New Forza 300 ABS Owner! AHOY & HOWDY from TEXAS!

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

New Forza 300 ABS Owner! AHOY & HOWDY from TEXAS!

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

AHOY & HOWDY, Shipmates! Image

I just signed the papers yesterday, for a 2014 Forza 300 ABS! It should be delivered tomorrow or Saturday. Can't wait to get it! It's 3 miles away at the shop, and I'm drooling like a New Pup, waiting for it to get in the Garage, so I can start adding a few things to it.

Unfortunately, I can't ride it for the next month (Hence the, "Awaiting- Delivery"...)! I was going to Do-The-Deal on Saturday, and ended up in the Hospital that morning. Just got out Tuesday, after having some Heart Surgery, which doesn't heal up completely for a month, so while the Forza's in the Garage, I can get it Road-Ready at least.

I Traded-In my '05 Honda Big Ruckus PS250, which I loved! Bought it Feb of '14, after searching for one for seven years, and it went to a New Home yesterday. I hated to let it go, but I've only got room in my Garage for 2-Scoots... my wife's Honda Metro, my Forza, and my car. Not a thing wrong with the BR, except for the fact that it doesn't have ABS. I almost T-Boned a lady a few weeks ago, that pulled out in front of me coming out of a parking lot driveway. She stopped in my lane and froze, and I locked up the Brakes on the BR (Disc/Drum Combo). When my back wheel started to pass me on my right, I did like I would in a car skid... steer into the skid, and let go of the Brakes. SOMEHOW... I don't know how... it straightened out, and I barely missed her front bumper, as I went around the front of her car. Long story short... I wanted ABS!!! NOW!!! So that's my story!

Long time Scooter Rider of a variety of Scooters, and I've been on quite a few Scooter Forums. Been on several Scooter Rally's, done a lot of Group Rides & Road Trips. I've probably ridden somewhere in the neighborhood of 30K miles since 2006. Now, with my Health not as good as it was, I just pretty much ride around town here, either picking things up at the store... making an excuse to pick up things at the store... returning things to the store... or just plain old Riding around for the fun of it.

I've already ordered a Givi D1123ST Windscreen, Malossi Rear Shocks, BACKOFF Brake Modulator, Decal Kits, and a few other items. Can't wait to get them on, and Ride that baby! While it's here in the Garage, I'll be Modding the Seat, first by pulling off that Back Pad, to add a couple more inches for my 6'1" frame to comfortably fit in the Saddle.

Fortunately, when I popped my VIN in the HONDA RECALL Data Base, my Recalls had already been done by the Dealer. WOO-HOO!

Anyway, this is my First Post, so I just wanted to intro myself, and I hope to be a regular on here!

Cheers!

BB

Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: New Forza 300 ABS Owner! AHOY & HOWDY from TEXAS!

Post by homie »

ALRIGHT.... WELCOME!!!
Excellent intro btw
Love your avatar, the animated .gif and punching in your own emoticon... you have skills!
Traded an awesome Ruckus for a Forza... have you a picture or two of that Ruckus? I just need to get my mind straight with visuals. Nice of you to leave the wife some space though. You will find all you need here about Forza and then some. The ABS should keep you off the crash list... wish we all had it.
Attachments
thumbs up.jpg
thumbs up.jpg (6.71 KiB) Viewed 6019 times
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

Welcome BlackBeard :)

I'm also looking at getting the Malossi rear shocks. I'm really looking forward to hearing your impressions of them. I also have the 2014 ABS, it's really fun to ride, you're going to like it. I find it surprisingly nimble for the size and wheelbase. Overall it's definitely the smoothest and best balanced scooter I've ever ridden.

I think I'll also pick up the BACKOFF Brake Modulator http://www.signaldynamics.com/backoffxp
If you are installing it yourself can you please document it and post the pics/vid? I'd love to save myself the labor fees at the dealer and do it myself.
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

homie wrote:ALRIGHT.... WELCOME!!!

... have you a picture or two of that Ruckus? I just need to get my mind straight with visuals.

Thanks for the Welcome, Homie! Here ya go:

When I bought it:

A couple of Mods later:

Before I added the Hard Luggage:

Ohlins Single Shock:

My Former Pride & Joy, 2007 Burgman 400:

Kompact wrote:Welcome BlackBeard :)

I'm also looking at getting the Malossi rear shocks. I'm really looking forward to hearing your impressions of them.

Thanks for the Welcome, Kompact! I've used Malossi Variators & Clutches before, and found them to be EXCELLENT, however, I've never delved into their Shocks. I just hope they're as good as the rest of their Line!

I think I'll also pick up the BACKOFF Brake Modulator http://www.signaldynamics.com/backoffxp

I picked up my Scoot from the Dealer, after having a Belt Change. On the way home, an Elderly Gent, nearly plowed me through an intersection with his truck. I was stopped at the Traffic Light for about a minute, right up front with no one behind me. Next thing I know, I hear tires screeching behind me, and his truck slid into the Turn-Lane to the left of me. He had his window down on the passenger side, and I asked him... "I've got a Yellow Helmet, Yellow Jacket, Yellow Gloves, and a Yellow Scooter! Did you not see me???" His answer... "No!" I researched Brake Modulators that night on the web, and ordered one! Best $38 I ever invested in! The trick is, to hold at least one Brake Lever, to keep the Light Pattern Flashing, until someone comes up behind you and makes a Full Stop. Once they have, you can release the Brake Lever, and the Tail Light will still be on, just not flashing. Hadn't had a problem on the Big Ruckus since then..... at least from behind! The front..... well, I've already discussed that Top-Side! Image

If you are installing it yourself can you please document it and post the pics/vid? I'd love to save myself the labor fees at the dealer and do it myself.

I'm as good with Electrical, as I am with Plumbing... NOT! Therefore, I spend a few $$$ in Labor Fees at the Dealer, to have them install it correctly! Image
Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Skills 8) ... did I mention you are my kind of savvy? Don't hack the site or send youyou a virus please, he's my buddy. I will make a prediction about how you feel about the lose of the Ruckus over a Forza in the years to come only because you look like you can afford to roll with the punches... ahhhhh no I won't.

Chief says "you're an excellent pirate! SAVVY"
Attachments
juicyfruit.jpg
juicyfruit.jpg (13.04 KiB) Viewed 5988 times
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

Aye Mate..... SAVVY! Image

Lads 'n Lasses, thar be a New Vessel pulled into Port this afternoon! She's docked alongside the She-Pirate's Longboat. She'll be in Dry-Dock for the next month, getting Refitted, while the Cap'n takes a bit 'o Sick-Leave, to mend his ailments..... Image

THAR she be.....

The Cap'n is Happy! Image

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

They do have a certain lure about them. Forza has many mods from overseas that REALLY are contagious. Its kinda like the jewelry counter when the lights just right and your woman gets that sparkly doe eyed dummy look. SLAP yourself! and run away.
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by kar120c »

Forza sold in USA are availables only in red, such a shame
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

kar120c wrote:Forza sold in USA are availables only in red, such a shame

HOW TRUE!

However, it's what you CAN DO with the Color available, that makes it a challenge. Some of my Decals have already been Shipped, and I'm ordering a few more, to put my, "Signature Touch", to it, so it stands out in a parking lot full of Red Forza's.

This is my 9th Scooter, and I've always found a way to make it work for me, due to the VERY LIMITED Scooter Colors, offered by the Scooter Companies. You can buy a Car, Truck, Motorcycle, ATV, Boat and Snow Mobile in a variety of Colors, but the Powers-That-Be in the Scooter Color-Selection Realm, either don't care... or don't have any imagination! Fortunately... I have enough IMAGINATION to modify any Color Offered, to make it..... let's say, "UNIQUE"! Sometimes..... or most times..... my Mods are not appealing to the masses, but then again, I'm the one riding it, so if it makes me Happy, I'm Good! Image

Ciao!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

Sweet Lookin' Ride! White is a Forever Classic, and always looks Sharp! Image

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

Blackbeard1718 wrote:Aye Mate..... SAVVY! Image

Lads 'n Lasses, thar be a New Vessel pulled into Port this afternoon! She's docked alongside the She-Pirate's Longboat. She'll be in Dry-Dock for the next month, getting Refitted, while the Cap'n takes a bit 'o Sick-Leave, to mend his ailments..... Image

THAR she be.....

Cheers!

BB
Welcome!

I'd be interested to know what decals you've gone for....
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Welcome! Nice Forza, your previous scoots were cool as well.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

Kar120, that's looking good. Hard to go wrong with pearl white.
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

Mister Paul wrote:

THAR she be.....

Cheers!

BB
Welcome!

I tend to switch out Decals on all my Scoots and Cars. If I customize it up a bit, it's easier to find in the parking lot. I'm still in the "Design Phase", trying to decide WHAT I want & WHERE! A few Decals I've ordered already, are for the Front & Side Body Panels, and I want to Replace the Brushed Metal HONDA & FORZA Decals on the Scoot. Not a fan of Metal Logos. Ordered some Rim Tape yesterday, to make the Wheels "POP" a bit.

Once I get it all together, I'll have it installed in a few days. Right now, looks like my Custom Decal Order should be done in a week or two, giving me time to recuperate from my Hospital visit earlier this week.

I'll definitely post pics when it's completed!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

Mario
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by Mario »

Congrats with your new toy BB, I am sure you will love it like I love mine :D

Also dit my rims, (and some other tweaking)

May the Forza be with you!!
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

Mario wrote:Congrats with your new toy BB, I am sure you will love it like I love mine :D

Also dit my rims, (and some other tweaking)

Hi mario! I see you have the Arrow exhaust! can you post feedback? In my country this is the only approved silencer for the Forza 300.
My Honda service told me that mounting it in the cat version (the legal one) the scooter looses performances and so it should be combined with a tuned CVT
Mario
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by Mario »

I have it with the race manifold (no cat) and love it, sound is just right and my Forza runs faster with it :D

View this topic for the details,
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=140

kar120c wrote: Hi mario! I see you have the Arrow exhaust! can you post feedback? In my country this is the only approved silencer for the Forza 300.
My Honda service told me that mounting it in the cat version (the legal one) the scooter looses performances and so it should be combined with a tuned CVT
May the Forza be with you!!
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

That is one COOL Speed Test in the 3rd Video! The 144km/h equates to 89.48mph here in the U.S.. FAST for a 300!

I liked the Video at the 3:30 mark, when the Forza switched to the right lane, and started to Slow Down. Sounded like a Fighter Jet coming off of the After Burners, with the high pitched whine.

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

Blackbeard1718 wrote:
Mister Paul wrote:

THAR she be.....

Cheers!

BB
Welcome!

I tend to switch out Decals on all my Scoots and Cars. If I customize it up a bit, it's easier to find in the parking lot. I'm still in the "Design Phase", trying to decide WHAT I want & WHERE! A few Decals I've ordered already, are for the Front & Side Body Panels, and I want to Replace the Brushed Metal HONDA & FORZA Decals on the Scoot. Not a fan of Metal Logos. Ordered some Rim Tape yesterday, to make the Wheels "POP" a bit.

Once I get it all together, I'll have it installed in a few days. Right now, looks like my Custom Decal Order should be done in a week or two, giving me time to recuperate from my Hospital visit earlier this week.

I'll definitely post pics when it's completed!

Cheers!

BB
Thanks....