2015 PCX 150 Neat Seat

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Kriden
Year: 2015
Color: Pearl White

2015 PCX 150 Neat Seat

Post by Kriden »

Purchased 2015 PCX 150 in June. One of the best scooters I have ever owned. Not happy with the seat though. I understand it is different from the 2013 model, but after 30 min, it was not that comfortable. Took a chance on the a replacement seat from:
http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-selle-h ... 99930.html

$148.00 delivered (4 weeks). I gotta say, HUGE improvement over stock. I know everyone is different, but for me (6' 220lbs) this was perfect. Now when I ride, I can really enjoy the whole experience. No good vendors near me to recover. I wanted the main "seating" area to be back a bit and that "void" to be filled in with foam. Got lucky with what a got and very happy I took the chance. And no down time for scooter.

Really love the scooter and this is one of the better forums. Many thanks to all the members and for sharing all the info.

Be safe!
Attachments
Side.jpg
Side.jpg (179.97 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
Right r.jpg
Right r.jpg (149.28 KiB) Viewed 1836 times
Left l.jpg
Left l.jpg (70.31 KiB) Viewed 1836 times
2015 PCX 150, YSS Shocks (XL), NCY Roller Weights (20x15- 13 gram), NCY Vari (Item# NCY-1029) and NCY Face (#1200-1193), TyreBeads- motorcycle balancing beads
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: 2015 PCX 150 Neat Seat

Post by Mel46 »

I had a seat exactly like that on my 2013 model. It was great, but because I have had so many back surgeries I felt that I needed more support right at the base of my spine. I ordered a custom seat, built to my specifications . When it arrived I purchased a gel pad from Walmart. My wife sewed a cover for it and I strapped it to the seat, with part of it covering the area that curves up the back brace that is built into the seat. That gave my bottom some padding, plus my lower back.
If my back had been healthy, that seat you have would have been my last seat. It was very comfortable. I sold it to someone on this forum, so now they are enjoying it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150

Post by homie »

That PCX is looking very inviting with the new seat, how did it look underneath, I mean the hardware, steel and finish? Often I've thought to go that route but the stock one shows no sign of wear after 3000 miles and at 172 lbs. 5'9" seems to be satisfactory.
Kriden

Post by Kriden »

Thx guys.
Yeah you can talk engine mods, rollers and springs...but in the end, it all comes down to seat. @Mel46- I am glad to hear you were able to get yours sorted. Sorry that you have the back issues (my L4 lumbar says hello to your back) good going on your fix. @ homie- Besides congratulating you on the 5' 9" and 172 lbs that makes me want to walk/run everywhere now because I can't remember what 172 lbs feels like (and seriously, you couldn't say 175? You had to be very accurate? I am putting down the cupcake now). But seriously, the cushion and cover were/are new...but the seat pan is clearly used. But in my case in very good shape. There is tiny bit of rust in the very spot where the "loop" hits the latch, but nothing to be of concern. I will simply scotch-brite it off etc. The seal was something they clearly added, but it worked and was glued on nicely. I did remove it and reattached the stock rubber and also had to put the stock rubber stoppers on the replacement seat (it came with none). But all not a problem to do.

What WAS a problem and REALLY sucked was the fact that one of the thread posts "came loose" when I tried to remove the nut from the stock seat. Yes, for those of you tinkerers who are visualizing the ruined underwear that occurred when I realized there was no way that nut was coming off by any "standard" means, I was screwed. What should have taken literally 10 minutes to do, took me over 2 hours as I tried everything in my MacGyver arsenal to get that one friggin nut off. The only way to do it was for me to surgically enter the seat from the other side. Yes...the brand new seat that I hoped to keep/sell had to have the cover ripped and the foam removed so I could get at the post from the other side. Tried Dremel, modified hack saws, holy water...no room and I couldn't damage the plastic bracket that the seat bolted to etc. After some open crying, I was able to get to the area and had to hack off the post from under the square "top" to the bolt. The molding of the stock seat pan was not complete when it was built. I could see the plastic didn't completely fill the area in the mold during assembly. So as soon as the nut was torqued at the factory, the plastic cracked allowing the head to spin freely. But I digress...the replacement seat fit great, looks awesome and I have a story to tell my grandkids someday.

If you have issues/questions with your seat and you find yourself not having as much fun on the scoot after 30 minutes, consider an alternative.

The seat gel from Walmart (or anywhere) is a VERY good and inexpensive place to start. Worth looking into. Thanks for posting that Mel46.
2015 PCX 150, YSS Shocks (XL), NCY Roller Weights (20x15- 13 gram), NCY Vari (Item# NCY-1029) and NCY Face (#1200-1193), TyreBeads- motorcycle balancing beads
sqwalker
Year: 2015 PCX 150
Color: White

Post by sqwalker »

This seat looks nice. I've been contemplating if I should have the seat altered, but I thought my only alternative was to have the bump smoothed out like some have done on this forum. However, what I would like to do is perhaps have the bump moved back just one inch to give me a little more room (as I'm 6'2"). Did your seat bump get moved back - it's hard to tell?

Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll order this as well.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

Just another option that allows you to "push back" ......the system 7 from Bikerzbitz.....very comfortable:
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
sqwalker

Post by sqwalker »

Glen, I was thinking of going with that option as well. I sort of like the bump resting up against my lower back, but I can probably live without it. How does it feel? Do you miss the feel of the bump (for support)? How much was it (including shipping)? How long did it take for you to receive it? Was there any modifications you had to do in order to put the new seat on?

Thanks for your help.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

I don't miss the bump at all… You'll have to look on their site I think it was about $90 ....it took about 3 to 4 weeks to get and came in perfect shape ....and bolted on with the four bolts upfront- 5 min install...... I'm very happy with it. I also like the look because it's got a carbon fiber texture to it, matches a few other spots of carbon fiber on the bike.
Glen
Kriden

Post by Kriden »

sqwalker wrote:This seat looks nice. I've been contemplating if I should have the seat altered, but I thought my only alternative was to have the bump smoothed out like some have done on this forum. However, what I would like to do is perhaps have the bump moved back just one inch to give me a little more room (as I'm 6'2"). Did your seat bump get moved back - it's hard to tell?

Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll order this as well.

The seat plate is the same, they just "fill" in the space between the top and the lower part of the "valley", so yes, the bump was effectively pushed back and there feels like a bit more room.
Kriden

Post by Kriden »

Jge64 wrote:Just another option that allows you to "push back" ......the system 7 from Bikerzbitz.....very comfortable:
NICE looking ride Glen. Well done. Love the graphics. Good luck!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

I see at least 7 mods, addons & upgrades on the outside alone, including something shiny with the fuel lid :o , what else do you have going on with this cool looking scooter? I'm totally surprised you put with those stock mirrors ;)
Attachments
jge mods.jpg
jge mods.jpg (247.83 KiB) Viewed 1747 times
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

There are about 15 mods on this bike. Every mod on the bike is completely detailed in one thread here...and you are way ahead of me, I have 3 completely diff mirror sets on my workbench at home, I'll write them up later next week

My build thread
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Glen
sqwalker

Post by sqwalker »

Glen, I think I'm going to order that seat. Is that Seat 7 with white thread?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Jge64 wrote:There are about 15 mods on this bike. Every mod on the bike is completely detailed in one thread here...and you are way ahead of me, I have 3 completely diff mirror sets on my workbench at home, I'll write them up later next week
Oh yes i'm sorry I missed that, was out for a time I guess. That's some really aggressive stuff and you do carbon wrap which resulted in a huge black ball of crap when I tried it :lol: hats off to you... your skills and style are showing and representing you well in your scoot.

I like Kriden's saddle too but I don't want it built on a used frame if that's what's going on with the vender
Last edited by homie on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

sqwalker wrote:Glen, I think I'm going to order that seat. Is that Seat 7 with white thread?
Yes
Glen
sqwalker

Post by sqwalker »

While I'm at it, maybe I'll order the dipstick oil and tire caps as well. Just trying decide what color will look cool on the scooter. Heh, too many colors to choose from. Silver?
sqwalker

Post by sqwalker »

Never mind, the dipstick and caps were a little too pricy.