What seat do you have?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Kaiesha

What seat do you have?

Post by Kaiesha »

Hi guys, newbie here. Pick up my new white PCX on Saturday, I know white has got a lot of haters on here but to me it reminds me of the original iPod, more like an Apple iPCX.

The only issue have have with it is the damn seat, I see so many complaints about it, I'm 6' and it seemed a little cramped for me, so a bit of research later led me to powerbypcx.com. They have quite a selection but just looking for a bit of advice really.

Which seats do you guys have, which is the most comfortable to go for, or have you stuck with the originals?

Pics and links to other sites would be handy seeing as I'm just starting.

Cheers guys.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: What seat do you have?

Post by gn2 »

Hi and welcome.
Everyone with any sense knows that white is by far the best colour and not at all like any yucky Apple product.
Mine is completely standard save for a handlebar mounted clock, have had it nearly two years, done 11,000 miles and don't really notice the hump anymore.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
mad trapper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mad trapper »

Same here. Hated the hump at first, now after just about 150 miles it doesnt bother me either.
Kaiesha

Post by Kaiesha »

Guess I'll give it a go with the standard seat then before I spend £150 swapping it. Cheers guys
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

same...... im 6ft give it a few days and leave it alone and save yer money :-)
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Rather than buy a seat, just take off old seat and take it to a auto or marine trim shop (that redo car or boat seats) and get them to mod it. Basically chop out plastic lumps, fill in hole thats left and recover in waterproof vinyl. Cost me <70 quid and 1/2 day without the seat and the seat is more comfortable than the replacement seats I tried in singapore that are still designed for smaller people even without the hump. The bloke told me it took about 1 hour to do. Or you can do it yourself and there is a thread here on how to do that.

DSCF6382 by TazPCX, on Flickr

DSCF6573 by TazPCX, on Flickr
Kaiesha

Post by Kaiesha »

Looks very smart
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

I quite like the hump. If it wasn't there I might worry that I would whoosh off the back of the scooter if I went over a speed bump or something.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I hold onto the handlebars when I ride, which stops me moving around :D
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

The hump's grown on me too.

Not too many people have aftermarket seats, I've only seen one US PCX with an aftermarket seat on the forums. I have seen 3 "humpectomies" like what Taz did though. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

Well, funnily enough I hold onto the handlebars too - but there's one speedbump I go over that really lifts me off the seat! I slow down for it but it's one of those full length, unavoidable ones and it's really bumpy at any speed. I find the hump quite comfy though anyway :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I have a Seat Ibiza
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

In a local Florida Powersports parking lot this PCX was being sold. Infact it was one of two being sold (a white and red). Both had their seats transformed into this: (and yes, I sat...sooo bad o_O
Attachments
You Like??
You Like??
pcx custom seat FL 2012.jpg (81.17 KiB) Viewed 8920 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Kaiesha

Post by Kaiesha »

Picked up the bike at 4 pm, must say its ace, couldn't really give it the beans with it being spanking, told to keep it under 50 for the first 500, erm.........ok! Nudged it up to 60 and it felt really stable, and just to crush my fears I find the seat really comfortable.

Only done 30 miles and can't wait to jump back on it. Tank was half full but hat soon dropped to 1/4, but then the ride home is all fast national speed limit roads. Fill up cost £6.04 from 1/4 full.

I'm sure the mpg will have it bit of a boost when she's run in and had her first 500 mile service.

Up to now though, tiz all rosey!
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Hi!

I have a seat question: I just got my PCX, have about 500 miles on her so far. I'm a long experienced rider (47 years) and have mostly ridden bigger machines: Last 14 years were on a Honda Valkyrie, 1,530cc.

I am loving the PVX as a quiet, fun ride, except for the seat. I find it hard and get a sore bottom after 30 minutes. I'm slim built and don't have much "natural padding" down there. Is it me? Have other's encountered this and found a way to resolve? I'm thinking about getting one of those gel pads that clips on over the seat. I know it will look ugly, but I want to rider longer without squirming from discomfort.

Any suggestions?

Steve in New Jersey
geri

Post by geri »

SteveG wrote:... Last 14 years were on a Honda Valkyrie, 1,530cc...
1,530cc....blimey! that's more than 12 PCXs put together...

How tall are you, Steve? Is it the "hump" that makes it uncomfortable or do you just find the seat too hard? I'm quite tall so i'm a bit concerned about comfort with the hump... but i'm only getting my PCX tomorrow, so i havent any suggestions yet..
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Geri,

I'm a little over six feet tall. I took the hump off for a while but ended up re-installing it. The comfortable part of the seat is in front of the hump. So even with it off, I found it was inevitable to sit in the original spot.

I have not had trouble fitting my legs. It's the hardness of the seat that's getting to me. I had a custom saddle made for my Valkyrie including a back rest that went up 9 inches. That was some good comfort! I'm trying to not miss the back rest too much. :roll:

Here is me with my ole' girl: http://www.angelfire.com/nj3/terminalva ... steve.html

Steve
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Wow, nice Valkyrie. Looks sharp.

I'm of similar build to you, but a bit shorter. I got used to the seat, but after a few hundred miles, it still is rough on my butt. If you're looking for comfort, I'd have it reupholstered. You could also put down a foam pad or some sheepskin to give a bit more of a buffer. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
geri

Post by geri »

Wow, Steve, that is one beautiful beast...! The seat looks so comy too...I'll doubt you'll be able to match that on the pcx. But I'm curious what ideas you might come up with. I'd like to do some longer trips in the bike so might look into modding the seat as well in the future. For now, I find it good enough for my usual short rides

Some of the custom seats on the powerbypcx site seem to have pretty good back rests separating the front and back seat, but I don't know if anyone ever got one of those?
FritzPinguin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Post by FritzPinguin »

I love the seat like in my posting at http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=396, gives me hours of comfortable sitting on the ride. Good for a 6 footer like I am :D
Bike history: Germany: Staiger 50cc 2-stroke, BMW 250 (from 1952, my age), Honda Dax ST70, Honda CB 125 (Twin), Honda CB 750, Kawa Z400j
Thailand: Kawa Zephyr 400, Honda Wave 110 S, Kawa ZX130, PCX 150 (as far as I can remember)