Brake lights in top box

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Brake lights in top box

Post by djcat »

Hello, did anybody try to fit brake lights in their top box? There is a gap and a space that seems to be made for fitting some sort of light in the middle of the red plastic.
PCX-rider
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Brake lights in top box

Post by PCX-rider »

djcat wrote:Hello, did anybody try to fit brake lights in their top box? There is a gap and a space that seems to be made for fitting some sort of light in the middle of the red plastic.
Take a look at this one: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67 :D
djcat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by djcat »

Yep, something like that what I meant - just a little brighter. Do you know how easy it is? I imagine it to be not too difficult but I am wondering if I have to drill through the box, which I'd like to avoid.
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Teamtd11 »

My topbox (givi E370) has the option to fit a light kit. Its a little pricey but is designed to fit correctly in the topbox. I got it because more visibility is always a good thing.
djcat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by djcat »

There are some really great modifications some people do but I don't want to be drilling around through my topbox. That Factory kit for givi looks pretty good and I want to see if it fits in my Honda one, especially if the light assembly fits in my box' lens. If you have that one, can you see the width and the height of it? Appreciate it!

Thanks,

Daniel
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

Off topic but maybe of interest to you. Take a look at the Triumph clothing website. They do a jacket and a vest which have LED lighting built in - white on the front, red on the back. ;)
figurehead71
Regular User
Regular User

Post by figurehead71 »

I have just bought a secondhand Kappa K35, cleaned it all up, degreased the mechanism and both the baseplate and the lock mechanism are manufactured by Givi...would not surprise me if the whole units are.

Anyway, the same as the Givi cases with the "fake" brake reflector/tail lights. By unscrewing them you will find there is a crap piece of white plastic underneath.

I have just ordered from Ebay some white reflective tape which not only will I use on the topbox for extra visibility at night, but also cut up and stick over the shaped white plastic underneath each of the reflectors to provide proper reflectivity.
djcat
Regular User
Regular User

Post by djcat »

figurehead71 wrote:I have just bought a secondhand Kappa K35, cleaned it all up, degreased the mechanism and both the baseplate and the lock mechanism are manufactured by Givi...would not surprise me if the whole units are.

Anyway, the same as the Givi cases with the "fake" brake reflector/tail lights. By unscrewing them you will find there is a crap piece of white plastic underneath.

I have just ordered from Ebay some white reflective tape which not only will I use on the topbox for extra visibility at night, but also cut up and stick over the shaped white plastic underneath each of the reflectors to provide proper reflectivity.
Good idea of use of that space, that way I don't have to drill any holes in the top box, or put a battery powered bicycle light in there :-D