Bars and front wheel out of alignment

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

jaws1975

Bars and front wheel out of alignment

Post by jaws1975 »

My son took a slow speed crash on his 2013 pcx. Road rash to the plastics are a straightfoward fix, but the problem is the handlebars are no longer straight when the front wheel is straight. The bike runs down the road fine, no noises etc, but the bars are turned to the right when going straight. The bars are not bent. The wheel is not bent. The spill didnt seem hard enough to bend the forks or the triple clamps. Can the the steering stem have moved where the bars are? , like a bicycle? and be adjusted back? Yes, I tried to hold the front wheel and gorilla the bars straight like a bicycle but it wouldnt move. I also tried to turn the steering all the way to the steering stop and crank the bars to center but didn't work. Any ideas on self repair? Thanks
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Re: Bars and front wheel out of alignment

Post by dasshreddar »

welcome,
sorry your out of luck your bars and or "stem" are bent. :(
jaws1975

Re: Bars and front wheel out of alignment

Post by jaws1975 »

Well, I tried loosening the four triple tree bolts and twisting the bars straight. Wouldn't move. The bike is now at honda being assessed. With minimal body damage, my son now admits he hit a curb and then fell, so now I may be looking at bent forks. With 400 miles on this thing, it will have to be fixed and I will bite the bullet. Thanks.