honda topbox

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

alan
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

honda topbox

Post by alan »

I was wondering if anybody knows if the larger top box will fit on the USA model carrier they don't sell the larger top box in the USA and the part number for the carrier is different
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

honda topbox

Post by BrAtKo »

Hello you can choose most of Givi or Kappa see the thread about mounting the trunk there are pictures with Givi topcase. Simply search and read more over this forum before posting ;)
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
alan
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: honda topbox

Post by alan »

I was talking about the Honda brand topbox
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

Genuine Honda has no other option. Do You need bigger top box or box with Honda logo on it ?
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
alan
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by alan »

I bought the small Honda top box could have got a larger givi monokey box for about what I spent maybe ill get it later
Forza 300
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Forza 300 »

I'm pretty sure the 35L and 45l honda top boxes fit on the honda usa carrier bracket , that's what I'm planning on doing , my 35L honda top box from my 2010 honda sh 150i fits no problem ,I will confirm the 45L top box as soon as I can ,I'm sure it's the same mount as my 2007 honda st 1300 45L box, I just have to contact the new owner of my old st 1300 and try it, there are 4 choices of top boxes 35L ,39L,45L,48 L, Two are honda and two are honda (shad) plus more (shad boxes at www.shad.com) plus many colours ,other honda boxes at different honda dealers France ,Italy,Spain etc,also check out www.davidspares.com there are two one in the USA and one from uk, I have a USA bracket on my Canadian forza the price was $70 less there is a part number difference usa bracket is 08L70-K04-900 and Canadian bracket is 08L70-K04-930 usually the last 2 digits are updated parts( I'm a retired honda tech that's how I know) I suspect the updated Canadian part fits lower due to different spacers under carrier bracket for $70 less I'm sure I can find some shorter spacers or cut the ones supplied in the USA kit. As soon as I try the top box 45L on I will post it !
alan
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by alan »

thanks a lot for the topbox information
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Forza 300 wrote:I'm pretty sure the 35L and 45l honda top boxes fit on the honda usa carrier bracket , that's what I'm planning on doing , my 35L honda top box from my 2010 honda sh 150i fits no problem ,I will confirm the 45L top box as soon as I can ,I'm sure it's the same mount as my 2007 honda st 1300 45L box, I just have to contact the new owner of my old st 1300 and try it, there are 4 choices of top boxes 35L ,39L,45L,48 L, Two are honda and two are honda (shad) plus more (shad boxes at http://www.shad.com) plus many colours ,other honda boxes at different honda dealers France ,Italy,Spain etc,also check out http://www.davidspares.com there are two one in the USA and one from uk, I have a USA bracket on my Canadian forza the price was $70 less there is a part number difference usa bracket is 08L70-K04-900 and Canadian bracket is 08L70-K04-930 usually the last 2 digits are updated parts( I'm a retired honda tech that's how I know) I suspect the updated Canadian part fits lower due to different spacers under carrier bracket for $70 less I'm sure I can find some shorter spacers or cut the ones supplied in the USA kit. As soon as I try the top box 45L on I will post it !
Great Info Post....and, yes, They interchange..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
Benggolf
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Benggolf »

Forza 300 wrote:I'm pretty sure the 35L and 45l honda top boxes fit on the honda usa carrier bracket , that's what I'm planning on doing , my 35L honda top box from my 2010 honda sh 150i fits no problem ,I will confirm the 45L top box as soon as I can ,I'm sure it's the same mount as my 2007 honda st 1300 45L box, I just have to contact the new owner of my old st 1300 and try it, there are 4 choices of top boxes 35L ,39L,45L,48 L, Two are honda and two are honda (shad) plus more (shad boxes at http://www.shad.com) plus many colours ,other honda boxes at different honda dealers France ,Italy,Spain etc,also check out http://www.davidspares.com there are two one in the USA and one from uk, I have a USA bracket on my Canadian forza the price was $70 less there is a part number difference usa bracket is 08L70-K04-900 and Canadian bracket is 08L70-K04-930 usually the last 2 digits are updated parts( I'm a retired honda tech that's how I know) I suspect the updated Canadian part fits lower due to different spacers under carrier bracket for $70 less I'm sure I can find some shorter spacers or cut the ones supplied in the USA kit. As soon as I try the top box 45L on I will post it !
Thank you for your informative post Forza 300. Contemplating on getting a top box for our Forza 300 too; will be following this thread and your posts.

Benggolf
Richmond, BC., Canada