PCX150 TRUNK - How to lock?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

jkautz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Metallic Black

PCX150 TRUNK - How to lock?

Post by jkautz »

This may be a stupid question. But I can't figure it out. I have a 2015 PCX150 with a trunk. I can latch the trunk shut, but when I try to "turn the key" to lock it, it won't actually turn all the way. It won't even let me take the key out until I unlatch it so the key hole can turn, then take the key out, then relatch it. But I can't get the dang thing to lock? Help?

2015 PCX150 Metallic Black
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Re: PCX150 TRUNK - How to lock?

Post by kcpcx »

Sounds like your lock either needs to be lubricated or it's not latching completely, hence the lock cylinder is not completely turned in the lock direction to release the key.

What kind of trunk or top case is it? I assume you mean a top case, not the luggage area under the seat.
'88 BMW R100RT
jkautz
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jkautz »

kcpcx wrote:Sounds like your lock either needs to be lubricated or it's not latching completely, hence the lock cylinder is not completely turned in the lock direction to release the key.

What kind of trunk or top case is it? I assume you mean a top case, not the luggage area under the seat.
It's the top case trunk they installed for me with the "one key cylinder". I will have to figure it out then, I latch it and I look underneath where the metal part should latch on, but it won't turn over all the way. It feels as though something is blocking it from turning all the way over. Then I'm forced to unlatch it so I can get my key out. It's really confusing me, maybe on my oil change today, I'll ask them what I'm doing wrong lol

Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by kcpcx »

Hard to troubleshoot it without seeing it in person. Have the guys at the place where you bought it fiddle with it. If they can't fix it, they should replace it if defective.
'88 BMW R100RT
jkautz
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jkautz »

kcpcx wrote:Hard to troubleshoot it without seeing it in person. Have the guys at the place where you bought it fiddle with it. If they can't fix it, they should replace it if defective.
They haven't checked it yet, looks like I'll just have to have them check it when I do maintenance today. But ill keep you posted on here on what the answer is

Regular User
Regular User

Post by jkautz »

I got it to work! I just pushed the tab in then turned the key. I guess the latch tab sticks out a little bit, but once I pushed it in and turned the key it locked finally! So the answer looks to be user error lol do you have to do the same thing with yours? Do you have one?

Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by kcpcx »

Nice. Glad to hear it.

I have this Givi top case:

http://www.amazon.com/Givi-Monolock-Tou ... B005LLQGHE

The latch is not of the best design, and it took me a while to get it figured out when you close the lid. Once you get the hang of it, no big deal. Even so, I wouldn't say the lock cylinder is top notch, but considering I got the case, mount, and LED taillight kit (worthless) for $70, I can't complain. It's better than what I paid for it, and a lot of the cases are pretty outrageously priced in my opinion.
'88 BMW R100RT
jkautz
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jkautz »

kcpcx wrote:Nice. Glad to hear it.

I have this Givi top case:

http://www.amazon.com/Givi-Monolock-Tou ... B005LLQGHE

The latch is not of the best design, and it took me a while to get it figured out when you close the lid. Once you get the hang of it, no big deal. Even so, I wouldn't say the lock cylinder is top notch, but considering I got the case, mount, and LED taillight kit (worthless) for $70, I can't complain. It's better than what I paid for it, and a lot of the cases are pretty outrageously priced in my opinion.
Good looking case! I would of looked into other cases, but the dealer actually through this one in for free for me. I was trying to get the best deal, but they weren't budging on price. So they said they'd throw it in for free and a free install. So I took it!

Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by kcpcx »

Hard to beat free.
'88 BMW R100RT