Possible rear wheel issue?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Possible rear wheel issue?

Post by GeezyRider »

I was checking my tire pressure this morning before my ride and noticed a little side to side play in my rear wheel. Is this normal for the PCX?

If this was my bicycle, I would pull the rear wheel, inspect the bearings and races for damage then clean and repack the bearings and adjust them properly. What say you all PCXperts?

Don

PS: My PCX only has 400 miles on it.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Possible rear wheel issue?

Post by gn2 »

If it's still under warranty take it to the dealer and have them inspect it.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

Yeah, I know that's the right thing to do. It's really a bummer though because we are in the midst of the best riding weather we have seen all spring. :(

On the other hand I just installed a Givi 322 windscreen and the first ride on Monday was great. But every day since then the bike has been handling a little squirrelly. It has been rather windy and I thought wind was catching the larger windscreen. But, maybe the rear wheel is causing the handling issues.

I'm sure my dealer can get the rear wheel squared away then I'll know if I need to go back to my stock windscreen.

Don
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

I spoke with my dealer this morning about this. He and one of his techs were able to do the same thing with a new PCX on the floor. You really have to grab a handful of tire and press pretty hard to detect any movement and they say this is normal. They did offer to take a look at it so I might ride the bike there one day next week just to totally ease my mind.

Don
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

GeezyRider wrote:I spoke with my dealer this morning about this. He and one of his techs were able to do the same thing with a new PCX on the floor. You really have to grab a handful of tire and press pretty hard to detect any movement and they say this is normal. They did offer to take a look at it so I might ride the bike there one day next week just to totally ease my mind.

Don

Hey Don, that's how the rear wheel on my new PCX feels as well as my old '86 Elite 250 which now has 16,000 miles on it.
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Don, How many miles have you clocked on the PCX?
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

Taz wrote:Don, How many miles have you clocked on the PCX?
Taz, I only have 400 miles on it.

Don
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

ok so its due for its first service soon, so get the dealer to fix!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

GeezyRider wrote:I spoke with my dealer this morning about this. He and one of his techs were able to do the same thing with a new PCX on the floor. You really have to grab a handful of tire and press pretty hard to detect any movement and they say this is normal. They did offer to take a look at it so I might ride the bike there one day next week just to totally ease my mind.

Don
Bless them, they are really trying their best with you.