how much is my 2013 pcx worth?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

how much is my 2013 pcx worth?

Post by eggman »

it has like 10,000 miles on it it has new drive belt and new Pirelli tires and new clutch bearing. so how much is it worth now?
eggman
Regular User
Regular User

Re: how much is my 2013 pcx worth?

Post by eggman »

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Something is worth only what others are willing to pay for it. The value of a bike or scooter goes down in the winter, since few ride during that time. Ask again in the spring and you may get a better answer.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

The market value will vary depending on location and desirability in your area. Timing also makes a difference as Mel has pointed out, for current market values, I usually check kelly blue book. I then look at the trade in and retail values and go about 2/3 of the way between the two, edging toward the retail value. It's not exact, but it's the measure I've seen to be pretty close to on par in this neck of the woods.

She do look pretty though.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
eggman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by eggman »

thank you bothi thought about selling her for $1800. then get something a tad bigger I took her on the highway today north of atl and I was scared lol.
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

I have a hard time when it comes to understanding the concept of resale value when it applies to a vehicle
for instance bought a 1963 VW van in 1971 for $600 - travelled for 18 months through the US Mexico and Canada
and then sold it to a buddy for $180 who travelled across Canada in it
did I get my $600 dollars worth-you bet
and my buddy his $180 worth -you bet
I guess what I'm trying to say is that a vehicle most times is not an investment but something to use until you use it up and if there is still life in the bucket of bolts pass it on
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

eggman wrote:thank you bothi thought about selling her for $1800. then get something a tad bigger I took her on the highway today north of atl and I was scared lol.
Taking a 150cc scooter on the highway is like racing a Prius. You can do it, sure, but it's not what it was designed for and it's not likely to be a lot of fun. On the other hand, the PCX is the most highway capable 150 I've ever ridden, though it's only barely so.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
eggman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by eggman »

I kinda new it was a bad idea but I wanted to see how fast it could go. had to go to the second exit because some one got in my way on first exit.then a course had to drive back
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

No doubt
life on the road is all about size and horsepower
lots of entitled silver spooned goofy people driving larger vehicles on the highways without a clue
at least you're wiser for experiencing what it is like to be small
you've probably learned how to be a lot better driver
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I ride my PCX 150 all over and the only place I find daunting is the freeway. The PCX was NOT meant for freeway riding. It can, though, be used on the back roads. The first thing I did on mine was to put a tall windshield on. It made riding so much more comfortable. I also changed the seat, since the seat on the 2013 is a pain in the butt, literally.
Here is a picture of my PCX 150, same year as yours. Which would you feel better riding? My point is that what you have done to your little bike is to bring it back to base value. If you only bought it to resell it, you may end up losing money. Why not enjoy it while you have it? I have taken mine to the mountains with very little effort, as long as I did not get on the freeways. It can be a fun bike.
20160615_153310-1.jpg
20160615_153310-1.jpg (500.38 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Mel46 wrote:I ride my PCX 150 all over and the only place I find daunting is the freeway. The PCX was NOT meant for freeway riding. It can, though, be used on the back roads. The first thing I did on mine was to put a tall windshield on. It made riding so much more comfortable. I also changed the seat, since the seat on the 2013 is a pain in the butt, literally.
Here is a picture of my PCX 150, same year as yours. Which would you feel better riding? My point is that what you have done to your little bike is to bring it back to base value. If you only bought it to resell it, you may end up losing money. Why not enjoy it while you have it? I have taken mine to the mountains with very little effort, as long as I did not get on the freeways. It can be a fun bike.
Exactly. See, here's the thing. things like tires, belts, chains, brakes, and other wear and tear items, can detract from the value of the vehicle if they are in bad shape, but they add nothing to the value if they are in good condition. It's a sad reality with vehicles. That base price figures in the value of wear items in good condition. If you have all those ducks in a row, you can be better positioned to get near the high end of market value, but you're not actually adding value, if that makes sense.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

eggman wrote:I kinda new it was a bad idea but I wanted to see how fast it could go. had to go to the second exit because some one got in my way on first exit.then a course had to drive back
Eggman,

10,000 Miles and NOW you take it on the highway to see how fast it can go ? Seeing how fast a new bike can go is something I always do the first time I ride it :lol:

Mike
Last edited by JetPilot on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

Mel46 wrote:I ride my PCX 150 all over and the only place I find daunting is the freeway. The PCX was NOT meant for freeway riding. It can, though, be used on the back roads. The first thing I did on mine was to put a tall windshield on. It made riding so much more comfortable.
OMG !!!

That is the tallest windscreen I have ever seen on anything o_O What is your top speed, did that slow it down ?? That looks like it would be great on the highway, but I would think that would stop so much air it would be a problem with a full face helmet at city speeds. How is it in the city ?

Mike
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

My bike is great. The tall windshield causes the wind to go around me instead of hitting me. On the freeway it is subject to crosswinds, just like larger bikes are, except this little bike is really light. Essentially, it CAN be taken on the freeway, but it really isn't meant to. We have taken them on the freeway for one to two exits and they kept up with traffic. Mine tops out at 64 mph, while my wife's tops out at 75 mph, because I changed the variator and weight on hers. I only changed the weights on mine, so it is quick off the line. I set it up for the back roads though, not the freeways. In the city it is ideal. I can turn it into an alley at a moment's notice, parking is easy, and it is set up with enough lights that people notice it, which is what I wanted. The horn is an air horn, so I wake up a lot of sleepy drivers.
Here is a side picture, with my spare gas can attached.
20160519_141443.jpg
20160519_141443.jpg (169.43 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

eggman
Regular User
Regular User