New PCX top speed???

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: New PCX top speed???

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:
Pcxdemon wrote:which-craft video proof
You mean like a video where the speedo indicates 118kph which is proof of being able to do 127kph...?
Nope,title says 0-120 not top speed,but in description mentions top speed,however since im recording with handheld device i find it just a bit too risky and dangerous to go on to the highway and risk my and everyone else's well being to satisfy few sceptics. I dont see a point of claiming something to be untrue,i gain nothing out of it and there are plenty other Pcx that have recorded those speeds so its not impossible to imagine.
The fact is you are like Salmon (fish),you will always go against the current no matter what evidence is there,you will never change your ignorant way of thinking and just like a Salmon you would rather die pushing your way up stream.... :roll:
We dont need to convince you , your opinion is irrelevant and not important and your stamp of approval is not needed.
This is big forum with lots of topics and threads, you dont have to be a lid fit all pots and have your say/opinion on ALL subjects, well at least not on modding ones anyway...you kind of ruining this forum with the sameeeeee tune over and over again.

Maybe Maddie should look at the overall picture of this forum (his baby) and see that its straight and serves All its members without causing conflicts in matter of same ignorant opinions constantly.

I dont know,maybe im wrong,maybe youre just a nice bloke and i just need a cup of coufie as it just after 8am here :roll: :? :)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Turning it back at you, would you not consider that you are just doing the same as me, only with a different viewpoint?
I don't doubt for a minute that given enough investment a PCX could be made to do a genuine 80mph, but I have yet to see conclusive proof of it having been done and I don't believe that the investment would be worthwhile.
End of the day, you do what you want with yours and I'll do what I want with mine. :)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Turning it back at you, would you not consider that you are just doing the same as me, only with a different viewpoint?
I don't doubt for a minute that given enough investment a PCX could be made to do a genuine 80mph, but I have yet to see conclusive proof of it having been done and I don't believe that the investment would be worthwhile.
End of the day, you do what you want with yours and I'll do what I want with mine. :)
59 mph :D
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Forty two.
(not miles per hour, just forty-two)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:Turning it back at you, would you not consider that you are just doing the same as me, only with a different viewpoint?
Not really,i dont push my view in subjects and topics where i have no interest,experience or knowledge and if i do there will be no negativity,condescending,ignorant,incite full,inflammatory and discouraging posts unlike some of yours that have already ended up in the dungeon locked tread (drama and bull..). However, im not saying that you dont have knowledge and experience of sorts,but modifying the Pcx you got none and thats fine but most people dont need to hear your unhelpful views on those topics. Ill keep modding mine and share the knowledge from it to whom it is concerned in this forum and those that come looking for help on those subjects.
There is an old proverb that says "if you got nothing good to say than say nothing at all" and "silence is worth of gold" aaand "let the others be".... :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Forty two.
(not miles per hour, just forty-two)

You could be the forum Deep Thought....
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Pcxdemon wrote:i dont push my view in subjects and topics where i have no interest,experience or knowledge
Neither do I.
jasontheparamedic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jasontheparamedic »

If anyone claims that there PCX can go xx number of mph/kph per hour with xx mods, please post video. Ultimately, this more or less led to the nasty arguments because Corsport never coughed up a video of their PCX125 going 69mph a year ago that they claimed to be the gospel, plus controversy about the J Costa variator. We don't need those arguments here, please!!!! I have posted my video as an example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68tWyjJbHEE

Nothing fancy, right to the point of J costa vs stock variator. Even though GN2 plays the grumpy old man around here, he does have a point about so many mods being done that it becomes a waste of money.

http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=626

Heck, I bought a used Silverwing a month ago for $3000 that makes all discussions about top speed on the PCX pointless. :lol:
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

jasontheparamedic wrote:Heck, I bought a used Silverwing a month ago for $3000 that makes all discussions about top speed on the PCX pointless.
What kind of fuel economy do you get with your Silverwing? How heavy is it to yank in and out of the garage?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

jasontheparamedic wrote:Even though GN2 plays the grumpy old man around here, he does have a point about so many mods being done that it becomes a waste of money.

http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=626

Heck, I bought a used Silverwing a month ago for $3000 that makes all discussions about top speed on the PCX pointless. :lol:
Spot-on.
jasontheparamedic
Regular User
Regular User

@ Sendler

The Silverwing is quite heavy. Pray you don't drop it or have to do an abrupt stop. It gets about 50mpg which is not too bag given that it is a 600, and that the Burgman 650 is worse on weight and fuel economy.

All told, it is a blast to ride about and not have to worry about keeping up with traffic on large highways.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

jasontheparamedic wrote:@ Sendler

The Silverwing is quite heavy. Pray you don't drop it or have to do an abrupt stop. It gets about 50mpg which is not too bag given that it is a 600, and that the Burgman 650 is worse on weight and fuel economy.

All told, it is a blast to ride about and not have to worry about keeping up with traffic on large highways.

My car does over 50mpg
jasontheparamedic
Regular User
Regular User

Here in the USA the federal government is just now getting around to mandating higher fuel economy standards, much to big oil's dismay (as well as the politicians in their pockets). So 50mpg for us is a dream only realized by uber expensive economy cars, one example known as the Prius.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

qed wrote:My car does over 50mpg
So does mine but it won't filter through traffic like a scooter can and is significantly harder to find a parking space for.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
So does mine but it won't filter through traffic like a scooter can and is significantly harder to find a parking space for.
No traffic on the way to work and I have my own parking space

Not to mention a heater and a roof
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

You've got a heater and a roof at your work?
Me too :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:You've got a heater and a roof at your work?
Me too :lol:

:D fork off
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

My car still gets 57 mpgUS (2001 Honda Insight with 205k miles). It used to get 63. I'm not real impressed with 45 mpgUS motorcycles. I get spoiled with 95 mpgUS from the PCX and the CBR250R. It shifts your paradigm and makes my car seem kind of expensive to fill. Plus, I get to ride instead of drive. Recreation and transportation at the same time.
ItsaHonda
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ItsaHonda »

My Burgman 650 gets between 45-50 mpg depending on if I cruise at an average 55 mph or 75-80, mixed average comes out to around 47 mpg. My Accord gets around 32-34 on the highway and 26 or so in the city... so the Burgman is definitely more efficient, but I didn't buy it for it's gas mileage. I'm sure there are cars that can beat the Burgman's fuel economy, but they are far slower and aren't nearly as much fun. Ditto for the silverwing.

I don't know what the top speed is on it...it's fairly north of 100 mph, so I'll likely never find out. As for the PCX, IMO, It's got more than enough pep and top speed in stock form to ride on the roads which I intended to ride it on.
Alex
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650
2011 Honda PCX 125
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

sendler2112 wrote:
My car still gets 57 mpgUS (2001 Honda Insight with 205k miles). It used to get 63. I'm not real impressed with 45 mpgUS motorcycles. I get spoiled with 95 mpgUS from the PCX and the CBR250R. It shifts your paradigm and makes my car seem kind of expensive to fill. Plus, I get to ride instead of drive. Recreation and transportation at the same time.
63 USMPG from a car that is incredible.