Honda PCX 150 Overall Length and Height, and width

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Robert

Honda PCX 150 Overall Length and Height, and width

Post by Robert »

Hello. I am new to the Honda PCX forum. I hope to buy one of these scooters in the new few weeks. Would any of you happen to have the overall length, width, and height at handlebars of the PCX 150. I was wonder if it would fit in my Honda Element if I take the front passenger and rear seats out.

Thank you
Robert
calinaz

Re: Honda PCX 150 Overall Length and Height, and width

Post by calinaz »

I've got approximately 76" long (front of tire to tip of tail), 29" full width of the handlebars and 44" high at the top of the stock windscreen (which is just a little higher than the handlebars).

You wouldn't happen to be the same Robert that used to live in Tucson?
Before doing anything stupid, make sure there are no uninvited witnesses...
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hello.

I never lived in the Tucson area. The PCX just might fit in my Honda Element.

Thanks again for providing the dimensions.

Robert
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Robert! Please post back and let us know if it fits :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Robert

Post by Robert »

I was checking into the removal of the passenger seat today in my Honda Element. First off, the Honda Element forum had a post about removing the passenger seat. A couple things happen when you remove this seat and cause the Honda Element computer to receive an error code indicating a problem with the air bag electronics - this being caused when you disconnect the several wires underneath the passenger seat. It mentioned you can have the dealer reset the code, or you may be able to do it with your own OBD reader test unit. The procedure was to disconnect the battery, then disconnect the wires underneath the seat. then remove the seat. This will cause an air bag error code. After you put everything back, you need to have the error code reset. There was some talk that if you take it to the dealer it will cost about $150.oo to reset the cars computer. I basically chickened-out today and didn't remove the seat....and also because I didn't find a PCX in my price range to buy today. The PCX should fit in the Element, but removal of the seat is a major headache.

However, All of these puzzles are what makes life fun!

Robert
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow! Sounds so complicated. Resetting codes @ $150.00? Really? Then why would Anyone ever remove their seats for additional cargo space? Crazy. In the past I considered buying an Element, & I was under the impression that seat removal would be fairly easy.....Surprise, Surprise :| Say, by any chance, do you have a Shop service manual? Might help sort things out for you :roll: The PCX is a heck-of-a-fun scoot....I hope you can investigate this further to gather some promising results.
Just Tossing this out >> Ever look at the Ford Transit Connect? R o o m y :D (no, no, I do not work for Ford,....but I do like the Transit) ;)
Good luck Robert
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

Problem with getting my kymco super8 into the Element was the size of the rear hatch.
Back seats fold against the wall easily, I think it is the actual front seat that is difficult as it is on most newer cars.
I guess they don't make elements anymore. Shame, as they are super practical if you have have kids and dogs and like to camp and don't have a truck.not many cars you can climb in with the hose and spray mud off the floor.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Errrr. Why do you want to insert your scooter into your car?
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

It won't fit with front seat all the way forward :?
My ruckus fit in my Fit(without mirrors)...Should be a lot more room in a Element?
calinaz

Post by calinaz »

you you wrote:Errrr. Why do you want to insert your scooter into your car?
To take it for a ride.
Before doing anything stupid, make sure there are no uninvited witnesses...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

calinaz wrote:
you you wrote:Errrr. Why do you want to insert your scooter into your car?
To take it for a ride.

Drive if it's in the car?

Why no just ride it

I'm lost
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

This PCX that you want to get in the back of a van, is it about a size 14?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I'm inspired by this. I'm off to put a radio into a television. Hope it fits
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

^ ^ that ^ ^
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hello. Thanks for all of the feedback on this. I'm a new rider, well to a actual scooter. Most of my other rides even though I was 50 plus were minibikes, max 5hp Briggs. I did find a new PCX white 2011 125 in a neighboring town $2900.00, plus discounts on a riding hacket and helmet and gloves, was able to get everything with delivery to my front door for under $4,000.00. I wanted to put the PCX in my Element to avoid riding, not enough experience to ride it on the roads around here just yet, but looking forward to it. The Honda Element passenger seat is a real pain, lots of cables to unhook and the airbag alarm issue, what a burn. The back seats fold up to the sides real easy to even remove them. It works just find for small mini bikes, but the PCX requires the passenger seat to be removed.

Thanks
Robert
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Robert wrote:Hello. Thanks for all of the feedback on this. I'm a new rider, well to a actual scooter. Most of my other rides even though I was 50 plus were minibikes, max 5hp Briggs. I did find a new PCX white 2011 125 in a neighboring town $2900.00, plus discounts on a riding hacket and helmet and gloves, was able to get everything with delivery to my front door for under $4,000.00. I wanted to put the PCX in my Element to avoid riding, not enough experience to ride it on the roads around here just yet, but looking forward to it. The Honda Element passenger seat is a real pain, lots of cables to unhook and the airbag alarm issue, what a burn. The back seats fold up to the sides real easy to even remove them. It works just find for small mini bikes, but the PCX requires the passenger seat to be removed.

Thanks
Robert

Seems a lot of hassle. Why not just bite the bullet and get experience in short bursts whilst the roads are quiet?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I'm with you Robert. What a bother removing stuff and then awkward getting her in! Nah, not me. That could wreck a days mood. Depending on your "get to" destination (distance) you might consider something like this? http://www.trailerinabag.com
Ride in your chosen space, take your time, practice, build up your confidence, nothing wrong there. The bike ain't going anywhere without you (ahh....I hopes not :o ) Oh, and some protective gear is a ++

hey ya, you you....."You" reminded me of a combo TV I bought Mom back in the late 90's. A Panasonic with am/fm inside the box along with DVD player. For her convenience (sadly she never used the radio, :roll: always forgot what buttons to push). Too bad because the sound quality (all aspects) was surprisingly very good. Another electronic thing of the past.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:I'm with you Robert. What a bother removing stuff and then awkward getting her in! Nah, not me. That could wreck a days mood. Depending on your "get to" destination (distance) you might consider something like this? http://www.trailerinabag.com
Ride in your chosen space, take your time, practice, build up your confidence, nothing wrong there. The bike ain't going anywhere without you (ahh....I hopes not :o ) Oh, and some protective gear is a ++

hey ya, you you....."You" reminded me of a combo TV I bought Mom back in the late 90's. A Panasonic with am/fm inside the box along with DVD player. For her convenience (sadly she never used the radio, :roll: always forgot what buttons to push). Too bad because the sound quality (all aspects) was surprisingly very good. Another electronic thing of the past.
Bloody heck. Love you dearly Whitenoise but sometimes I don't know what you are on
Robert

Post by Robert »

Wow..trailer in a bag is definitely the answer, very cool. Thanks for the riding advice, I appreciate it.
Robert
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

you you wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:I'm with you Robert. What a bother removing stuff and then awkward getting her in! Nah, not me. That could wreck a days mood. Depending on your "get to" destination (distance) you might consider something like this? http://www.trailerinabag.com

Bloody heck. Love you dearly Whitenoise but sometimes I don't know what you are on
is this another 'bromance' happening before our eyes on this forum :oops: