Measuring the oil level. The scooter is on the center stand.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Measuring the oil level. The scooter is on the center st

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes ^ see Page 66 in the 2015 PCX 150 Owner's Manual
Checking the Engine Oil:
#1 (of 6) "Park your scooter on its Center Stand on a firm, level surface"

;) But.....
If you can hold your scoot straight up on firm level ground, & check oil level at the same time,....okay.
If you can straddle the scoot and keep her straight up on firm level ground, and reach to check oil level,....okay.
If you've found another way (floor wheel chock or...) to keep your scoot straight up on firm level ground, to check yer oil level...okay :?

IMO, Owner's Manual says it best. Just easier. I like having the Center Stand (most times)...until it scrapes a speed bump (oops! My fault!) :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I use the center stand and trust it more than the side stand (don't like how the bike leans over so much). Only issue I have is it's all too easy to scrape the sides of the oil filler neck when removing the small plastic end bit. You can get a good measure of oil level but it's tricky to pull it out without touching the sides and contaminating the small area you are supposed to check by.
forza300
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by forza300 »

Whitenoise/Iceman, I'll follow the manual next time, thanks guys for correcting me. As a bonus it'll be far easier for me to check and replace the oil. Win Win !!!
------------------------