Brand new pcx

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Rooneydavid79
Year: 2015
Color: Brown

Brand new pcx

Post by Rooneydavid79 »

Hi everyone brought myself a brand new pcx last week rust spot on a weld Spot on centre stand already am I being picky lol
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Brand new pcx

Post by you you »

Rooneydavid79 wrote:Hi everyone brought myself a brand new pcx last week rust spot on a weld Spot on centre stand already am I being picky lol
The origins of life always begin with something small.

Am I being to obtuse?
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by default »

you you wrote:
Rooneydavid79 wrote:Hi everyone brought myself a brand new pcx last week rust spot on a weld Spot on centre stand already am I being picky lol

Am I being to obtuse?

probably, but thats why we like you
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

default wrote:
you you wrote:
Am I being to obtuse?
probably, but thats why we like you
Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi and welcome aboard our forum(s)! :P Rust already on a new PCX, I would be bothered by that. There's no guessing with me, I Am picky and then some. So I hear ya!
Guess your location climate attributes to that, heh? Try some protective coating on the bike.
Oh Gosh my dang phone is telling me it's dying!! Damn! :x
Someone help with the spray please?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Grabbed me iPad. Sorry 'bout that. This is the spray I was referring to:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (45.8 KiB) Viewed 971 times
A neatly placed coating on the metals will help prevent rust. Not the tires, brakes, seat, foot mats, grips, plastics (? Hmm) you get what I mean. Just the rustables ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Grabbed me iPad. Sorry 'bout that. This is the spray I was referring to:
image.jpeg
A neatly placed coating on the metals will help prevent rust. Not the tires, brakes, seat, foot mats, grips, plastics (? Hmm) you get what I mean. Just the rustables ;)
I use this too. Great stuff but a drop of engine oil would do the trick too
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Agree 2yous :P I have used leftover oil on my scoot. I also coat indoor and outdoor tools with it. And let's not forget the bicycle rims and metals, they get a thin coating as well. So many uses for oil. Prevent rust, I say!
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Bicycle rims? I can't imagine that would have a positive effect on braking (unless you have them fancy disk brakes...).
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: Slip and Slide? Ouch! It could happen, right?
George I have three bicycle's, a 1964 Sears 3 speed made in Austria (only 1 speed works now), a 1972 Panasonic Sport 10 speed and a 2014(?) 7 speed Electra Townie forward peddler dressed and sporting a Kappa top box.

The wheels on the Panasonic started pitting years ago in Florida's humid weather, the gum white wall tires are bubbled need replacement (again). This bike hangs from my garage ceiling. I coat the metals with oil, and yes the rims. I'm not riding this one with flat pimpled tires :lol:

The Sears bike rims pitted long ago but I keep a light coat of oil on them just the same (avoiding gum wall tires). I take it for a spin yearly around the community.

I enjoy using 1 or 2 speeds mostly. So even the newer 7 speed bike gears get mostly ignored.

Geez I sound like a real biker :lol: :lol: :lol: That IS funny. I bicycle ride very little as of late. Spring and Fall are the best.. but then I'll choose to cruise on Big Brother WN. Sad cuzz my body knows the difference. No excercise "shows" :cry:

Leftover Motor oil is useful and goes a long way. I have lots of it.
Uh, No! That was NOT an invite to bring all your rustibles to Me for their winter coats :lol:
Ya know what? I just reminded myself (or you did George) I have to oil my Mom's wheelchair today. It's been squeaking and Mom been getting the "look."
Chow
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

As we slip and slide off topic...

I'll bet it would not take much to get the three speed working again - it very likely just needs a tiny bit of adjustment. For real entertainment, though, you could rebuild it. I did that on a Sturmey Archer hub back in the 70's. It was not hard, but there were quite a few bitzy parts. I replaced the pawl springs and the hub worked like a charm for another decade or two (when I decided I really didn't need the old clunker kicking around). To preview the entertainment: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/sturmey-archer_3-spd.html

Steel rims. Hmmm. I guess I am a bit of an elitist (or became one once I got a real job). Everything has had alloy rims since my Peugeot U08 was stolen from my college dorm. I expect you do have to do some preventative maintenance in your environment.

My bicycles have also not seen the light of day since Mantis came on the scene. Maybe take the all-terrain around town to the library, but the days of 40 mile jaunts or week-long unsupported camping tours are very small in the rear view mirror of time.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Agree 2yous :P I have used leftover oil on my scoot. I also coat indoor and outdoor tools with it. And let's not forget the bicycle rims and metals, they get a thin coating as well. So many uses for oil. Prevent rust, I say!

On my old cars, in the days before before plastic wing/fender liners I used to change the oil and then use the old oil to brush the underneath of the car :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Uhh, beford (I mean before) fiberass? (I mean fiberglass?) And Tupperware? After all, it's what (some) mechanics do after an oil change. If they make a mess they just spread the love. No waste ;) Monies worth! Win!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Watch yourself, new cars "used oil" is carcinogenic......I'm sure scooters are the same.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

It's good to have a supply of those stretchy type gloves professional mechanics use. You can buy them by the bag or box. If you have allergies or have problems with latex look for a suitable substitute. Nitrile gloves are an option available on the market as well. As long as you don't pinch a hole in them it's a lot easier to clean up afterwards and don't need to use a solvent like turpentine, mineral spirits, or gasoline to get the oil and crud off your hands. The only drawback is that on hot humid days they trap the sweat and you end up wearing gloves full of water. . .so it's best to put them on only when you really need them. There are all kinds of mechanics gloves available on the market but as you get more sophisticated ones the price goes up accordingly. 8)
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

PCX150Rider wrote:It's good to have a supply of those stretchy type gloves professional mechanics use.
I like cotton gardening cloves. Cost me a $1 and can be thrown away afterwards.

I've got latex ones too, but usually end up with the pools of sweat in them that you mention.
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by dgnyberg »

Two options when wearing latex/nitrile gloves.
Use baby or body powder on your hands before you put the gloves on.
Wear thin cotton gloves under the latex/nitrile gloves.

Dave