Turn signal relay with a buzzer

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Nappier

Turn signal relay with a buzzer

Post by Nappier »

Has anyone found a source for a turn signal relay that makes a noise when it is on? I have seen quotes from this forum about finding them but no one has listed a source.
Gossamer

Re: Turn signal relay with a buzzer

Post by Gossamer »

Hi Nappier, I too am looking for something similar. I have a tendency to forget to switch off the turn signal. I understand there are "plug & play" relays that buzz or beep available but not too sure where to get them. The PCX is not common in NZ and as a result, not many places that stock accesseries. Also, am not exactly sure where the relay is on the PCX. Any ideas?
Nappier

Post by Nappier »

No, but I will find it as soon as I can find a replacement.
I will post the source when I find one. Good luck.
tomtic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by tomtic »

Hi Guys
A couple of British people do them:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-In ... 0613120888

and ....

http://www.audicator.com/

Hope this helps!
Gossamer

Post by Gossamer »

Hi tomtic,
Thanks for the links. I was hoping to take the easier option of locating a turn-signal relay with a buzzer integrated into the relay. Another member (FritzPinguin) mentioned in "Buzzers for Turn Signals" in the General section that they are readily available in Thailand and has fitted one to his bike. I'm heading off to Penang, Malaysia for my family Christmas holiday and will take a look at the bike shops there. They're probably common and a dime-a-dozen over there.
Cheers.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Gossamer wrote:... Another member (FritzPinguin) mentioned in "Buzzers for Turn Signals" in the General section that they are readily available in Thailand and has fitted one to his bike.
Can you post a link to this. I live in Thailand and wouldn't mind finding one.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Gossamer

Post by Gossamer »

FritzPinguin is in Phuket, presumably would have got his accessories from Power By PCX: http://www.powerbypcx.com/
5/45 Moo 5 Wiset Road
Fisherman Way Business Garden
T.Rawai 83130 PHUKET
AMF

Post by AMF »

That is easy and cost about 1 USD: Just buy a 12V buzzer at a eletronics shop and fit it in the output of the signal relay.

http://www.rapidonline.com/audio-visual ... er-35-0105
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

AMF wrote:That is easy and cost about 1 USD: Just buy a 12V buzzer at a eletronics shop and fit it in the output of the signal relay.

http://www.rapidonline.com/audio-visual ... er-35-0105
Won't that cause it to buzz all the time or is that what the op wants?
ImageImage
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

If you put a buzzer in parallel with each blinker, that would actually do the job easily and cheaply.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
toot

Post by toot »

:? :? :? :? :? Could you post a how to??? I put buzzers from Radio Shack on my Vespa Gt200 from instructions on Modern Vespa.. But I do not know how to put them on my PCX 150. thanks :? :? :? :?
SmellyTofu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by SmellyTofu »

I also found this online.. US$2.5 incl shipping worldwide and it replaces the existing flasher module.

http://dx.com/p/cyt-plastic-electric-bu ... ack-167494

When I get my hands on it, I'll do a quick how-to but as far as I can see, it's a plug and play item.
FritzPinguin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by FritzPinguin »

Gossamer wrote:FritzPinguin is in Phuket, presumably would have got his accessories from Power By PCX:
My ears are dingling, even though it is quite late... No, I bought the buzz-flasher in a small motorbike shop in Nong Khai, and later I went for one more (gift for a friend) to a Honda Shop in Phuket. The one from Phuket was junk, because it could not handle the 18 Watt bulbs of the PCX. So if you buy one, check it out... 2 x 18W that's what it has to handle.
Bike history: Germany: Staiger 50cc 2-stroke, BMW 250 (from 1952, my age), Honda Dax ST70, Honda CB 125 (Twin), Honda CB 750, Kawa Z400j
Thailand: Kawa Zephyr 400, Honda Wave 110 S, Kawa ZX130, PCX 150 (as far as I can remember)
Gossamer

Post by Gossamer »

Hi FritzPinguin, I am presently on holiday in Penang, Malaysia. Have found a relay with built in beeper but not entirely sure if it is the correct one for the PCX. It has two flat pins at right angles to each other. All it has printed on the unit is Apido A12.10.05. Was told by the motorcycle mechanic that it will fit the PCX. Cost all of RM12. Guess that's about US$4. Will know for sure when I fit it back home in NZ.
Gossamer

Post by Gossamer »

Found the turn signal relay from the diagram on MaddieDog's post. Access was quite simple (2 screws and 2 clips to remove the front grille, 4 bolts to remove the meter visor and a bit of prying to remove the front meter panel), replaced the relay with the beeper relay. Brilliant results. It was quite loud, I've had to attenuate it a little with a piece of sponge over the beeper. Yay, no more forgotten blinkers. :-)
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 PCX 125
Color: matt black

Post by wojtek_pl »

So, I'm not the first with the problem with silent turn indicators... :lol:

Thanks for the links, I hope in 2014 version it would also be easy to install it, since it has LEDs...
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
mrgizmow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015
Color: black

Post by mrgizmow »

As I just finished installing a turn signal buzzer on my 2015 PCX thought sharing some pictures might make is easier for someone else. The wiring has the potential to be pretty simple. My choice was to use a bridge rectifier that I was able to purchase on Amazon. Nothing special, just make sure it can deal with the 12 volts and a few amps. My choice was flat over cylindrical as mounting would be straightforward. Used heavy duty double edge tape and silicone glue to attach to one of the scooters many control modules beneath the wind deflector cowling (two dots). I found it best to pull the right and left signal wires from the bundle coming directly out of the back/right side of the dash. The appropriate wires used on my 2015 were "white w/red line and white with blue line. You will have to carefully peel off some sheathing/tape to get space to make your splice. Makes no difference which color goes to which of the bridges outputs. The bridge rectifier takes power from the splice you made into the signal wires and transfers the power pulse to the buzzer to provide an audible beep/beep. The splice location is indicated by one red dot, the rectifier is marked by two red dots. The buzzer is mounted in the center of the handlebar mounting plate (green dot). To protect from water I cover with a thin piece of aluminium flashing. Still loud enough to hear. Hope this helps..ImageImageImage
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

maddiedog wrote:If you put a buzzer in parallel with each blinker, that would actually do the job easily and cheaply.
I wouldn't mind trying this as long as you don't have to tear down the front end. Changing the flasher to a buzz/flash unit would be a no brainer if one could find one to buy. You know there is room for improvement concerning this issue. Why don't one of you wise guys patent a vibration device into the signal control housing like our cell phones. Then when on vibrate we know without sounding like a putz at the intersection.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

One of the things I like about my Genuine Roughhouse is that the turn signals sound off with a loud "CLICKING" when they are used. . .it really does get the attention of pedestrians when you are at a traffic stop/light so that they know you may turning. I haven't researched what components they use but it does also remind one that they are on if you don't turn them off after making the turn.