Two 2014 Forzas at my dealer

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Re: Two 2014 Forzas at my dealer

Post by SECoda »

In doing a state by state inventory on Forza's I found 23/65 in California were w/ ABS. Not sure if that is reflective across the country. There are a lot of 2014 Forza's still for sale (hundreds) although not that many in my state. The warmer states have a bunch like CA and FL. It appears there are some good deals out there as dealers try to dump them.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I test rode a Burgman 650 and a Ninja 300 at lunch time. The Burgman is way too heavy (615 lbs. and $11k US). The Ninja would be a third bike I guess just for play. :P It doesn't feel like it can take off (in flight lol) quite like the bigger ones. The Forza is still a better option than those for my needs.
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

SECoda, an interesting scoot leftover at a dealer local to me that might interest you. I bet you could get them down further given the season...comparable in price to a Forza.

http://www.renospowersportskc.com/2013P ... T9D5001458
'88 BMW R100RT
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

It's a city commuter design like the Kymco People 300 vs the Downtown 300i or Forza which is more touring IMO. They have pretty good reviews. I don't think we have anyone to service them around here. I will probably end up with the Forza since it looks like a PCX on Steroids even with a few recall or warranty issues. It is also more of a touring design but capable of both. A Honda dealer with a reputable service dept is so close.

My wife says I research everything to death. :lol:
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by kcpcx »

My wife can't stand it, same here. She says call me when you get it narrowed down to two things if you want my opinion. lol

Those BV350s seem to get positive reviews across the board. I don't know if Piaggios are any good long term, though. If you could get that one for $500 less than they are advertising it at, out the door, I'd almost be tempted to think about it.

It's probably the same where you are...around here, if you're on the highway, traffic is moving at 75mph a lot of the time around the city. Where my parents live in central PA, lots more hills, windy roads, trees, and two lane highways. So prevailing speeds are lower there by probably 10 mph compared to here in KC. People fly, here. So if I got something that I specifically wanted to be more highway capable than the PCX, I'd want it to be able to sustain 70-75 mph easily. Otherwise, you're getting blown off the road at 65.

Not sure how the Forza does at sustained 70-75. Have not had the chance to ride one.
'88 BMW R100RT
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by kcpcx »

Vespa of St. Louis supposedly carries Piaggio. Not sure if that is convenient to you.

http://www.vespastl.com/

5127 Delmar Boulevard Saint Louis, MO 63108
(between Union and Kingshighway in the C.W.E.)
'88 BMW R100RT
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Wow. That is down in the hood. :lol: I live in the far south rural burbs (Jefferson County - maybe 20 miles south of there - 35 miles from Ferguson o_O ) with woods and deer in my backyard although I do have to go down there from time to time. I will take a look for them next time I am down there. My purpose for the Forza is to cruise into the Ozarks down in southern Missouri. It is 70+ mph for the first 50 miles to get down there before you would get on secondary roads. I have the same question about a sustained 70-75 mph on the Forza although 24.5 or 25 HP should push it pretty well I would think. I have one buddy trying to convince me his Majesty is the way to go with the 400. It is very fast (top speed 105) relatively speaking. It is 33.5 HP and only about 60 lbs. more weight. It is not really bigger than the Forza and a bit more comfortable. Price is quite a jump. :(
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by kcpcx »

Thoughts out loud...

The Majesties have a horrible air filter design as their one major fly in the ointment. The filter sucks in really dirty air by design. A number of reports I've read said their air filter was completely gunked up in 1000 miles. There are three filters, too, and roughly $20 each aftermarket if I'm not mistaken. The people over at the Majesty forum gripe a lot about the filters.

They are also supposedly dead slow from 0-15 mph, to the point of annoyance. I can't speak to that never having ridden one myself.

Valve adjustment just about requires a trip to the south pole, 4 japanese technicians, and a magic lantern to accomplish on the Majesties. The interval is long, though.

I would rock a used Maj, seems you can get them for $2500 or less in real nice shape. I wouldn't shell the $$$ out for a new one.

Check out the prices on some Kymcos up in MN. Too bad not closer to us. GT300i looking real good at that price. They are supposedly real good machines.

http://www.heinenmotorsports.com/sales.html
'88 BMW R100RT
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

St. Louis Power Sports nearby is a Kymco dealer with service (as well as Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, Can-Am, Polaris, etc.). They have told me multiple times that they are identical in reliability to the Kawasaki's and share some engines and parts or used to. They a very good reputation for reliability with high mileage and time. My brother owns two of them (scooter and a side-by-side) and his local shop rents them because they are trouble free. The prices are rising as the popularity does and the Downtown 300 is now $100 more than the Forza MSRP w/o ABS. Heck, It may be a better bike at this point. Seating was a bit cramped for taller folks but scooters are like that generally.

I am definitely not in the market for a new Majesty or Burgman. I will shop a little bit for Downtown prices but the Forza's sitting so close and unsold still look appealing.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

The general consensus on the Downtown is the seat back is built for someone 5' 10" or shorter. A seat change seems to be inevitable.
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by kcpcx »

I'm tempted to wait until we've had 2 or 3 weeks of ice cold weather and maybe 6" of snow on the ground, then walk into some places with a Forza on the floor, checkbook in pocket.
'88 BMW R100RT
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The Forza will sit at 70-75mph all day long,, well till it runs out of fuel anyway.
Piaggio BV350 has more power but much less storage space and ergos aren't as good, legroom is worse than the Forza or Downtown.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

That's good news. Now to work on my dealer. They have the sales manager setup which i don't care for. I already told the salesman when they get to $4800 and no $500+ destination fee to give me a call. I didn't pay the fee on my 2013 PCX new but at a different dealer that doesnt have any Forza's. I am wondering if the manufacturer rebates that after so long?
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

BV350 has an awesme motor though, and should be similar in Fuel Econ to the Forza. Sat on one before, but it's been a while. Don't remember the legroom being an issue, but I'm 5'10". Def worth checking into. If you rode the Ninja 300, You should ride the new Honda CB300F. Retails for $3,999. Very light (about 30-40lbs lighter than the Ninja300, 72mpg rated I believe. I dig those a lot. I used to have a CBR250, decent little toy. Put an exhaust on it and got about 20lbs off the bike which made a nice difference. Fuel econ was less than I expected though in the low 60's. But, I would ride at 75 on the freeway with it everywhere.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Those sport bikes pretty cool but for me they would be a play bike. The other party I need to work on is my wife. :lol: She accepted $2900 with just the registration fee on top and no $500 destination charge for the PCX. The neighborhood of $5k is a whole new ball game. She just doesn't see the value in our toys like we do. :roll:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Just tell her you're just having it and if she complains too much put her over your knee and give her a good spanking.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

She holds a conceal carry permit and outshoots me on the pistol range so I refrain from anything that might make her too mad. I normally try the more subtle approach like I am holding it for a friend but she stop buying that long ago. She does have a motorcycle endorsement so I may try surprising her with the PCX is now hers. :lol:
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

My wife got her motorcycle license back in 2008. Doesn't ride anymore, barely did. Maybe I should put her on the PCX. She's 5'3" and shorter legs. At least the PCX is lighter by a considerable amount (100lbs lighter than a 300 Ninja), and similar seat height, so PCX is favorable. She just has no desire to ride really. SHe likes it, but has too much anxiety to enjoy the ride. Best to keep her off if she's not asking to ride.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

That is my wife exactly - even the 5' 3-1/2" (she never leaves out the 1/2"). She hasn't used her license since we got rid of a pair of 250s in the 80s. I have given her a few rides but she has not even tried the PCX herself in our subdivision which only has 14 houses on 40 acres and basically no traffic (but a few hills and sharp turns :P ).
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Well - yesterday they finally dropped the prices and the destination charges on both Forza's near me. I raced in there today during lunch time to try to lock one up figuring I really had plenty of time. Both of those suckers had "Hold" stickers on them now. Someone had beat me to the punch in a few hours. My salesman said he knew nothing of the sale but would find out what was up. They may have a third one at dealership over in the next state about 30 miles away but they are checking. What a bummer. They couldn't give them away at the old price. :oops: