my pcx was hot wired

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

SmithBlue
Year: 2015
Color: nightstar black

Re: my pcx was hot wired

Post by SmithBlue »

OK dear pcxers :D ,
I managed to get to the ignition (why did i have to remove EVERYTHING ?) the ignition looks intact but the male part is gone so i think i will have to buy a 4p connector and plug the cables in it? anyone knows what exactly I need for this socket? i uploaded some new photos

thanks a lot!!
Attachments
IMG_20170917_182513294-1002x1336 (2).jpg
IMG_20170917_182513294-1002x1336 (2).jpg (252.46 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
IMG_20170917_182411536-1336x1002.jpg
IMG_20170917_182411536-1336x1002.jpg (262 KiB) Viewed 1452 times
Stainless
Color: Grey Forza 125

Post by Stainless »

I am in the London area of the UK and my 2015 Forza 125 was also stolen and hot wired, like you it was recovered by the police and I have it back now. The offside front panel had been ripped off to hot wire my Forza. There are also four wires that connected to the ignition switch but mine are different colours to those for the PCX. Mine has two red/blacks, one black/white and one green/red. When hot wired they were all twisted together and when I got my Forza back the battery was flat. The PCX wiring diagram shows four connections on the ignition switch, two make contacts. These connect the power supply from the battery to the bike circuits. The red/white is the main supply which one contact switches to the black/white, this in turn operates the main relay connecting power to the black wire to the other make contact of the ignition switch, this contact puts power on the brown wire which supplies other circuits on the scooter. Looking at the wiring diagram I would assume the first and third terminals from the left are the power supply wires, red/white and black, terminals two and four being the power supplies out, black/white and brown. It would be easy to check the switch with a meter or circuit tester.
With my Forza there are two red/blacks which I think both supply power to the ignition switch, I know the green/red supplies power to the ignition, lights, etc but I can't find out what the black white is for. I've tried to get a wiring diagram for my Forza but can't find one anywhere. My steering lock was forced which has damaged the ignition switch, I haven't managed to get the panels off to access the ignition switch. I will need a connector for the ignition switch wiring as it has been pulled off and cut off. Am I right in assuming that the push pin connectors have to be drilled out if they are not accessible.
SmithBlue
Color: nightstar black

Post by SmithBlue »

Hello,
If you notice at my photos the female part (that is attached to the ignition) is still there but the male was thrown away. I suspect that they pull it very hard so it is a matter of luck what part they will destroy. If you are unlucky they may have destroyed the whole ignition barrel. But again they may have just cut the wires with a knife so you will find the connector intact and the wires there. This would be very easy.
Patkin3484
Color: Gloss White

Post by Patkin3484 »

Have the guys who did this job any update on how they resolved it. My PCX (UK) was stolen 21st December and recovered boxing day. The scum had smashed the RH body panel and tore the wires out from the male plug but fortunately left it hanging on by the one black wire. however the internal pins are missing off the ends of the wires and only one of them remains in the plug.

I have bought and received a new ignition switch complete, the old one was smashed apart.

I now need to find a way to install new pins (the pins are actually female parts the ignition switch has 4 male terminals)

Anyone know if Maplin might be worth a visit?
Patkin3484
Color: Gloss White

Post by Patkin3484 »

Update: Bought all of the replacement panels from BirkerzBits in Thailand (highly recommended took about 2 weeks to arrive in UK, paid VAT and duty). Bought new Ignition switch from Thailand also, it was the illuminated version which I just ignored and left unconnected. I got new internal pins for the OEM plug so it all fitted as it should back into the new ignition. Because the steering lock had been forced, I also needed to buy a replacement steering stem which bolts onto the central steering spindle.

One issue was that the gloss white panels didn't match my UK model, whilst ordered in Pearl white, the replacements had a golden hue whilst the original have a silver one. Consequently I replaced all the panels for new and it looks fab.

If anyone needs advice on similar damages and panel removal, I am now your man.

Patkin3484 wrote:Have the guys who did this job any update on how they resolved it. My PCX (UK) was stolen 21st December and recovered boxing day. The scum had smashed the RH body panel and tore the wires out from the male plug but fortunately left it hanging on by the one black wire. however the internal pins are missing off the ends of the wires and only one of them remains in the plug.

I have bought and received a new ignition switch complete, the old one was smashed apart.

I now need to find a way to install new pins (the pins are actually female parts the ignition switch has 4 male terminals)

Anyone know if Maplin might be worth a visit?
raf186
Year: 2016
Color: Black

Post by raf186 »

SmithBlue wrote:Hello,
If you notice at my photos the female part (that is attached to the ignition) is still there but the male was thrown away. I suspect that they pull it very hard so it is a matter of luck what part they will destroy. If you are unlucky they may have destroyed the whole ignition barrel. But again they may have just cut the wires with a knife so you will find the connector intact and the wires there. This would be very easy.
Hi, any update regarding this issue? My PCX was hotwired as well and now I am looking for any help.