Leaving suspension as is

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Leaving suspension as is

Post by homie »

LOL jetpilot... resurrecting this 2011 post is like ghost whispering. Haven't heard from these folks in a while, wait FISH owned PCX and swapped it for the 4Z.... wow
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

homie wrote:wait FISH owned PCX and swapped it for the 4Z.... wow
Nope, that's Fiah, not Fish.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

Zombie post
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

Jge64 wrote:Well I disagree completely. I'm 240 pounds, that may have something to do with it , but stock shocks on my PCX were terrible, and after owning many hondas, I've often felt at least the rears are not very good. So I bought a set of YSS Z Shocks which were about 130 bucks shipped to me and the difference is pretty substantial. Especially for exactly what I wanted ,which was better performance over speedbump's and railroad tracks. I felt the difference immediately. A year later, I still think they feel good.
Hi Jge64,

I have to agree, in your case, new shocks might be needed, as I dont think Honda planned on 240 pound riders on a 150 CC scooter, with just a couple inches of travel, I could see it easily bottoming out. At 160 pounds, a bit lighter than average, the stock shocks on my SH150i, and my other bikes are perfect. I tried a new PCX 150 over some speed bumps also, no problem at all. I liked the PCX150, but am going to get a Forza.

Mike
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

I'm keeping mine in it's stock suspension. I'm only 143 pounds and I even haven't felt it hits bottom when my wife is riding as a passenger (total of 265 pounds).
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by riding@100mpg »

when i first bought my 2015 pcx150 i thought the rear was a little stiff. now that i'm up over 2000 miles,either i am used to it,or the shocks have loosened up. seems to be fine now. i was out for a 4 hour trip yesterday and seemed fine. i originally purchased mine for very short trips but as i road it more,it grew on me. now my other 7 motorcycles look at me funny as they stay in the garage. the pcx will dazzle you in little ways. sometimes that's good enough. remember,they don't cost much to begin with and offer great fuel mileage
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

JetPilot wrote:
Jge64 wrote:Well I disagree completely. I'm 240 pounds, that may have something to do with it , but stock shocks on my PCX were terrible, and after owning many hondas, I've often felt at least the rears are not very good. So I bought a set of YSS Z Shocks which were about 130 bucks shipped to me and the difference is pretty substantial. Especially for exactly what I wanted ,which was better performance over speedbump's and railroad tracks. I felt the difference immediately. A year later, I still think they feel good.
Hi Jge64,

I have to agree, in your case, new shocks might be needed, as I dont think Honda planned on 240 pound riders on a 150 CC scooter, with just a couple inches of travel, I could see it easily bottoming out. At 160 pounds, a bit lighter than average, the stock shocks on my SH150i, and my other bikes are perfect. I tried a new PCX 150 over some speed bumps also, no problem at all. I liked the PCX150, but am going to get a Forza.

Mike
Hey Mike, even at 240 they never bottomed out, but what It did do is it they don't recover as fast as a good shock so therefore once you go over a speedbump or railroad tracks they still tend to oscillate a bit before they settle down. A shock with good dampening and preload doesn't do that.and 240 for a single person is more than equal to you and a passenger so the stock 150 should handle 240 easily.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

riding@100mpg wrote: i originally purchased mine for very short trips but as i road it more,it grew on me. now my other 7 motorcycles look at me funny as they stay in the garage. the pcx will dazzle you in little ways. sometimes that's good enough. remember,they don't cost much to begin with and offer great fuel mileage
Hi Riding @100mpg,

I have a bunch of other motorcycles just like you. I am planning from the beginning for longer trips, that is how I ride, usually an 8 hour day on the bike. I am going to get the Forza, I want something that is faster when needed, and ABS brakes are an absolute requirement. I hate traffic that is constantly trying to kill me, so I will not be riding a scooter around town much if at all....

Mike