2013 PCX Front Wiring Harness - Revisited

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

2013 PCX Front Wiring Harness - Revisited

Post by Ishkabibble »

My flexible strip DRLs arrived today, and the only thing I am missing now is the Posi-Tap connectors to hook them and the forward running lights up, and the time in which to do it. That will most likely happen Friday or Saturday.

So, I thought I'd try one more time, with more specific questions, so that I can get some definitive answers before I start, so there are no surprises.

1) I've already established, with my level of experience and knowledge, that the wiring diagram is theoretical, while the physical wire bundles aren't, and the two do not match up. It's one thing to see a drawing, and it's another entirely to see what the physical bundle of electrical spaghetti looks like.

2) I'm probably not going to need to worry about connectors, as I talked to a really nice guy named Mickey, at a local electronics shop today after class, who told me that there was a 99.9% chance that there were 20-24 F/M Bullet Connectors in the wiring harness. That, according to Mickey, is the industry standard for Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, etc.

Having said that, my specific inquiry is: Are the leads/wiring stubs for the daytime running lights that are in non-US bikes present? For those who are visually inclined, image of the headlight unit with the location of these lights marked: (Fig 1)

If those leads are present, but not connected to anything, since the US version does not have sockets in these locations, then everything is good, and I can just create new connections to plug into those leads. This is where I might need to buy a pack of connectors.

If not, then I have no idea what I'm going to hook up the DRL and Running Lights to. I suppose I could connect to the regular headlamp leads, but I don't know what kind of electrical values those leads have, nor what size wires they are, if they're non-standard (as compared to the rest of the wires) which I would think they are, since those bulbs are higher wattage than all the rest of the lights. That means to me (correct me if I am wrong) that they carry more juice, and therefore should be thicker wire. Right?

What am I going to find inside the wiring harness once I take the front end bodypanels off the bike?

Help! o_O
Attachments
Fig. 1. Location of non-US DRL
Fig. 1. Location of non-US DRL
drl1.png (481.93 KiB) Viewed 878 times
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Re: 2013 PCX Front Wiring Harness - Revisited

Post by Ishkabibble »

I can't believe that 20 people have looked at this thing, and not one person knows whether there are leads for the position lights in the US wiring harness, as opposed to the European/Asian harness.
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

As far as I know they are not on the wiring harness for the U.S. version. When I had the bike apart I did not see any spare socket to add more wiring harnesses. It may be that the additionAL harnesses plug into the main circuit connector.There are 5 pins on the speedometer plug that are not used on the U.S. model, and the ECM module plug has 12 unused pins. There are also 3 blank pins to the headlight circuit. My guess would be that they old normally connect there, but then you have to have another harness from that point. I would have to have the wiring diagram for a British version before I could tell you for sure whether you could tape in easily or not.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Also, the white wire is for the low beam. It is the only white wire in the entire diagram. I am thinking that the green/orange wire must be part of the ground for it since all of the grounds are green or have green in them.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers