Windshield removal in Forza

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Mortimer
Year: 2011
Color: white

Windshield removal in Forza

Post by Mortimer »

Any suggestions on how to get the Y-shaped red plastic piece out before I can access the screws that attach the wind shield? I first removed the three screws but the piece is holding tight.

Help! :(
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Re: Windshield removal in Forza

Post by dergav »

check Fish s entry under the "accessories " section on this forum..full description from a guy who posted on the web as to how to remove and fit a Forza screen...easily done...needs a bit of "force" however to remove the plastic bits....
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

dergav wrote:check Fish s entry under the "accessories " section on this forum..full description from a guy who posted on the web as to how to remove and fit a Forza screen...easily done...needs a bit of "force" however to remove the plastic bits....
Yes, the description is there...but would call it a lot of things - before I called it "easy" to remove!
Please do not try this if the temp is cold....that might snap some plastic bits.
Blasted thing hangs on for dear life! until you get it off the first time ...and put something on the tabs to lube things for the next time!
Fish
http://myforza300.wordpress.com/2013/09 ... position=0
stryder123
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 forza
Color: Red

Post by stryder123 »

Takes force soooo, may the F O R C E be with you.
Mortimer
Year: 2011
Color: white

Post by Mortimer »

fish wrote: Yes, the description is there...but would call it a lot of things - before I called it "easy" to remove!
Please do not try this if the temp is cold....that might snap some plastic bits.
Blasted thing hangs on for dear life! until you get it off the first time ...and put something on the tabs to lube things for the next time!
Fish
http://myforza300.wordpress.com/2013/09 ... position=0
That was very helpful!