What did I do to my PCX150!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

duive01
Regular User
Regular User

What did I do to my PCX150!

Post by duive01 »

After the first 1000km for first service I took it for a 8000km spin trought The Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France and Spain to Gibraltar (GB) and back again. When home for a few weeks I went for a one week 2300km trip through Germany, Czech Republik and Poland.

I've put my photos on Picasa for anyone who's interested.
The Gibraltar photos are commented in English, the other series is in Dutch (sorry).

https://picasaweb.google.com/1030573846 ... directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/1030573846 ... directlink

Hope you like it!

Gr Edwin
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: What did I do to my PCX150!

Post by WhiteNoise »

Like It? LOVE IT!
Fabulous!! You're a lucky man traveling roads and countryside that are only in my dreams! Tell me, how frightening was it encountering all those Big animals along your paths? They would've spooked me o_O Did you approach them slowly and then add more throttle? I'm thrilled you shared your venture with us! Well done...Gorgeous photo's and You look very happy! Cheers Gr Edwin :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
DixiePaddler

Post by DixiePaddler »

Fantastic photos!

How long did each trip take?
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Like It? LOVE IT!
Fabulous!! You're a lucky man traveling roads and countryside that are only in my dreams! Tell me, how frightening was it encountering all those Big animals along your paths? They would've spooked me o_O Did you approach them slowly and then add more throttle? I'm thrilled you shared your venture with us! Well done...Gorgeous photo's and You look very happy! Cheers Gr Edwin :P
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I approached them carefully, certainly after seeing a woman getting pushed aside by one of those 'big ones'. But luckily they went slowly aside for me.
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

DixiePaddler wrote:Fantastic photos!

How long did each trip take?
The first trip took me 32 days. I did 10 days from The Netherlands (Hoogeveen) to Benidorm in Spain. There I stayed 4 days with my family. Then I went for 4 days to Gibraltar/Tarifa. After that 5 days with my family in Benidorm. And then 9 days back home.

The second trip was 7 days.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Wow, AMAZING pictures! That must have been so much fun.

It's a dream of mine to take a trip through West Europe and the Mediterranean by scooter, but sadly, my work schedule won't let me do that for the forseeable future.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
DixiePaddler

Post by DixiePaddler »

maddiedog wrote:Wow, AMAZING pictures! That must have been so much fun.

It's a dream of mine to take a trip through West Europe and the Mediterranean by scooter, but sadly, my work schedule won't let me do that for the forseeable future.
Ditto for me, especially Sweden and England (take advantage of relatives providing a bunk). Another dream trip would be through southern Colorado and northern New Mexico!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Yep, fantastic photos! Did the PCX behave itself? Love the red colour though that can send bulls crazy :)
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Brilliant trips and great photos showing the true beauty of the places you passed. Have been to many of the towns and cities you show but not by bike. Some truly amazing roads which i can safely say has made everyone jealous! Watched the slideshows over my morning coffee :)
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Nice long trip. Minimal touring at it's best. You wore out the seat of your pants! Beautiful.
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

Doing that is one of my dreams. I'd love to do the Med coast too.

Lovely. And sunshine too :D
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

maddiedog wrote:Wow, AMAZING pictures! That must have been so much fun.

The Mediterranean is very nice and not only for it's climate. And a little tip...change your work schedule. :D
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

DixiePaddler wrote: Ditto for me, especially Sweden and England (take advantage of relatives providing a bunk). Another dream trip would be through southern Colorado and northern New Mexico!
I have some plans for the future, maybe next year:
1. Calais-Dover, then to the southwest of England (Land End?), Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland (John O'Groats?) and then back to Dover again.
2. Germany Putgarden-Rodby Denmark Kobenhavn, Helsingor, Helsingborg Sweden, all the way up north to Oslo Norway, west to Bergen, south and east to Kristiansand, Hirtshals Denmark, Hamburg/Bremen Germany, Holland

Both are not yet planned in detail but I think very much worth it. The only problem I have with these countries is the weather, just as cold and unpredictable as here in Holland. But I think next year I will do at least one of the two.
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

Taz wrote:Yep, fantastic photos! Did the PCX behave itself? Love the red colour though that can send bulls crazy :)
The PCX rode like a dream. It also did very well in the mountains, I've been up to 2400m and was constantly obstructed by cars on that road. Ofcourse you don't have the power of a big motorcycle but to me that was no problem at all.

I never tought of the red color in combination with the bulls...funny
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

TC3 wrote:Brilliant trips and great photos showing the true beauty of the places you passed. Have been to many of the towns and cities you show but not by bike. Some truly amazing roads which i can safely say has made everyone jealous! Watched the slideshows over my morning coffee :)
Thanks TC3. It's nice to tour a big city by scooter. The only problem I have is that I don't leave my scooter on a parking with all my soft luggage on it. So I couldn't really go in the Louvre or Eiffeltower. Next time I will camp just outside the city and visit it without my luggage.
duive01
Regular User
Regular User

Post by duive01 »

sendler2112 wrote:Nice long trip. Minimal touring at it's best. You wore out the seat of your pants! Beautiful.
Yes, luckily it was such nice weather I could ride in my short pants that day after and then I bought some new.
lactic

Post by lactic »

WOW! You clearly have a great eye for a great picture, some of your shots are simply stunning 8)

You've reminded me how little I've used my camera over the last couple of years, really must get back into it, not that any of mine are a patch on yours mind you.
Image Image
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

Great pictures, I really enjoyed looking through them while having a morning coffee. Just one minor gripe - not all of the pictures have info on the location. As with TV's Tour de France coverage, I like to follow the progress on a map to see whereabouts the action is. But thank you all the same for taking the time to post photos of your journey.

Bill
Image[/URL
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Great pics. I think I could tell which of those pics were taken in Spain. Those with the yellowish environment are typical from the south and mainland during the hot season. My advice, head north next time ;) .
djcat
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Black

Post by djcat »

Wow! Well impressed with your journey, seems like the little scooter is not only good to go to the shops and back :) Can you tell us a little about the equipment you used? I can see a Louis Bag and some mods for the handlebars. How comfortable was it? Which gear did you have and how many tyres did you go through?

Great pictures, too! My mind is working overtime planning a PCX tour now, seems like I will not have to fork out on a big bike after all (says me who likes to save a few quid).

Cheerio!