2014 Honda PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ChesneyHawkes

Re: 2014 Honda PCX

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

gn2 wrote:But how does your salary compare to average earnings in Thailand?
2nd sentence of my previous post.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

HGB Motorcycles (Ruislip, London) just advised they have two new models arriving this week, one of which is a white one - they class these as 2015 models! I just need to get my locks and jacket sorted before I get the bike :)
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

As to service manuals, two dealers have quoted, and emailed me 'Honda don’t do service books any more as it’s all done on line via our dealer extranet portal but all the basic service info is in the handbook'. Not sure this is %100 and it may only be the UK, but I had hoped to get a service manual for the new model.
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

Any one with PDF owners manual for 2014 already ? I've found only in Italian language. Otherwise where is new model made ?
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

ChesneyHawkes wrote:
What about it?
You make no mention of what average earnings are in Thailand.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

Ton1984 wrote:Just pre-ordered new 2014 model pcx125 in grey color with honda Chiswick London :D They say will arrive on the end of the month. Paid over 400 pound deposit. C U on the road ;)

Hiya,

I went to chiswick too but they didnt give me any discount so went to another dealer.

Did you manage to get any deal out of them.

Saurabh
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

Saurabhdutt wrote:
Ton1984 wrote:Just pre-ordered new 2014 model pcx125 in grey color with honda Chiswick London :D They say will arrive on the end of the month. Paid over 400 pound deposit. C U on the road ;)

Hiya,

I went to chiswick too but they didnt give me any discount so went to another dealer.

Did you manage to get any deal out of them.

Saurabh
So I see you paid the list price. Still a good deal. Have happy miles and see you on road sometime.
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

Ordered mine on 1st April in matt grey however changed the colour to White and its being delivered at the dealer on Thursday. Might pick up on Saturday. Will share few pictures once I pick it up.

Saurabh
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

gn2 wrote:
ChesneyHawkes wrote:
What about it?
You make no mention of what average earnings are in Thailand.
If I was on a local salary it'd come to about three months pay.

Sorry that wasn't clear, I was stating this to be an average local person's salary, which balances out with you in Blighty. Thing is, for something like an iPhone costs in Thailand are similar when compared to UK so I wasn't expecting a huge gap of £1000. We're talking about almost a 40% increase. I can't see how that's justified for you guys.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

It's not - we're ripped off in the UK for everything, the new 2014 PCX is much cheaper in Europe than it is here (euro price posted on this forum some weeks back). The same as something being $200, and when it was $1.5 to the £, we paid £200! There is supposed to be competition, but with bikes/scooters it seems it's a fixed 'recommended retail price' and no difference anywhere, at least in Honda land. Still, nothing we can do, and several dealers I asked said no movement on price at all, so £2,700 it is.
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

iceman wrote:It's not - we're ripped off in the UK for everything, the new 2014 PCX is much cheaper in Europe than it is here (euro price posted on this forum some weeks back). The same as something being $200, and when it was $1.5 to the £, we paid £200! There is supposed to be competition, but with bikes/scooters it seems it's a fixed 'recommended retail price' and no difference anywhere, at least in Honda land. Still, nothing we can do, and several dealers I asked said no movement on price at all, so £2,700 it is.

There is always a scope of little negotiation. I was getting no from every dealer too as it wasn't even launched. However I shopped around and got £300 off. So I paid £2400 for the new 2014 PCX. Mind it this is the cash deal I am talking about...
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Saurabhdutt wrote:
iceman wrote:It's not - we're ripped off in the UK for everything, the new 2014 PCX is much cheaper in Europe than it is here (euro price posted on this forum some weeks back). The same as something being $200, and when it was $1.5 to the £, we paid £200! There is supposed to be competition, but with bikes/scooters it seems it's a fixed 'recommended retail price' and no difference anywhere, at least in Honda land. Still, nothing we can do, and several dealers I asked said no movement on price at all, so £2,700 it is.
There is always a scope of little negotiation. I was getting no from every dealer too as it wasn't even launched. However I shopped around and got £300 off. So I paid £2400 for the new 2014 PCX. Mind it this is the cash deal I am talking about...
That's good going, their margin must be much higher than many of us thought it they can knock that amount off - it is the new led style one? One of the few main Honda dealers quoted me the '2015' model for the new style, which is very strange. I've only found a few Honda scooter main dealers in North London - at Ruislip and Chiswick.
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

iceman wrote:
Saurabhdutt wrote:
That's good going, their margin must be much higher than many of us thought it they can knock that amount off - it is the new led style one? One of the few main Honda dealers quoted me the '2015' model for the new style, which is very strange. I've only found a few Honda scooter main dealers in North London - at Ruislip and Chiswick.
Yes its the new LED, 12V, face lift, bigger tank etc. Some dealers are calling it 2014 and some 2015. But its definately the brand new model.

In and around london the competetion is very tight hence higher target. I had two quotes from Farnham Honda and Grafton Motors in Milton Keynes. In the end I bought it from Grafton. I bought mine CBR500 from them too and they are really good. Moreover, they will deliver it for free.

What else can you ask for.

Saurabh