered a service kit all in for £30 from north west Honda in the UK. It was going to cost me £150 ish to get serviced at the dealers and the bkes out of warranty so didnt see the point. I need new tyres so looking to spend the spare on them instead. Thanks again

Dan
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

See the tech section how to- change your oil
Use synthetic - it's cheap for a quart.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here: