50/50 Tires for PCX?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gregsta
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: red

Re: 50/50 Tires for PCX?

Post by gregsta »

Alibally wrote:
gregsta wrote:
gn2 wrote:AFAIK the sizes are the same for all models of PCX
The size is the same for all brands.
Heidenau K66 100/90-14 RF TL 57P M/C
Heidenau K66 90/90-14 RF TL 52P M/C

Could you confirm these are the right spec before I order.
They're the right size. I haven't heard any reports on the make though. I believe they make winter tyres in that size as well.
Yes they do winter tyres as well, I hope they grip the road better than the ones Honda provided with the bike, as they are awful you hit a drain cover with them your going to start sliding hopefully these tyres stop that.
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gregsta »

Alibally wrote:
gregsta wrote:
gn2 wrote:AFAIK the sizes are the same for all models of PCX
The size is the same for all brands.
Heidenau K66 100/90-14 RF TL 57P M/C
Heidenau K66 90/90-14 RF TL 52P M/C

Could you confirm these are the right spec before I order.
They're the right size. I haven't heard any reports on the make though. I believe they make winter tyres in that size as well.
I cancel them tyres as there seems to be no reviews on them and order a pair of Michelin City grip tyres as people on here seem to say they are the best.
Looking forward to getting them.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gregsta wrote:

Yes they do winter tyres as well, I hope they grip the road better than the ones Honda provided with the bike, as they are awful you hit a drain cover with them your going to start sliding hopefully these tyres stop that.

I've never slid on a drain cover with the standard tyres.
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gregsta »

you you wrote:
gregsta wrote:

I have slid with the standard tyres loads of time you have been very lucky not to.
Everytime I have hit drain cover with the standards on theirs been a bit of sliding going on.
I have had worse happen I was out in the rain one day and I was using a honda psi and it swung half way round in the rain. This was a hire bike I was using whiles I was having insurance work done.
Them standard tyres that honda put on are awful they will even skid in dry weather not badly but they will skid slightly.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gregsta wrote:
you you wrote:
gregsta wrote:

I have slid with the standard tyres loads of time you have been very lucky not to.
Everytime I have hit drain cover with the standards on theirs been a bit of sliding going on.
I have had worse happen I was out in the rain one day and I was using a honda psi and it swung half way round in the rain. This was a hire bike I was using whiles I was having insurance work done.
Them standard tyres that honda put on are awful they will even skid in dry weather not badly but they will skid slightly.
Nope, nothing.

Could you be riding too fast for the conditions as it seems to be happening to you on other bikes other than the PCX?
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gregsta »

Could you be riding too fast for the conditions as it seems to be happening to you on other bikes other than the PCX?
LOL that did make me laugh, I was only pulling away from a garage when the honda PSI spun around on me in the poring rain . The other 2 time I can remember sliding on the pcx was on a roundabout i drove over a drain cover and I always go slowly around roundabouts as I do not trust these tyres and the other time I was in traffic I went straight over a drain cover and I started to slide and the other day I was only taken a corner at 30 the other day in dry conditions and it started to slide slightly there awful tyres. :(
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

I had stock tyres on my Honda Vison, they're as useful as plastic pram wheels in the wet, and on a drain cover, make that plastic pram wheels on a ice rink.

Get some Citygrips :)
aka DrewJW
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

DrewJW wrote:I had stock tyres on my Honda Vison, they're as useful as plastic pram wheels in the wet, and on a drain cover, make that plastic pram wheels on a ice rink.

Isn't a Honda vision a different bike to a Honda PCX?

And probably has different tyres?

I had a Honda vision, tyres were unremarkable.
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gregsta »

DrewJW wrote:I had stock tyres on my Honda Vison, they're as useful as plastic pram wheels in the wet, and on a drain cover, make that plastic pram wheels on a ice rink.

CityGrips already ordered earlier today. Should arrive on Monday along with my FABBRI - WINDSHIELD all will be fitted on Tuesday, should be a really wet and windy that day, it will be a good test when I ride my pcx home, hopefully am going to be able speed along with my new windshield fitted and not have to drop my speed down to 30 - 40 what really pisses drivers of when the speed limit is 60. If this does reslove the wind problem, I might take the dual carriage home I feel safer on them. I know some people say they are not suited for dual carriage I have not found that I really like taken the dual carriage way.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

you you wrote:

Isn't a Honda vision a different bike to a Honda PCX?

And probably has different tyres?

I had a Honda vision, tyres were unremarkable.
The point I was making Sir Pendantic, is that the stock tyres fitted are useless in the wet compared to Citygrips, this is a known occurance on both the Visions stock ditchfinders and the PCX's posher Dunlop Ditchfinders.

Now go ruffle GN2's feathers would you :lol:
aka DrewJW
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 PCX 125
Color: matt black

Post by wojtek_pl »

I'm using Heidenau K66 AllSeason tires and I cannot say a bad word about them. Done 2800 km and they are OK.
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wojtek_pl »

Here are the pictures after 2800 km :
Front:
Image Image

Rear:
Image Image Image
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gregsta »

I have taken some Photos of my Michelin City Grip Fitted, I feel a lot safer with them fitted and I can go round roundabouts a lot faster now and feel a lot safer doing it and am not holding other drivers up as am not crawling round them so slow anymore. So thumbs up for Michelin City Grip. 8)

wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wojtek_pl »

Are You positive about the rotation direction on the front tire?
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

wojtek_pl wrote:Are You positive about the rotation direction on the front tire?
Hmm, the arrow seems to be pointing in the direction of rotation.
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gregsta »

iceman wrote:
wojtek_pl wrote:Are You positive about the rotation direction on the front tire?
Hmm, the arrow seems to be pointing in the direction of rotation.
I have no idea as I got a garage to fit them. Is this incorrect?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi gregsta. Congrats on the new City Grips! :)
I think I see the arrow on the Front tire. It looks like it's mounted correctly from here. Go on out and take a look yourself at both front and rear. See the arrows? You want them pointing in the direction of (forward rolling-counterclockwise) rotation.

Hey! Be careful on those new tires. They need some scrubbing in or you may find yourself Still slipping round! Take care of you! ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gregsta »

I can see by the photo the arrow pointing forward rolling anti clockwise what means its going that way>>>>>> You mean the arrow should be pointing toward the seat if that makes sense.
gregsta
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gregsta »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hi gregsta. Congrats on the new City Grips! :)
I think I see the arrow on the Front tire. It looks like it's mounted correctly from here. Go on out and take a look yourself at both front and rear. See the arrows? You want them pointing in the direction of (forward rolling-counterclockwise) rotation.

Hey! Be careful on those new tires. They need some scrubbing in or you may find yourself Still slipping round! Take care of you! ;)
They have already done over a 100 miles I do 42 miles to work everyday and it was about 2 weeks ago I got them fitted. I have to say they are really nice tyres I can fly around roundabout now. Next upgrade will be a sports Exhausts‎ but that a long time coming yet got to save my Penney's yet.
Last edited by gregsta on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wojtek_pl »

If that is an arrow on the picture (bottom part of the tire, after "Michelin" and "front"), it is pointing correctly. But check for, perhaps, more direct mark on the tire (like "Rotation --->" )...
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125