Has anyone tried SH300 exhaust on Forza 300 ?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

forza300
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Has anyone tried SH300 exhaust on Forza 300 ?

Post by forza300 »

Hi, I'm struggling to find any exhaust systems for the NSS300 Forza. I understand slip-ons such as the Akra work ok but what about other makes? Has anyone tried fitting an SH300 full exhaust system to the Forza 300? I am wondering if they are interchangeable as there is little, in fact virtually zero info on this on the interweb.

Any assistance appreciated. Especially from any spanner twirlers who might want to try this exercise to find out? I haven't got access to an SH300 but would love to try and swap over a few parts to check.

Happy riding and stay safe !
------------------------
forza300
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: Has anyone tried SH300 exhaust on Forza 300 ?

Post by forza300 »

OK, I'll answer my own question..

Got a reply from a supplier in Italy who said:

"Sadly no, it's different. Good luck in your search mate!"

Soooo.... this means we either need to wait for someone to develop a full system for the NSS300, fabricate one ourselves or do what half of Thailand seems to be doing and fit an Akrapovic slip-on (or presumably any other brand of slip-on) and at worst make some minor mods to the exhaust hanger bracket.

If anyone has any update please post for us to share !
------------------------
Benggolf
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Benggolf »

Am located here in Richmond, BC, Canada. Where do you order an Akrapovic muffler that will bolt on to our 2014 Forza? How much?
Thanks.
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

the thai websites offer good exhaust systems. one is MADMAX BANGKOK. I have contacted them via email and they do ship internationally. I have not purchased from them however. they have complete exhaust systems for about 500 u.s. Also you can get the Akropovic muffler for under 300 u.s. (I think). Unfortunately, here in the western world, (I'm in California where believe or not there are still idiots driving HumVee's and have V-8 motored cars as their primary), there is not a market for the Forza. I happen to have one of very few here in El Dorado county. Aftermarket stuff is even hard to find for the PCX 150 which has been here for about 3 years. Its a shame america is so far behind "developing" nations.
supermattyp

Post by supermattyp »

I just spent an hour or more on webike.com (japanese site) and found that they offer parts for the Forza 250....Now I'm not making any promises that an exhaust from that bike will work but I'd be willing to put my money where my mouth is. I'm going to be ordering an exhaust from them soon. Worst case scenario I end up cutting the pipe and welding the new exhaust to the old pipe just past the head.

Will check out MADMAX BANGKOK if they've gotten good reviews.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The Forza 300 is completely different to the 250, its a total redesign.
Highly unlikely your part will fit.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
supermattyp

Post by supermattyp »

The body is 100% identical which means the exhaust pipe routing should be the same even if the connection the engines head isn't. I think the main issue with the SH300 is that the body styles are different so nothing will fit out of the box.

Also, (I'm no expert) but it's my understanding that the current 279cc in the forza is a slightly tweaked version of the 249cc from the "Froza-Si M12". If that's the case then this exhaust should bolt right up no problems....like I said above...worst case scenario you knock off the flange of the new exhaust and weld it to the flange of the stock exhaust and it WILL fit because the bodies are identical.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The Forza 300 has an offset crank and is effectively a completely different engine.
The exhaust bolts to the swingarm.
The Forza 300 swingarm is 52100-K04-900
The SH 300 swingarm is 52000-KTW-B00
The Forza 250 swingarm is 52000-KVZ-630
All different parts so highly unlikely the exhasts will be interchangeable.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
supermattyp

Post by supermattyp »

That's good info. If the issue is that the support tabs on the swing arm aren't in the right position that can easily be fixed with couple of small aluminum brackets and a drill. That's even easier than cutting and welding the mounting flange.