New PCX150!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

mannyaguilar
Where - is - my - super - suit?
Year: 2015
Color: Black

New PCX150!

Post by mannyaguilar »

Hi:

Greetings from a newbie!

Last weekend I bought a new black 2015 Honda PCX150 (Elmhurst, IL, Chicago suburb). The scooter will replace Yamaha Vino 125 year 2009 that my son and myself use.

For me it will be my daily commute transportation (only 2.1 miles to the office) and for daily grocery shopping, dropping my daughter to cheer practice, etc. for my son it will serve as sporadic way of transportation within town.

I try to ride as much as possible but our weather doesn't allow me to do it as much as I would like (snow!).

I also have a Piaggio MP3 400cc that was using as a daily driver but I want to save on fuel (PCX150 = 100 MPG, I am tracking it to see how close to that I can get) and to save the MP3 from excessive use.

I also have a old Ural with sidecar (1996), currently at the shop. That one I like to ride with the wife and daughter and also when it gets colder and there is some snow, since you can fall driving it (but you can spin and crash of course)!

So far I love the PCX! THe only thing I am changing right away is the windshield (for a Givi D1136ST) since I am use to a tall windscreen on my Piaggio MP3 and it gets really chilly here in Chicago! I am adding a Givi top case (from the Yamaha Vino) and a Shad tunnel bag (I need lots of space).

Hoping to learn a lot on this forum.

Yours,

Manny Aguilar
Currently own: Black Honda PCX150 2015, Red Ural with sidecar 1996, Grey Piaggio MP3 400cc 2009.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: New PCX150!

Post by homie »

mannyaguilar wrote:I also have a old Ural with sidecar (1996), currently at the shop. That one I like to ride with the wife and daughter
Welcome Manny, Bolingbrook here... I think I saw you guys the other day and it brought to mind some old TV show memories somewhere between Hogans Hero's and Beverly Hillbilly's
Attachments
sidecar.jpg
sidecar.jpg (10.21 KiB) Viewed 3529 times
mannyaguilar

Post by mannyaguilar »

homie wrote:
mannyaguilar wrote:I also have a old Ural with sidecar (1996), currently at the shop. That one I like to ride with the wife and daughter
Welcome Manny, Bolingbrook here... I think I saw you guys the other day and it brought to mind some old TV show memories somewhere between Hogans Hero's and Beverly Hillbilly's
Hi homie! Thanks for the greeting. I am not familiar with Hogans Hero's (never watched the reruns, when it aired originally I was not born yet) but I remember the Hillbilly's, and I really hope we don't look like them when we are riding the Ural.
Currently own: Black Honda PCX150 2015, Red Ural with sidecar 1996, Grey Piaggio MP3 400cc 2009.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Oh we need to add you to the average age of a PCX owner poll 8) You are the young American scooter rider 8)

mannyaguilar

Post by mannyaguilar »

homie wrote:Oh we need to add you to the average age of a PCX owner poll 8) You are the young American scooter rider 8)

You have that on right. I am very young! 47 years young! ;)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:P Hi and Welcome to our forums!
So, it's Goodbye Vino...Hel-lo PCX! Sweet! You won't be sorry, you'll love it! It sure will be much lighter and more nimble than rolling your MP3 around...and like you said, great for a daily commuter.

About adding the D1136ST screen, I put one on my 2015 recently, rode with it and now I'm thinking of putting the stock back on. Why? I'm getting pushed around more from side winds, and vehicles going past me. I also hear wind noise in my Nolan N104 helmet that I never heard before. But what I really don't like? How dang Hot I get! It's a big difference! I'm wearing the same summer gear I always wear. Yeah all ATGATT. I am so much hotter with this Givi wall in front of me :|
I like feeling the air about me. A feeling of freedom. The bugs and thrown up debri? That's another story. It's NY though, No where near as bad as Florida!
Not swaying you away from trying it. I just thought I'd share. Oh and if it helps, I'm 5'5"...I see easily over the top lip of that Givi screen.
Cheers :P and Congrats!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

WhiteNoise wrote::P Hi and Welcome to our forums!
So, it's Goodbye Vino...Hel-lo PCX! Sweet! You won't be sorry, you'll love it! It sure will be much lighter and more nimble than rolling your MP3 around...and like you said, great for a daily commuter.

About adding the D1136ST screen, I put one on my 2015 recently, rode with it and now I'm thinking of putting the stock back on. Why? I'm getting pushed around more from side winds, and vehicles going past me. I also hear wind noise in my Nolan N104 helmet that I never hmeard before. But what I really don't like? How dang Hot I get! It's a big difference! I'm wearing the same summer gear I always wear. Yeah all ATGATT. I am so much hotter with this Givi wall in front of me :|
I like feeling the air about me. A feeling of freedom. The bugs and thrown up debri? That's another story. It's NY though, No where near as bad as Florida!
Not swaying you away from trying it. I just thought I'd share. Oh and if it helps, I'm 5'5"...I see easily over the top lip of that Givi screen.
Great info.....thanks
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Welcome! :D
mannyaguilar

Post by mannyaguilar »

WhiteNoise wrote::P Hi and Welcome to our forums!

About adding the D1136ST screen, I put one on my 2015 recently, rode with it and now I'm thinking of putting the stock back on. Why? I'm getting pushed around more from side winds, and vehicles going past me. I also hear wind noise in my Nolan N104 helmet that I never heard before. But what I really don't like? How dang Hot I get! It's a big difference! I'm wearing the same summer gear I always wear. Yeah all ATGATT. I am so much hotter with this Givi wall in front of me :|
Thanks for the advice White Noise. It arrived a little late since the windshield arrived Wednesday and I installed it yesterday. It is an improvement from the OEM but I still don't like it enough. I deflects the wind up to my neck only. Maybe I am just used to the large windshield on the MP3 and the weight of it allows me get to get away using it without being pushed around by side winds and cars. I have the Givi that is a 2 part design with the sliding part on top so you can make it taller or shorter (see picture).

I will try it for a bit but I am afraid I will return it or maybe use it for summer only.
Attachments
PCX Trunk Case (25).JPG
PCX Trunk Case (25).JPG (83.06 KiB) Viewed 3427 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

The Fabbri medium screen I had on my (sold) MP3 was a perfect height for me. Loved that screen!
Guess I'll give my new givi D1136ST a bit more time on WN (I'm disappointed so far). And, the tall givi would be too tall. Screens....they are a puzzlement!
"Go oem stock screen!!" ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Forgot to add my 3wheels :D See how my eyes just see over the screen? Perfect!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (48.16 KiB) Viewed 3418 times
mannyaguilar

Post by mannyaguilar »

WhiteNoise wrote:Forgot to add my 3wheels :D See how my eyes just see over the screen? Perfect!
Is that a 250cc or a 400cc? Looks like its grey but can't tell for sure. Do you have an Ural sidecar by chance? :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

2007 -250 - Azure (sky blue). Noooo Ural sidecar, funny :lol: Hey! one's for sale in North Carolina if you fancy that :lol: Check Modern Vespa Sale page. The MP3 was a lovely scoot to ride and that was enough power for me. Folks were looking for that color on the forum and oddly it was the only color my dealer carried. All Azure. I was lucky to get me one 8)
Scooterin Sherry
Color: Pearl

Post by Scooterin Sherry »

New rider! I just got my first PCX150 in June and have 300 miles on it already! I'm having a great time! A few questions...
1- I get pushed around as well. I thought it was because the bike and I are light. I did put on the taller Givi windshield. Should I try the stock windshield? I'm in Indiana with lots of fields...this seems to be when I get a lot of wind coming from various directions. Is there some advice you can offer to manage the sudden gusts?
2- I'm looking for side storage for my laptop and for trips. Any suggestions? I LOVE the hard cases I've seen overseas, but want to see one for myself before spending that kind of money.
3- Any riding groups in NW Indiana/ SW Michigan? I'd love to ride with an experienced group.
4- Any preference over safety courses? ABATE comes highly recommended, but it fills up quickly.
5- I can't have a rider for a while, but what has been your experience with having a rider?

That'll do for now. Love the forum!
Some people will never get it!
Nexxiss
Color: black

Post by Nexxiss »

Welcome newbie here as well Grandhaven mi
Just got the PCX150 2015 myself
Love
It