Careful in the wet

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Re: Careful in the wet

Post by kcpcx »

Thank you. Appreciate the link. Sorry for off topic in this thread, all.
'88 BMW R100RT
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I did it w/o removing any panels in the thread. It makes it under a 30 minute job.
kcpcx wrote:Thank you. Appreciate the link. Sorry for off topic in this thread, all.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

SECoda wrote:i think I will try one of the Kevlar reinforced ones
All aftermarket belts are of inferior quality to the OEM Mitsuboshi one.
They wear out faster and are more prone to breaking.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

fish wrote:
skuuter wrote:Wife and I 2-up on one of our Honda Silver Wing Scooters at Deals Gap/The Dragon......

First step in handling is to simply "Trust Your Tires"..... ;) ... 8)
I'd completely avoid that area - having seen too many videos of all the nut-jobs riding too fast with too little experience (or imagination!).
Seems like it would not be too relaxing for the passenger, as well.
My guess is that folks who ride that area are not looking for a relaxing 2-wheel outing. Perhaps an amusement park ride?
Fish
Best time to ride 129 and 28 is during the week.....weekends in Summer is like being in a parade sometimes with too many Riders from States that have no twisties. Here in Tennessee, we pretty much travel by country, ridge, and mountain twisties. The Dragon (129) is a necessary "evil" to get where You're going up in that Area. Shortcut to Robbinsville, Franklin, etc., and the Cherohala Skyway..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I keep reading that. I have a spare OEM for each bike and will just stick with them.
gn2 wrote:
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

gn2 wrote:
Most experienced KYMCO owners swear by the OEM Kymco belts for their scooters - and often have some pretty exciting tales of the destruction that a Kevlar belt has done inside the belt cover. There are a lot of aftermarket Scooter parts out there - but it seems that it is hard to beat the quality of the parts used by the manufacturer when he builds our scoots. Fish
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

fish wrote:
gn2 wrote:
Most experienced KYMCO owners swear by the OEM Kymco belts for their scooters - and often have some pretty exciting tales of the destruction that a Kevlar belt has done inside the belt cover. There are a lot of aftermarket Scooter parts out there - but it seems that it is hard to beat the quality of the parts used by the manufacturer when he builds our scoots. Fish
Yep, when You increase the strength of one part, it moves the "weak link" to another location..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!