New seat from "Powerbypcx.com

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

New seat from "Powerbypcx.com

Post by Slickvic »

I ordered a "Saddle type-1" with red stitching 12 days ago from Powerbypcx.com and it arrived today. Some of you guys have enlisted your local upholstery shop with good results but I was looking for something different.
When I saw this seat on their website I immediately thought that this is what the PCX seat should have been from the factory. Total cost shipped to Wisconsin was $172.
Some of you might gasp at that cost but I was not impressed with what the local re-upholsterers were offering here, so it was worth it to me.

The fabric looks woven, but it is actually a textured vinyl.

Feels good to sit on, even at the transition to the pillion area.

Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
calinaz

Re: New seat from "Powerbypcx.com

Post by calinaz »

Looks like money well spent. That's a nice looking seat! Very tempting...
Before doing anything stupid, make sure there are no uninvited witnesses...
jlhog
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jlhog »

I am trying to order a seat from Powerbypcx and am having a hard time navigating their web site. I can add the seat I want to my cart and when I try to check out via Pay pal that's about as far as I get. Click on Pay Pal and nothing. Also it keeps switching back to French which makes it tough. Any tips would be welcomed..
2013 Honda PCX 150
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

jlhog wrote:I am trying to order a seat from Powerbypcx and am having a hard time navigating their web site. I can add the seat I want to my cart and when I try to check out via Pay pal that's about as far as I get. Click on Pay Pal and nothing. Also it keeps switching back to French which makes it tough. Any tips would be welcomed..
What browser are you using? I use Google Chrome and had no problems keeping it all in English.
ranier

Post by ranier »

That seat looks nice! How long did it take to be delivered? Any customs fees?
jlhog
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jlhog »

Slickvic wrote:
jlhog wrote:I am trying to order a seat from Powerbypcx and am having a hard time navigating their web site. I can add the seat I want to my cart and when I try to check out via Pay pal that's about as far as I get. Click on Pay Pal and nothing. Also it keeps switching back to French which makes it tough. Any tips would be welcomed..
What browser are you using? I use Google Chrome and had no problems keeping it all in English.
Windows Explorer, I will try a different computer we have that has Chrome installed, Thanks
2013 Honda PCX 150
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

ranier wrote:That seat looks nice! How long did it take to be delivered? Any customs fees?
Delivery from Thailand after placing the order was 12 days. No customs fees. I just had to pick it up from the post office.
ozzy7007

Post by ozzy7007 »

One very important question about that good looking seat, I am looking for that type of seat as long as that nasty hard plastic mounting hump has been completely removed, as that thing will still bother my butt if is left in and just covered, if you have the time, could you please check under the seat to see if indeed the hump has been removed, if it were, that would be great. I will order one tomorrow. PS. I bought the Givi 323dt very tall screen, it was $167, I am 70 now and not so swift anymore and it only took me 45 minutes to install. Best money I spent in a long time.. Thank you in advance....Ozzy
ben
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ben »

Did mine myself and the result works but is weeeeell below this standard, worth it for the leg room tho. Going to Thailand in sept so im tempted to look for this shop and fill my hand luggage up with goodies! Think if you have a new bike its worth the cash but mines 2 years old so its not really money well spent.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I ordered my seat from powerbypcx quite a while back and had no problems. Here is the key: Select the item you want and add it to the cart. Once you do that it should take you to the check out screen. Before doing anything else, change the field named 'PAYS' to ETATS-UNIS if you are from the United States. Then fill in the rest of the address fields before clicking on PAYPAL. I can't explain why you have to do that, but that is what I had to do before I could get it to move into PayPal. From there on it worked like it was suppose to.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

ozzy7007 wrote:One very important question about that good looking seat, I am looking for that type of seat as long as that nasty hard plastic mounting hump has been completely removed.
Could you please check under the seat to see if indeed the hump has been removed, if it were, that would be great. I will order one tomorrow. PS
Yes Ozzy, the mounting hump has been removed. The seat is flat to sit on no matter how far you slide back.
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

I think it would be nice to have a photo for us to see from the underside of the new seat, too. Please.
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

^
Thanks a lot for the photo!
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
ozzy7007

Post by ozzy7007 »

SlickVic, thank you for the pics, and all the other info, the seat looks good on your PCX, I must have one of those, my PCX is also red, Thanks again, Ozzy
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Slick, (sounds corny) but it looks slick! Finishing touch...are those red stitches. Very nice (price not bad either). Quick delivery, Workmanship "looks" spot on too! (No, I did not count the staples....all 60 of them :lol: ) joking folks, I guessed. Okay, 59 :P
I have only one question & it always comes to my mind when I see customized seats. This: Do you slide forward during firmer stops? I do that a bit now on my 2011 stock seat & it gets annoying shifting my bum back in the pocket (? Huh, we have a pocket?) not to mention added lower back pain. So, please tell.....is your New vinyl a non-slip (More grippy than stock) or similar to stock? I'd appreciate knowing and thanks for the great pics and seat "underside" view.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

The only time I slip fwd on my humpless seat is if I stop at traffic light on a downhill slope. Only one spot on my commute this happens and its the same spot where an old timer rear ended my PCX. Because of the downslope I couldnt get off the bike to inspect damage but memorised his rego plate. As it turned out, the only damage was to my plastic tax disk holder which we now no longer need to display! Rear mudguard just flexed back into shape.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Taz I seem to recall your "bump in the bum" accident. 'Twas nothing much, thank above. So, You don't slide much :) that's a big plus! Marine vinyl? Texture or no texture?
One daily downslope, not bad but be wary ye ol timer he may travel your way again o_O Get behind him! :lol:
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

WhiteNoise wrote:
I have only one question & it always comes to my mind when I see customized seats. This: Do you slide forward during firmer stops? ....is your New vinyl a non-slip (More grippy than stock)

The textured vinyl actually helps to keep me in place, unlike the stock saddle. ;)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ahh, good news! Just what I wanted to read :) When ready, I will pull the trigger without hesitation.
Thank you.