NSS300 Fuel Pump problems

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

NSS300A Major Problems

Post by DioTiAma »

I will dare and post it (always in good will) even if it sets some fires on (!): there is a big difference between "Made in Thailand" and "Made in Japan"...
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User

NSS300A Major Problems

Post by DioTiAma »

Good morning gentlemen. Gavin, i don't have a personal vendetta against Nikolov but these people even though might sound nice, they are still diplomats. And BRed, enjoy your bike. And all of you people. Don't be afraid that you are going to be on the side of the road. That's why we are bikers (& that's why we paid for the insurance policy too). We take more risks! I've almost reached 6.500km, ever since i've finished with the running-in period (almost three weeks, 500km), i'm taking the scooter to a trip once a week. 100km, 200km tops and always with a co-passenger. I know a guy who traveled alone for 140 continuous kilometers with the throttle ALL the way down! GN2 is correct. There are scooters that were "born" with more serious problems. And what if there's a problem? Be patient one, two weeks, even a month and eventually it will be fixed (well, mine is still existing for five months now but that's a different story). I read somewhere about the peace of mind. I liked it. Well, always keep that in mind! Some (a lot of) things are not worth the stress!!! Have a nice day people.
presi13

Re: NSS300 Fuel Pump problems

Post by presi13 »

I'm agree DioTiAma. Naturally the Forza will be fixed, but I have bought the Forza to enjoy it, not to stay the motorcycle in the repair shop one week, two weeks....who knows?

A Spain's Forum member has reported that the transmission's belt has broken with 1,300 km. An isolated case, so we hope!
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

DioTiAma...Hi to you from Scotland
I am aware that the responses I have are polite diplomatic holding replies...but one has to go through that process to get to the desired point. Doing nothing because there has been problems before and accepting that is not ever acceptable to me where there is a suggestion of a faulty product. If Forza owners all let Honda know (and electronically so we can all share the knowledge..and Honda know that we are sharing!) they will have to respond. However each owner has to act as they see fit.
regards.
robisc

Post by robisc »

I found this document in the Internet, how to decode Honda VIN numbers. Can be useful ?
Attachments
VIN_DECODE.pdf
(21.79 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User

NSS300A Major Problems

Post by DioTiAma »

Gavin, i'm pretty sure you misunderstood my writings. I MADE A LOT OF FUZZ IN CYPRUS. I have even sent an e-mail at Honda Europe (in Belgium), no respond from them. I'm even thinking of starting a negligence lawsuit! Honda H.Q. in Cyprus assured me that the bike is going to be fixed (on the second try in three months time!). Three days ago i was talking with an authorized Honda mechanic giving him some insight about the fuel pump issue and all he wanted was to hang up the phone! These little "fishes", they are NEVER going to take a step towards you. And i'm positive (excuse me nerve) that Honda Motor Co., Ltd doesn't care if Gavin or George or Jamie are having a fuel pump failure in the U.K. It's all about statistics. If the reported problems become like 20% of the total sales that means something is wrong. It's all about money Gavin! Always has, always will be. And with a colossal like Honda... On the other hand, you are right. Inertia is bad. We have to say something, write something... The problem is, to WHOM!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: NSS300A Major Problems

Post by you you »

DioTiAma wrote:Gavin, i'm pretty sure you misunderstood my writings. I MADE A LOT OF FUZZ IN CYPRUS. I have even sent an e-mail at Honda Europe (in Belgium), no respond from them. I'm even thinking of starting a negligence lawsuit! Honda H.Q. in Cyprus assured me that the bike is going to be fixed (on the second try in three months time!). Three days ago i was talking with an authorized Honda mechanic giving him some insight about the fuel pump issue and all he wanted was to hang up the phone! These little "fishes", they are NEVER going to take a step towards you. And i'm positive (excuse me nerve) that Honda Motor Co., Ltd doesn't care if Gavin or George or Jamie are having a fuel pump failure in the U.K. It's all about statistics. If the reported problems become like 20% of the total sales that means something is wrong. It's all about money Gavin! Always has, always will be. And with a colossal like Honda... On the other hand, you are right. Inertia is bad. We have to say something, write something... The problem is, to WHOM!

Honda must be bricking themselves

And it's "fuss"
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

I posted these in another thread but thought it might be useful to readers who browse in on this thread.

Your Forza's identify plate is on the front left side right under the locked box......
you may have to get on your knees to see, as it's on the underside of the console

it has the local market VIN number which should include as a prefix ML (Thailand) H (Honda) NF04 (the Forza's assigned Honda model number which is in the same NF0x sequence as the SH300i)

in the upper right corner of the VIN sticker is the "birth date" or month of assembly for your scoot
robisc

Post by robisc »

The plate with VIN numbers and year of manufacture there is not in Forza 300 sold in Italy. We have only the VIN number printed on motor block and in chassis. So is not easy to know the year of manufacture.

We know that the 10th caracter of VIN means D=2013 and E=2014.
BRed
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BRed »

On the US models, there can be a year difference in the assembly date (6/13) and the model year (E) which is a 2014 model....
does that mean in some markets, owners have no way of knowing the assembly date?

If so, that means knowing the actual VIN numbers of the Forzas with failed fuel pumps is the only way to know if yours might be in the range affected.
Some owners are concerned about revealing a VIN but it's not a security issue.....Craigslist and eBay usually require VINs for listed vehicles so a prospective buyer knows he's not getting a stolen vehicle and the buyer can also check the bike's insurance history and accident record.

hopefully the 11 members of your forum with failed fuel pumps will at least share that information with you personally?
robisc

Post by robisc »

BRed wrote:....
hopefully the 11 members of your forum with failed fuel pumps will at least share that information with you personally?
At present all Forza 300 we have verified in our italian forum have letter D (assembled in 2013). Also my scooter (not affected :roll: ) bought on May 2014 was assembled in 2013.

Greetings from Italy
BRed
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BRed »

I don't think you can learn much by the model year, especially when relating that information to quarterly production runs.....
some Big Ruckus scooters had an assembly date 2 years older than their VIN model year

What if you ask your members with failed fuel pumps for the last 3 digits of their VIN?
I suspect that might reveal a pattern.....
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User

NSS300A Major Problems

Post by DioTiAma »

Well, excuse my English "youyou" (too much fuss about the FUZZ). It is not my native language. I shoot better in Greek though!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Considering reports on here stating some Forza's have had failed fuel pumps before leaving the forecourt, and one 10 miles down the road - so much for 'meets all federal safety standards at time of manufacture' as declared on the VIN plate. Perhaps the way the law works in the US, Honda may have to act soon. All it will take is someone having a bad accident and this making the news regarding a known problem and no recall as of yet.
They don't allow the idle-stop, probably due to an accident and the engine not starting on time, and yet there seems to be a major problem in fuel delivery which Honda cannot say they did not know about.
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User

NSS300A Major Problems

Post by DioTiAma »

Cudos to Iceman!!! Bowing before you. I'm with you man. Lines like yours should be in the newspaper.
robisc

Post by robisc »

Hi,
an user of italian forum, owner of a Forza 300 with died fuel pump, wrote that the replaced part report in box this:
16700-K04-305
R4K05
Made in Thailand

The Honda Service's guy said is different from the original one.

How i wrote in other message, this pump replaces part no. 16700-K04-931, as published in online catalogues (https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oempart ... /fuel-tank)
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

robisc wrote:Hi,
an user of italian forum, owner of a Forza 300 with died fuel pump, wrote that the replaced part report in box this:
16700-K04-305
R4K05
Made in Thailand

The Honda Service's guy said is different from the original one.

How i wrote in other message, this pump replaces part no. 16700-K04-931, as published in online catalogues (https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oempart ... /fuel-tank)

That is exactly what we are seeing on the parts list. The 305 is replacing the 931.
Thank you!
Fish
slogger

Post by slogger »

great imformation guys. :)
robisc

Post by robisc »

BRed wrote:....
What if you ask your members with failed fuel pumps for the last 3 digits of their VIN?
I suspect that might reveal a pattern.....
Here the last 3 digits of 3 VINs of affected Forza 300:
drol343
Year: Forza 2014 ABS
Color: Forza Red

Post by drol343 »

Thanks for the VINs.
drol343 (USA)
Dennis
2014 Honda FORZA NSS300A