Total length

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Total length

Post by PCX150Rider »

I've also seen the "Love Bugs" first hand. Buses and trucks in the oncoming lane were quite heavily coated with them as I remember it. I was along for the ride with my parents on a trip to Daytona in 1972 watching all this going on out the window of the new Ford Torino. . .. :lol:

The closest thing to it I can think of that I've also experienced was the "Cicadas" in Baltimore back in 2004. Yum. . .good eaten from what I hear. :roll:

TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

WhiteNoise wrote:
PCX150Rider wrote:
He's buying a 2nd hand one from a private individual, not a new one from a dealer.
Oh yes. . .stupid me. . .it was from a private seller indeed.

My mistake. But the upside is that PCX will be back on the road again. :D
Change made: "Oh yes. . .stupid Us. . .it was from a private seller indeed." :lol:

Alright then! Perhaps the seller would agree to ride the scoot to your location? Just offer to pay him. Worth asking. See what he says.

I will try to keep this brief :lol:
When I lived in FL I fell in love with a 2005 Honda Shadow 600 DLX/VLX in Candy Orange (a rare color that was used on that model year Only). I saw it on eBay. I bidded and managed to outbid others winning the bike - now I had to get it home from across the State. It was so hot and daily afternoon thunderstorms were always expected. The topper? It was love bug season! Floridians know what I'm talking about. Useless Love bugs are the Worst! They show up twice a year by the millions,(?) and they are so easily killed. A mere touch does it. Then....they Stink! :x Anywho...
I decided to ask the seller via email if he would ride the bike to my residence if I tossed in another $100.00. After a few mins his email was in my inbox saying "deal!" We made our arrangements - date time etc and he rode the bike over (a friend followed behind in his vehicle to take him back home).
He got caught in several storms on the way so it took him longer to arrive and when he did o_O He was covered in Love bugs. He couldn't wait to tear his helmet and jacket off. He was not in a good mood. We quickly checked over the bike (all good except sloppy with bugs) then made our exchange, money for title. Then off he went with his friend.
End of story.
See...it can be done. Just make the first move, ask ;)
This is how it's done :D

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

KoolPcx are you out there? Come back please. Tell us, Did you pick-up the Scoot? Are you Excited or What?
I thought I heard screaming the other day but then it was my neighbors fighting over the TV Remote.......Again lol

When you stop riding :D drop us a line, okay?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You