PCX150 Wheel tape

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

PCX150 Wheel tape

Post by Jhois1 »

Hi guys - Great forum. I have had a lot of fun reading and viewing all the posts. I am not sure if some of you will think this is overkill, but I like the added color that the wheel tape provides on the Black PCX150. I just added it today and was wondering if anyone else has gone this route? And if so, does it last?
Attachments
Yellow wheel tape
Yellow wheel tape
image.jpg (173.67 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Re: PCX150 Wheel tape

Post by Jhois1 »

Adding another pic...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (468.77 KiB) Viewed 1278 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (425.94 KiB) Viewed 1278 times
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

I like it! Where did you get your rim tape?

Don
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

I purchased from Amazon. The description was:

1 "12 to 15 inch Motorcycle, Scooter, Car & Truck Wheel Rim Stripes"
$8.99

It was shipped right away and was received in good shape. I did get enough so if I would have made an error, I could redo with the couple extra strips they gave me.

I do like how it turned out, but only rode up the street and back after 24 hours of dry time. No issues.
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

Thanks! I'll have to check out the color selection to see what would look best with my red PCX.

I would imagine as long as you clean the rims with a mild soap and no scrub brush that tape should hold up pretty well. If not, at that price you could replace it every year or so.

Don
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

I agree Don. They did have several colors, if I remember correctly...even RED

I followed the instructions straight. I used the "wet" application style, as it was pretty easy. I started off by cleaning with alcohol. Dried well with soft lint free cloth, then used a "windex" style sprayer filled with warm water and dish soap to keep the strips moist to allow for adjustments on the fly when applying. I went fairly slow and worked an inch at a time, keeping the rim moist but working out the bubbles or voids in the sides. Dried well very carefully, dabbing with cloth and/or paper towel until dry. Made sure bubbles were gone and let dry for 24 hours.

I will tell you I thought the strips were not going to work right for the 14" rims as the strip radius was smaller. I even thought they must have sent the wrong size at first (it does state 12" - 15" size rims). However, once you start, and keep wet, it is easily adjustable to the 14" size.

Good luck if you go this route and take some pics if you do. I think the red would look good!
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

BTW - I used the 3/8" wide strips. I think it is the right size for our rims. You can purchase all the way down to an 1/8" and up to a 1/2" I believe.
tildarama1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tildarama1 »

Hi,

I am looking at adding some white/reflective wheel rim tape/stickers to my white pcx.

I am looking at the official Honda wheel rim stickers (which say that they are silver). Does anyone have any pics of these on a pcx?

What other types of wheel rim tape is good stuff? And how wide/what size does it need to be?

Anyone seen any rainbow/multicoloured tape anywhere?

THANK YOU

Also, Jhois1 is your tape reflective? And what was the make/brand (was it vehicleart)?
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

I just ordered the 1/4 inch tape from Amazon and I'm pretty sure it is Vehicleart (same description & images as on Vehicleart web site).

Don