Givi Monokey Rack SR1123 installed

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

pawineguy
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Givi Monokey Rack SR1123 installed

Post by pawineguy »

Total time spent was approx. 20 minutes - can't imagine it taking more than 30. Just waiting for the box to arrive now.
Attachments
Adapter attached and finished!
Adapter attached and finished!
photo5.jpg (69.45 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
Base attached
Base attached
photo4.jpg (33.56 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
Cover reattached
Cover reattached
photo3.jpg (34.8 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
Drilled
Drilled
photo2.jpg (58.09 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
Cover removed
Cover removed
photo1.jpg (61.43 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
PAWineGuy
Eastern PA, United States
Forza 300 ABS 2014
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Givi Monokey Rack SR1123 installed

Post by willajabir »

I saved my cover instead of drilling holes in it. Not that noticeable once the box in on and you can take everything off and return to stock look if you want.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
pawineguy
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by pawineguy »

willajabir wrote:I saved my cover instead of drilling holes in it. Not that noticeable once the box in on and you can take everything off and return to stock look if you want.
Totally agree. The black deck is very clean and if I had a do over I would probably go this route.
PAWineGuy
Forza 300 ABS 2014
rew750

Post by rew750 »

pawineguy wrote:
willajabir wrote:I saved my cover instead of drilling holes in it. Not that noticeable once the box in on and you can take everything off and return to stock look if you want.
Totally agree. The black deck is very clean and if I had a do over I would probably go this route.
Looks nice and I'm glad to see that you don't need to drill holes to install the rack if you don't want to.

Can you tell me where you bought the rack and Givi Monokey case? And by Monokey does that mean you can adapt the lock to match your ignition key? thanks...
pawineguy
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by pawineguy »

rew750 wrote:
pawineguy wrote:
Looks nice and I'm glad to see that you don't need to drill holes to install the rack if you don't want to.

Can you tell me where you bought the rack and Givi Monokey case? And by Monokey does that mean you can adapt the lock to match your ignition key? thanks...
Mono key means the supplied key locks it to the rack and locks it shut. The rack was purchased from tourandride and the case came from revzilla. Pics of the case tomorrow when it arrives.
PAWineGuy
Forza 300 ABS 2014
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Looks NICE.....I usually go the GIVI Route, but opted for the Honda Rack and Case for the FORZA....I bought (2) FORZAS at the same time, so my Dealer gave me a Great Package Deal on Genuine Honda Accessories..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
rew750

Post by rew750 »

Totally agree. The black deck is very clean and if I had a do over I would probably go this route.[/quote]

Can you tell me where you bought the rack and Givi Monokey case? And by Monokey does that mean you can adapt the lock to match your ignition key? thanks...[/quote]

Mono key means the supplied key locks it to the rack and locks it shut. The rack was purchased from tourandride and the case came from revzilla. Pics of the case tomorrow when it arrives.[/quote]

Do mind you revealing what you spend for both? My wife wants one on her new Forza the Honda ones are very expensive as I think I was quoted $350-$400 for the case and rack.
pawineguy
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by pawineguy »

rew750 wrote:Totally agree. The black deck is very clean and if I had a do over I would probably go this route.

Can you tell me where you bought the rack and Givi Monokey case? And by Monokey does that mean you can adapt the lock to match your ignition key? thanks...[/quote]

Mono key means the supplied key locks it to the rack and locks it shut. The rack was purchased from tourandride and the case came from revzilla. Pics of the case tomorrow when it arrives.[/quote]

Do mind you revealing what you spend for both? My wife wants one on her new Forza the Honda ones are very expensive as I think I was quoted $350-$400 for the case and rack.[/quote]

For both items it was around $450 - I would take a look at giviusa.com, and also some of the videos on revzilla comparing the different cases - I chose an expensive case from the more expensive monokey line, because I wanted to be able to carry extra weight - if your wife is happy in the 6 to 7 pound capacity range then the monolock series is much less expensive.
PAWineGuy
Forza 300 ABS 2014