New member out here in Thailand. PCX150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

St.Clair
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black & Red

New member out here in Thailand. PCX150

Post by St.Clair »

Me and pcx150i Thailand
Me and pcx150i Thailand
image.jpg (252.56 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
Hello everybody. I am a new member to this site, living out in Hua Hin Thailand. Have owned many rides from big bikes to touring scooters like Burgman/Skywave 400. Have finally purchased a PCX150 as it fits all my needs here. Looking forward to doing some custom work on it this year. Look forward to seeing your rides and what you have done. Peace
Attachments
PCX150i Thailand
PCX150i Thailand
image.jpg (279.18 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.
Nikola Tesla
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Re: New member out here in Thailand. PCX150

Post by Oyabun »

Welcome to the forums, and enjoy your new ride.
St.Clair
Regular User
Regular User

Post by St.Clair »

Oyabun wrote:Welcome to the forums, and enjoy your new ride.

Thanks Oyabun. Already enjoying my new toy. Hundreds, if not thousands of these in my area. Looking forward to some long rides out.
I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.
Nikola Tesla
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

Welcome! Some pretty good people on this forum. LOVE that red/black livery, too.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I see two PCX's St.Clair. Double cheers and Welcome to our forum(s)!
Very nice scoot! You're lucky to get a dual colored bike. Here in the U.S. we get single solid color choices. Red, White, Black, and this year Gray.
It would be nice if Honda brought some Vibrant colors to the market. You must see Vibrant all the time where you live.
Cheers and have fun all four of you! (o:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
St.Clair
Regular User
Regular User

Post by St.Clair »

WhiteNoise wrote:I see two PCX's St.Clair. Double cheers and Welcome to our forum(s)!
Very nice scoot! You're lucky to get a dual colored bike. Here in the U.S. we get single solid color choices. Red, White, Black, and this year Gray.
It would be nice if Honda brought some Vibrant colors to the market. You must see Vibrant all the time where you live.
Thanks white noise.
There are lots of choices here in Thailand, this year we have the grey, white red, white matt and cherry red. They put gold wheels on some colours that don't seem to fit well though and I wish the matt grey was gloss. It looks a little dull compared to the others, would like to see someone clear coat it. I am actually from the UK originally (Cambridge country side) moved here this year selling my burgman 400. PCX was the best option out here for the traffic and one I chose for customizing as I will need to work for myself next year. Still breaking this one in and the brown and black one will be going today. If I could ride two at once I would but could never neglect a ride. Will try and do a video soon of some of the big car parks out here....sometimes there are 60 odd PCX's in a sea of 1000 flans and scoopi's. Thailand is like Mario kart for scooters but the obstacles are dogs and monkeys.lol
Nikola Tesla
St.Clair
Regular User
Regular User

Post by St.Clair »

j.d.b. wrote:Welcome! Some pretty good people on this forum. LOVE that red/black livery, too.
Thanks J.D.B.
Thanks for having me you lot.
Nikola Tesla
wangsuda
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by wangsuda »

Welcome fellow Thailand rider!
St.Clair
Regular User
Regular User

Post by St.Clair »

wangsuda wrote:Welcome fellow Thailand rider!
Thanks wangsuda. Are you already a member of pcx thailand. Will hopefully get to meet them all soon.
Nikola Tesla
wangsuda
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by wangsuda »

^Never heard of them, sorry.
Ben2talk
Color: Grey/black

Post by Ben2talk »

I picked up the grey - though I must admit the red catches my eye mostly. It's nice; I find the matt finish completely improves the perceived shape of the bike.

My only negative is the ride - taking my son to school I pass 72 speed bumps - it can't compare to a real bike taking it all in at 60km/h... so I'll be thinking about shocks, wheels, tyres and maybe seat foam. Meanwhile I take it at around 40-50 and try to do a slalom around the sides of the bumps, or just slow down to 20 for the shorter ones (they match the diameter of the wheel and give a hell of a jolt).

Meanwhile adjusting from 0 to 100km/h in first gear going up to the u-turn bridge with a comfortable cruise at 120 but power to blast 220km/h in the space the PCX takes to hit 80. The speed isn't as much of an issue as I feared. 80-90 cruising is fine. I feel slightly annoyed that the Honda Wave II here is about the same for speed, they could have squeezed just a tad more from the extra 25cc... or did the transmission waste that?

Can't complain - getting well over 300km for 200 baht (averaging 42 to 46km/l) means I never think about the cost of riding out even to spend 3 baht on some basil in the soi.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/bennn/389324]
big tommy
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Pearl white/red

Post by big tommy »

St.Clair wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:I see two PCX's St.Clair. Double cheers and Welcome to our forum(s)!
Thanks white noise.
There are lots of choices here in Thailand, this year we have the grey, white red, white matt and cherry red. They put gold wheels on some colours that don't seem to fit well though and I wish the matt grey was gloss. It looks a little dull compared to the others, would like to see someone clear coat it. I am actually from the UK originally (Cambridge country side) moved here this year selling my burgman 400. PCX was the best option out here for the traffic and one I chose for customizing as I will need to work for myself next year. Still breaking this one in and the brown and black one will be going today. If I could ride two at once I would but could never neglect a ride. Will try and do a video soon of some of the big car parks out here....sometimes there are 60 odd PCX's in a sea of 1000 flans and scoopi's. Thailand is like Mario kart for scooters but the obstacles are dogs and monkeys.lol

Hi Claire

Welcome to the forum...

I'm in Hua Hin too...

Just got a pearl white / red plastics one....
St.Clair
Regular User
Regular User

Post by St.Clair »

Hey Tommy. Hua Hin is a great place for a scooter ride.
So relaxed. My girlfriend has the filano...is nice most days to just go out and ride.
Nikola Tesla
big tommy
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Pearl white/red

Post by big tommy »

St.Clair wrote:Hey Tommy. Hua Hin is a great place for a scooter ride.
So relaxed. My girlfriend has the filano...is nice most days to just go out and ride.
Have sent you a pm....