Forza 300 vs. Kawsaki J300

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Leafeh
Year: 2015 PCX125
Color: Black

Forza 300 vs. Kawsaki J300

Post by Leafeh »

Hi All,

I will be eventually looking into something of a higher capacity than a 125cc :D and I was wondering about the Kawasaki J300, and how it would compare to a Forza 300.

Has anyone had any experience with one? What are your opinions of it? Compared to a Forza 300.

Cheers,
Leafeh
Mario
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: Forza 300 vs. Kawsaki J300

Post by Mario »

The Forza is a much smoother ride and 12.000km service intervals vs 6.000km for the Kawa, you can't put your feet's in a front position on the Kawa, Kawa is faster 0 to 60mp/h.

Finally I have chosen for the Forza because of the multiple feet positions and the lower service intervals.
May the Forza be with you!!
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

I really like the look of the J300...but I dont think it comes with ABS( at least not in UK).....so that would be a deal breaker for me
Leafeh
Year: 2015 PCX125
Color: Black

Post by Leafeh »

Mario wrote:The Forza is a much smoother ride and 12.000km service intervals vs 6.000km for the Kawa, you can't put your feet's in a front position on the Kawa, Kawa is faster 0 to 60mp/h.

Finally I have chosen for the Forza because of the multiple feet positions and the lower service intervals.
Good point there - The Forza really does seem like a commuter machine, far more so than the J300.

Cheers,
Leafeh
Mario
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mario »

Leafeh wrote:
Mario wrote:The Forza is a much smoother ride and 12.000km service intervals vs 6.000km for the Kawa, you can't put your feet's in a front position on the Kawa, Kawa is faster 0 to 60mp/h.

Good point there - The Forza really does seem like a commuter machine, far more so than the J300.

Cheers,
Leafeh
Eventually the Forza will give you a lower cost p/km and a better price on redeeming ;)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

dergav wrote:I really like the look of the J300...but I dont think it comes with ABS( at least not in UK).....so that would be a deal breaker for me
ABS is an option on the J300, some have it, some don't.
The easy way to know for sure whether a J300 has ABS is the shape of the rear brake disc.
If its circular its non-ABS, if it has a wavy edge its ABS.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 Forza 300

Post by kar120c »

The J300 is a rebranded Kymco Downtown: I have nothing against Kymco but if I buy a Kawasaki I want a different product
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

kar120c wrote:The J300 is a rebranded Kymco Downtown
Yes and no.
Many parts are common to both but the Kawasaki has had changes to the engine and transmision and the bodywork is different.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:
kar120c wrote:The J300 is a rebranded Kymco Downtown
Yes and no.
Many parts are common to both but the Kawasaki has had changes to the engine and transmision and the bodywork is different.
Yes, they stamped Kawasaki on engine parts to distinguish between the two. Although looking at the quality between kymco downtown and Forza I doubt kymco had that many or any recalls about it.
Shame Honda dropped a ball with their game..
Mario
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mario »

Kawa has the same engine as the Downtown but other ecu settings.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Pcxdemon wrote:Shame Honda dropped a ball with their game..
Indeed it would seem that the stuff coming out of the Thailand plant is beset with problems.
Just got my Forza back today after its latest trip to the dealer.
New bearings in the clutch I think it was and another front brake switch, all done for free under warranty fortunately.
Worst bit was having to give them their R3 back, I was getting quite fond of that.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:
Pcxdemon wrote:Shame Honda dropped a ball with their game..
Indeed it would seem that the stuff coming out of the Thailand plant is beset with problems.
Just got my Forza back today after its latest trip to the dealer.
New bearings in the clutch I think it was and another front brake switch, all done for free under warranty fortunately.
Worst bit was having to give them their R3 back, I was getting quite fond of that.
Sigh, although can't say Pcx had any recalls and it's coming from Thailand...so not all products are flawed but seems Forza is plagued by them. Could it be it's Italian origin? That's what Forza is based on from the sh300 that's built/designed in Italy...I'm sure you'll know better than me in that regards.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Pcxdemon wrote:Sigh, although can't say Pcx had any recalls and it's coming from Thailand...so not all products are flawed
Again you conveniently side swerve the crankcase issue on the mk 1 PCX.
The fact they were not recalled or repaired out of warranty is an utter disgrace.
You can also find all manner of other problems with the PCX, all listed in this forum.
None so blind as those who will not see.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:
Pcxdemon wrote:Sigh, although can't say Pcx had any recalls and it's coming from Thailand...so not all products are flawed
Again you conveniently side swerve the crankcase issue on the mk 1 PCX.
The fact they were not recalled or repaired out of warranty is an utter disgrace.
You can also find all manner of other problems with the PCX, all listed in this forum.
None so blind as those who will not see.
Cmon, only two had crankcase issue that i know of and that 'may' have been due to improper removal and install of the centre stand.
What other recalls were on Pcx? I cant find any traces but its not like im trying real hard...I better take mine in for a recall if there is one applicable to me.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The fact that you only know of two is entirely irrelevant. Honda modified the design of the mounts but will not repair the affected ones, only provide parts. Anyone unable to do the repair themself is left with a labour bill bigger than the scooters value
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:The fact that you only know of two is entirely irrelevant. Honda modified the design of the mounts but will not repair the affected ones, only provide parts. Anyone unable to do the repair themself is left with a labour bill bigger than the scooters value
Well the lesson here is don't remove the centre stand and it'll all be ok. Out of 100000 units sold world wide only two that we know got broken which simply in Honda mind was due to botched DIY job.
I don't see a reason Honda should have done anything about it..
I had mine of few times and haven't had problem braking anything off, simply you just had very bad luck or impatience. I see now why you like to take Forza to the dealer instead servicing it yourself..
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Wrong again, the problem manifests itself when the centrestand is left on the scooter and used normally.
Also it is only you who knows of two, the actual number is much greater.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:Wrong again, the problem manifests itself when the centrestand is left on the scooter and used normally.
Also it is only you who knows of two, the actual number is much greater.
Can you humor me and point me to the great number reference, please?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Why should I bother?
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

Only recall I've had on my Forza so far is the fuel pump, no other recalls issued. I've never
had any problems with it, not even with the fuel pump, but had it replaced just in case.
Now I've had some other scooters in the past, where I never knew if I would make it back
home when going for a ride. Only thing I would wish for is a softer ride on some of the
bumpy roads around here.