Hear Ye, Hear Ye....Decision Made!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: Hear Ye, Hear Ye....Decision Made!

Post by iceman »

Nice! Can you remind me what the brake lock is all about on US versions - what it's purpose supposed to be?
Still trying to find a dealer who will sell me a service manual - not sure if there is a 125 version or just the US 2013/5 version, or UK dealers are just not interested other than 'bring it in to us'. Helminc won't budge from the $220 inc shipping to UK - ridiculous as others such as Ebay ship the older manuals to the UK for less than $10, but $10-20 is realistic.
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

Sure is purdy. Purdy. PURDY! Glad to see that you are making the dayglo green fashion statement as well. I desperately wish all riders would do so, for we older drivers have nowhere near the visual acuity of our younger peers. It may by my fault when I hit you, but you're still really, really DEAD. Help me help you.

WN, I could be mistaken but there appears to be a tiny bit of rust developing already in the seat hinge in the 7th image. I would push some grease in there just to be OCD since it probably would be a high-ferrous metal.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Minty fresh white.
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Congrats on the new(er) PCX.

I've sold my 2013 model and take delivery of my '2015' next month - also in white.

Health to enjoy! :D
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

How FANCY, even the kick stand spring has a cover. :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) So cool! Forgot to mention during the "lightshow" section of this thread, that the Dash Looks Totally Awesome while riding! It's got this full perimeter "Glow" to it....like, like the day glo wands you'd wave at a concert. The DashBoard Light Ring! I Dig It!!
Oh, this bike just keeps getting better and better & >> :P

SO, My Take: If yer sitting on the fence about buying one....just fall the hell off! and get on line to buy one!
The 2015 Rocks!! I'd even pay top dollar knowing what I know now ;)
Hmm...now how did I overlook that? What I paid? :roll: Too much excitement, I'm guessin'!!

On The Long Island: My Total Out The Door, Cash On The Table, with All "that other stuff" Included Was...... $4,050.00
After paying the Big Bucks, I smiled and Screamed, "She's Mine, All Mine!!" :D

>>Good catch Das! I noticed that right away too. Honda's keeping it neat and purdy. Hiding the uglies
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

@ member st3v4nt, No need to be confused any longer, the USA 2015 PCX 150esp crankcase is stamped 153.
Show those that are doubtful this! 8) Yeah, we be Cool! 8)
Attachments
2015 PCX 150 Crankcase stamped 153.JPG
2015 PCX 150 Crankcase stamped 153.JPG (79.27 KiB) Viewed 2040 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Catch up time

> iceman, the brake lock? Similar to the hand brake or foot brake in yer car. Only the PCX "brake lock" is moody. Works on some and others not. Haven't tried it on the 2015 yet. Example: If I parked my scoot on a somewhat steep incline, I'd be wanting to use the Brake Lock to keep the scoot from rolling away (esp. if a good wind came along).
Sorry still about the Svc. Manual, you're certainly are having a time with Helm Inc. What to do next? :roll:

> Trib, Whoa....you mentioned possible rust and I flew out to the garage, popped the seat, grabbed my penlight and took an up close and personal look. The hinge had some dust on it that I wiped off.
Believe this! > The hinge is a goldish color, somewhat like brass (but not). Wonder what metal it is? :roll: I will spray that with ACF50 too. Then grease?
So you like the Neon color clothing! Cool. Me too. I believe it can save lives. What about a helmet mohawk? Seriously. Ya think?

> Ali, I just felt a chill :P "Minty Fresh White" it has a ring to it.
Different, but how's this: "Polar Express" White with a Hint (pause)...of Mint :D (Hey, it's 12:23pm here and I'm getting a bit daffy) :lol:

> Fizzy, Marvelous! Congrats on selling the 2013! You won't be sorry. How exciting next month...a 2015! 8) 8)
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by pcxpower »

That WHITE pcx looks incredible!!!! Thank you very much for all the pics that you have taken, and is really strange to see a "brake lock" in USA models, as European ones come without one... o_O

Enjoy the new bike! :D :D :D :D :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

The white PCX is cool looking.:D Also like the photo with the hi-viz jacket. Like how you ride! ;)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks!! Coming from you Steph? You're looking outstandingly Visible yourself! ;)

Guess what? I just ordered me a Hi-Vis Yellow Nolan N-104 modular lid yesterday! Me?? A modular?
Yep! Why?

1st reason, I'm having a heck of a time drinking water with my FF on. I had rigged up a drinking vessel (what's wrong with saying bottle? :roll: ) with long straw coming out of it for my previous 2011 PCX. I fastened it to the open gas door and sat the vessel inside on top of gas cap. I could then pull over and stick the straw up under my chin with my FF on. It worked fine. I hate pulling lid on/off!
Well...That rig is not working for me now. The 2015's gas door swings the opposite way of the 2011 making it impossible for me to get the bottle secure upright. Oh,... it just won't work anymore. Arg!
So, now I will get some kind of bar mount drink holder or ....... Something.

2nd, same reason :lol: kinda. With the modular helmet I won't need a water rig. Flip up, drink, flip down, move on. Never did this, tried to avoid a modular. Not as safe, I'm so aware of that! I will switch on/off wearing my Shoei FF and this Modular.

3rd and last, There is a Big Sale on the N-104's. Both compacc.com and motorcyclegear.com are having sales. The Hi-Vis comes in orange or yellow and you pay a few more dollars for it. I actually wanted the White (as usual), but my size at both websites were out! I waited too long and the White moved fast!

Outcome: New lid, new color, new flip operation. Never had a sunshade either. Kind of excited :P
All about Being Seen Folks! Cheers and Happy Weekend!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Been looking around for H2O carrier and found something I think will suit my needs. In fact, I will order one today. Take a look http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VA ... PDKIKX0DER

Useful & in Lots of Color Choices! 8)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (41.48 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (13.86 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (40.96 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Holy Smokers!! Guess what I discovered today? This! o_O What a pleasant surprise :P You're looking at a 16.9 oz. bottle of Water folks. It slides All the way in the glove box, does not interfere with the power outlet and, you can close the door!! AND There's Still Room! 8) Everyday, something new to discover :D
Attachments
16.9 oz. water .5785.JPG
16.9 oz. water .5785.JPG (69.74 KiB) Viewed 1967 times
16.9 oz. water bottle in GloveBox .5788.JPG
16.9 oz. water bottle in GloveBox .5788.JPG (57.58 KiB) Viewed 1967 times
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

WhiteNoise,
Bet there's wings on that baby somewhere - keep looking!
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

@ WhiteNoise- I'm gonna have to check out the Hi-viz Nolan flip up. Even though I just got my new full face not long ago. HI-Viz is the way to go. I'm glad you're using it! :D
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

WhiteNoise wrote:Holy Smokers!! Guess what I discovered today? This! o_O What a pleasant surprise :P You're looking at a 16.9 oz. bottle of Water folks. It slides All the way in the glove box, does not interfere with the power outlet and, you can close the door!! AND There's Still Room! 8) Everyday, something new to discover :D
Great find!! It's great that Honda has increased the capacity of the glovebox in the new model! :D :D :D :D :D

By the way: If you use a "sport cap bottle" (or however they are named in the States), something like that:

You know, the ones that open with a flip of a finger, you would not need to use both hands to open/close the bottle ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Steph, if you're going to pull the trigger, here's where I just ordered mine (after searching, I found their price was the best!) http://www.compacc.com/p/nolan-n104-hi-vis-solid-helmet
In hi-vis Yellow or Orange. Shopping is fun, ain't it? :D

pcxpower, Yes! So excited about new cubby! Thanks for the reminder about the sport bottle cap. Yes, we do have them here. I buy water by the case, & they do Not come with sport caps on the 16.9 oz. size. However you can buy their single larger bottle with a sports cap, but That size bottle will Not fit in the G.Box!
And...get this! the larger bottles sport cap, will Not Fit their/my smaller 16.9 oz bottle. Tricky little smart manufacturer devils :| Not a big deal :P I can work it all out. Cheers! :P
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

;) ;) ;) You have everything under control! :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Trib ya know, I wouldn't be surprised. Not one bit. Hey! Honda does have wings! I need to get a set...stick 'em on and fly :D (note to self: must buy and hang little guardian bell to watch over me ;) on the fly!)
Kudo's to Honda this round. Hmm...wait. Still need to get the seat and suspension sorted. Also bring on the ABS brakes and "necessary" accessories with delegated mounting points. Then......Perfecto (umm...I think? :lol:)
I spent my Saturday afternoon cleaning every nook and cranny on WN prepping her for an ATF50 treatment. But...me back hurts just from step 1. Shite! A table about a foot off the ground to roll her up on would help...big time! ;)

So Trib......what's happening? 2015 found or ordered yet? I bet it'll be White & have wings too! :) Bring on the good news already.............I'm waiting! 8)
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

;) Right now I own two other scooters, and my wife would like I to sell one of them before purchasing the PCX, so I will wait a couple or three weeks before getting the Honda (if I can't sell the other scooter by the end of the month, I will buy the new one anyway! 8) )

I think that Honda has done a really good job with this scooter: I liked the concept of the original PCX, but I wasn't in love with it... now things have changed and the new one is superb! The design, LED lights, mileage, improved start stop feature (outside of the USA), etc is top notch!

Before owning one, I would like it to have a rear disk brake, ABS, and a little higher speed, but I understand that having so many additional features would mean a higher price, and they would not sell as many as they do today...

I can't wait to have my PCX! :P
2015 Honda PCX 125