New Owner

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

RedBaron

New Owner

Post by RedBaron »

Finally got my 2017 version today

It rides like a dream

Happy to report Michelin citygrip come as standard plus service intervals are every 4000.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: New Owner

Post by you you »

RedBaron wrote:Finally got my 2017 version today

It rides like a dream

Happy to report Michelin citygrip come as standard plus service intervals are every 4000.

Excellent. Pictures?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Super! Enjoy!
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

RedBaron wrote:Happy to report Michelin citygrip come as standard plus service intervals are every 4000.
Congratulations! I know you are happy
Mich's come stock? SWEET!
what do you mean when you say "plus service intervals are every 4000"
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

Service intervals after the initial 600 miles are now at 4000,8000,1200 and every 4000 afterwards.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Wow. . .good for you. . .definitely grin material. :)

So you say the "City Grips" come stock now? 2017 right? You didn't ask to have them put on as part of the deal?

Also is maintenance every 4000 Km or miles? Or what service is it you are referring to.

I'm in the market for a new one later this summer and inquiring minds would like to know.

I've got to get over to my local Honda dealer. I know they've posted that they have "white" 2017's in stock. I'd like to see what stock tires are on the ones they have. If it's a standard thing now that would be totally awesome.

The last time I was in there was in 2016. . .got chain wax for my motorcycle.
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

I didn't ask for any upgraded tyres.

Maintenance/service interval in Miles!!!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

AHhhhhhh yes. . .as they say good things come to those who wait.

I'm totally psyched. I've got to wait about 6 more months to get mine. Haven't ordered one yet. Hoping to get a deal on a leftover 2107 if the 2018's are out by then.

Thanks for the info and if you get a chance to share any pics that would be appreciated. . .
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

I timed it just right.

Just got the 2017 with all of the above plus you can now carry 10kg in the under seat storage, I'm sure it was only 5kg before and just before the price went up by £100
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

Wonder what changed so much that you can carry more load now?
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Hey Red Baron from London are you having us on? I mean it's OK if you are but if the Michelin City Grips and enhanced service levels and pet carrier load capacity are for real then it's just totally cool. Sorry if I'm a doubting "Thomas" but if what you say is true. . .then a celebration is truly in order. . .break out the glasses and begin the toast. :o

The only new thing I could dig up on the PCX 150 was a recent scheduled release for this month, February, in India as reported 3 days ago. And I guess it's biggest competitor there is the Aprilia SR 150. Vespa, although "the class act" is a bit pricey for the market. INR 87,000 is the high end expected price for the Honda. :ugeek:

As I said before, I am totally stoked (psyched) for those improvements if they be the real deal. . .

Have a nice day. :D
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

^ I don't have the time to bullsh*t.

All of what I've said is correct.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Don't get too excited about a certain PCX in London being delivered with Michelin City Grips.
As it is, we already get Dunlop or IRC tyres depending on which market or region you live in.
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

photos from the handbook
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Can you take a photo from the front of the manual where it states the different markets that manual is applicable for?
If all the different markets are getting Michelin City Grips, that's one of the best upgrades they can do short of ABS.

But going by Google images, the USDM 2017 model doesn't have MCGs (or keyless start?), but does have nice blue paint:
Last edited by chicaboo on Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

UK and EU on my book.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

All of what I've said is correct.
OMG. . ."Ask and thou shalt receive."

You've done a proper job sir. . .a sincere thanks for taking the time to share those pics with us and bring us up-to-date on the details on your side of the pond.

For me, I would only hope that those upgrades become established in the U.S. market as well. . .

As you probably know, motor scooters aren't a huge market in the U.S. compared to Europe or Asia and other countries. So there are models sold abroad that we would like to see here but they never seem to reach our shores due to the manufacture's view and resulting analysis that potential sales may be meager. . .and not worth the effort. Don't get me wrong though, there is definitely a market for motor scooters here. . .it's just not as robust and diverse as in other parts of the world.

I don't get over to my local Honda/Kawasaki dealer that often. . .they are about 25 miles away. . .but it wouldn't surprise me if the 2017 PCXs they have in stock don't have the same improvements yours does. So I can't compare knowingly. But if they do then that would make my day. . .either way a new PCX is on my list of "must haves" for this year. That being said I think a "Bass" would be in good order to celebrate after the keys are put away at the completion of my first ride subsequent to delivery from the dealer. :D

So far I'm still thinking a "White" one. . .better visibility. 8)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

One more thing. . .

I forgot to mention that we don't get the "Idling Stop" feature in the U.S. market for the PCX. But I guess it's available in the European and Asian markets.

To be honest it's a feature that I can live without. . .but wondered how many people actually use it.

It's kind of like cruise control on my Civic. It's there if I need it. But, I rarely if ever use it. Conversely there are those who do. . .

The "Idle Stop" and "Cruise Control" are at opposite ends of the spectrum. And at the end of the day, one is for stop and go city traffic and the other is for wide open stretches of highway (like the "Crampbuster"). They've got it all covered. . .if you need it.
mowzertron
Year: 2014
Color: Brown

Post by mowzertron »

PCX150Rider wrote:One more thing. . .

I forgot to mention that we don't get the "Idling Stop" feature in the U.S. market for the PCX. But I guess it's available in the European and Asian markets.

To be honest it's a feature that I can live without. . .but wondered how many people actually use it.

It's kind of like cruise control on my Civic. It's there if I need it. But, I rarely if ever use it. Conversely there are those who do. . .

The "Idle Stop" and "Cruise Control" are at opposite ends of the spectrum. And at the end of the day, one is for stop and go city traffic and the other is for wide open stretches of highway (like the "Crampbuster"). They've got it all covered. . .if you need it.
I've cut back on the use of idle stop. Don't really see the point in saving a few pence fuel. Nearly failed to start again other day, plus I get away quicker from the line with it off.
RedBaron

Post by RedBaron »

I won't be bothering with the idle stop.

I'm getting 133mpg so whats the point in saving a few drops compared to maybe damaging the starter motor (or whatever its called)