Centre stand

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Re: Centre stand

Post by GeorgeSK »

One thing nobody has mentioned - start out by putting the scoot in the side stand. You can now compose and position yourself to do the deed, and if things don't go perfectly, then you can just let it go back on the side stand while you regroup.

Once you do it a couple of times, it will go pretty easily - it may be already.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I use the side stand first and leave it down until the centerstand is working.

Later on I can't figure out why the engine won't start and then I notice to the side stand is still down.

Too many concussions, not enough sex according to my doctor. She said if I was making babies I would not be doing things like skydiving or riding silly motorcycles.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

It takes no effort to make babies, and certainly no brain power. Just ask to be on the bottom, and let her do all the work!
That makes motorcycle riding more brain intensive than sex. Hmmm...maybe you need more sex and less riding??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

Sandymay wrote:Is there a trick to applying the centre stand? The Honda dealer showed me, but try as I might I can't do it. I can stand on the tip of the stand with all my weight and it won't budge.
In case you are still having difficulty putting your Forza on the center stand, here is a video of the proper technique. The scooter in the video is much lighter then a Forza but the technique is the same. I would add that it's a good idea to leave the side stand down while putting the scoot up on the center stand...so you have something to set it back down on if the attempt doesn't go well at first. Also...push down and back a bit with your foot. Note that both legs of the center stand must be touching the ground before trying to raise the scooter up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRR5uNITd3U

I'm 5'8' and weigh 135 and have no problem raising the Forza up on it's center stand. Getting it off the center stand is a bit more difficult! I straddle it, both hands on the handlebar and lunge forward. This usually gets it up off the center stand enough that applying the front brake holds it there, where upon I can lunge forward again and it comes all the way off the center stand. As mentioned elsewhere here, use the center stand on level ground, not on an uphill slope!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

At 5 foot six I can do the centre stand but it is not easy. The Forza is too long for me to grabs the bars with one hand and to reach the centre stand. On other smaller, shorter scooters I have no problem. The Forza is one heavy scooter.
gruntled

Post by gruntled »

alx123 wrote:Smaller guys like me (140 pounds) need to give it a little pull ,using the passenger hand rail, while putting my weight on the stand.

Never had any problem though.

Getting off is easy, i just sit on the scoot and lunges it forward with a little leg push help.

No room or uphill? Use the side stand.
Just be very careful using a side stand facing DOWNHILL. I did that once on a motorcycle. As I was swinging my leg off the side stand collapsed, the bike fell & I was trapped under it. The gas tank was full & started to leak rather badly running around the tank & dropping on the hot cylinder. All I could think about as I tried to get out was that this was going to be a stupid way to die.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

My centerstand would not go up all the way all the time. It was starting to squeak. I am hearing impaired so it must have been loud.

I struggled with the spring. I got it off but there must be a safer way to do it. There was absolutely no grease on the pivot rod. I greased it up and re-assembled everything. The collar spacer fell out and I struggled with the spring but I was able to get it in without removing the spring again.

My Forza parts list shows two springs on the centerstand but I only have one. I need to check the dealer's unsold Forza to see if there are two.

I have 60,000 km on the Forza now. I don't know if the centerstand ever had grease on it or it is just my lack of expensive dealer services. I think my brake callipers were assembled wrong at the factory. I also think I had no oil in the forks when new.

My Forza was number 98 off the assembly line and I think it missed a few steps. It still leeks minor amounts of oil.

I finally went out for expensive ham & eggs for breakfast at 3 pm. I did a short test ride up to Allison Pass (4400 feet). It was cold and rained the whole way back (66 km). The helmet fogged up until I got the vents right. We require snow tires in less than 2 weeks.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:My centerstand would not go up all the way all the time. It was starting to squeak. I am hearing impaired so it must have been loud.

I struggled with the spring. I got it off but there must be a safer way to do it. There was absolutely no grease on the pivot rod. I greased it up and re-assembled everything. The collar spacer fell out and I struggled with the spring but I was able to get it in without removing the spring again.

My Forza parts list shows two springs on the centerstand but I only have one. I need to check the dealer's unsold Forza to see if there are two.

I have 60,000 km on the Forza now. I don't know if the centerstand ever had grease on it or it is just my lack of expensive dealer services. I think my brake callipers were assembled wrong at the factory. I also think I had no oil in the forks when new.

My Forza was number 98 off the assembly line and I think it missed a few steps. It still leeks minor amounts of oil.

I finally went out for expensive ham & eggs for breakfast at 3 pm. I did a short test ride up to Allison Pass (4400 feet). It was cold and rained the whole way back (66 km). The helmet fogged up until I got the vents right. We require snow tires in less than 2 weeks.

Two weeks!!!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

you you wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:My centerstand would not go up all the way all the time. It was starting to squeak. I am hearing impaired so it must have been loud.

Two weeks!!!
It snowed today on the Okanagan Connector Highway up at 5669 feet (Pennask Summit). 98 days to Christmas. Walmart has Christmas stuff now.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:
you you wrote:

Two weeks!!!
It snowed today on the Okanagan Connector Highway up at 5669 feet (Pennask Summit). 98 days to Christmas. Walmart has Christmas stuff now.
Passed a sign today advertising Xmas trees...
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

davenowherejones wrote:...My Forza parts list shows two springs on the centerstand but I only have one. I need to check the dealer's unsold Forza to see if there are two.
Just checked my centerstand for you. I have only one spring also.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts ... d5dd/stand
only shows one also.
centerstand.JPG
centerstand.JPG (94 KiB) Viewed 948 times
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

"NSS 300 Parts Catalogue 2014" shows also a subspring but the picture above shows what I have on my Forza. My parts catalog could be for countries other than Canada. Like the USA Forza has a parking brake but the one for Canada does not have a parking brake.
Stormswift
Color: Red

Post by Stormswift »

The biggest issue I have is uneven ground. It can be a bit of a challenge. At the dealership, before I purchased I knew bike would need to go on center stand because where I live there is an incline and centerstand is mandatory. So at the dealership I told sales guy that getting the bike on its centerstand for me is a deal breaker. He explained how Forza centerstand works and I had it on centerstand 1st try. I am 5 ft short.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

I think the trick with any center stand is to make sure the bike is completely vertical first - makes a HUGE difference.
Cactus
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 Forza
Color: Red

Post by Cactus »

Hi, On You Tube, Zooskifilms has a video of the Forza 300 and how to put it on the Center Stand. No lifting, who wants to lift 425 lbs, just pull the Forza backward, up it goes on the Center Stand...