Windshield Question New Member!

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

hfnut

Windshield Question New Member!

Post by hfnut »

Hi everyone in Forza land! New member here from sunny and HOT South Carolina in the US. I am a new Forza purchaser but not a new rider having owned quite a few motorcycles and scooters since 1984 (where has all the time gone!!) I am wondering if the Givi windshields are a little taller then the Honda tall windshield. The Honda one works pretty well but I would like for my windshield to be maybe a couple of inches taller than the honda one. The honda shield sits about two inches below my eyes when I am riding upright on the front of the seat and I like my shields to be about two inches above my eyes if I can find out that will work. The honda tall windscreen on my sh150i sits just where I like it. I am thinking maybe the Givi adjustable tall shield. I never rode with the short one on my scooter as I had it taken off and the tall honda one installed before I took delivery of the scooter.

Thanks,
Ron
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Windshield Question New Member!

Post by homey »

Welcome Ron! I'm sure someone will be with you shortly on the matter of windshields for the BIG RED! That was presumptuous of me, don't those come in some other color too? Shields must play a roll in riding that I don't yet understand, If I was to guess its the darn helmet noise because the wind doesn't bother me much on a PCX most likely because I can't go super sonic like you will be able to with a BIG RED! Darn it there I go again I'm like a racist or something.

Btw how fast do you BR's get on those tankers? :)

here is a bigger red one... you are drooling now... RIGHT!
hfnut

Post by hfnut »

Thanks homey! The Forza is pretty fast! I've been up to 80-85ish so far but I'm still breaking it in so I'm supposed to go easy on it LOL! I will do a full review on the Forza as soon as I get some more seat time on it. I would say that so far it is far more quiet and smooth than my sh150i is but the Forza is bigger scoot than the sh150i is so I guess I am comparing apples to oranges. Red is the fastest color haha!!!

The PCX 150 is a fine scooter too and I would have been tempted to get it instead of the sh150i it it had been available in my area at the time I bought the sh. The performance figures between the two scooters (PCX and sh150i) are quite similar. The main difference would be that the sh has the standard step-through design and the PCX is more like a maxiscooter. My sh will easily run 65ish with the tall honda windscreen on it so it can be used for short trips on the freeways.

Yep, the main issue with the honda tall windshield is not wind blast, it handles that quite well. The issue is with the wind noise around my helmet. I could go two ways here: I could use the honda tall windscreen and try to find a quieter helmet or I could try to fit a slightly taller windshield. I'm 5'7" and another two inches or so in height (windshield height!!! Not me I ain't gettin no bigger haha!) should do the trick! I'm thinking maybe the adjustable Givi or the tall Givi if they are the same height with the adjustable fully extended.
homey
Regular User
Regular User

Post by homey »

hfnut wrote:Thanks homey! The Forza is pretty fast! I've been up to 80-85ish so far but I'm still breaking it in so I'm supposed to go easy on it LOL!

Yep, the main issue with the honda tall windshield is not wind blast, it handles that quite well. The issue is with the wind noise around my helmet.
80+ would make a world of difference on the Stevenson, the difference between everyone trying to get around you and being comfortable in the slow lane. I was not concerned with speed issues when I purchased PCX. I saw the mighty RED over in the corner but never approached it primarily because the PCX gives off some kind of magic smoke when you look at it. The first thing folks around me said was "aren't you too big for that, why not get a bigger bike" but the magic smoke lingers and the more I ride this silly little scooter and read about it the deeper and deeper is the drug. I won't leave the twist and go CVT fascination but time will tell if the bigger automatics of the future will find a balance in price and looks that move me off PCX. I applaud you for escaping the allure of PCX and putting on the right suit for the job... I will have to go bigger or stay off the expressway.

Wow! I was just guessing about wind screens, I tried to get behind my stock one but the noise got louder and I realized my wind screen was kinda cosmetic. Sorry I'm a noob rider to anything ninja style or even street. My former experience is dirt bike and Segways so street bikes are... scary. Mostly make a big noise and have secret hand signals I still don't know what they want from me. Never had this problem with Segways we just have secret savings account for batteries when they go down so wifey don't divorce. So is it possible noob bought a lame helmet? I thought 169.00 bucks was mid-range and I generally don't go cheap or exotic on anything.
drol343
Year: Forza 2014 ABS
Color: Forza Red

Post by drol343 »

This is what I got...

Givi D1123ST is 28.7" high and 23.2" wide, approximately 8.3" higher than the original Honda windscreen.
Honda Taller Windscreen is……………….….., approximately 7.5" higher than the original Honda windscreen.

I am leaning towards the Taller Honda WS... balancing Performance and Looks!
drol343 (USA)
Dennis
2014 Honda FORZA NSS300A
hfnut

Post by hfnut »

Thanks for the help everyone! I'm wondering if the Givi airflow shield is taller then the fixed Givi tall shield?
mboni
Year: 2014 Forza

Post by mboni »

hfnut wrote:I'm wondering if the Givi airflow shield is taller then the fixed Givi tall shield?
I've got the Airflow, but don't have a fixed Givi to compare against. However, I'm pretty confident that the Airflow will do a better job of directing air above your head than an identically sized simple shield. When I was on a Honda Silverwing, I replaced a very tall Clearview windshield with an Airflow, and ended up using the Airflow at it's lowest setting, which was much lower than the top of the Clearview.
hfnut

Post by hfnut »

Thanks for the info guys! I think that I may go with the air flow. If it is a couple of inches higher than the tall honda shield then it will be perfect for me.
hfnut

Post by hfnut »

I have the Givi airflow being delivered today so I'll put it on and see what the difference is. If the Givi meets my needs, I may decide to sell the tall honda one if anyone is interested.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Have been thinking about a taller windshield for my forza. Wondering between Honda tall and GIVI D1123ST. Any input is welcome.
mikecalderone
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikecalderone »

Look at the post above from drol343.

The Givi D1123ST is higher then the Honda Windsrceen
My Rides:
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
2015 Honda CTX700ND

Previous Rides:
2014 Honda Forza 300
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650
2009 Burgman 400
2006 Kawasaki Nomad 1600
2005 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
2003 Honda VT750
1992 Honda elite
1986 Kawasaki KZ600 inline 4
1979 Honda CL350
1977 Honda SL125
hfnut

Post by hfnut »

The Givi is quite a bit taller than the Honda Tall windshield. I would say about 3 inches taller with the upper windscreen fully extended. Much better wind protection IMHO.
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

From what I've read, the GIVI D1123ST is about 8.5 inches higher than the original windshield. I ran across this Puig windshield:
http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/hon ... 310-m3620/
It says it is 250 mm (9.8 inches) higher than the original. But I couldn't find it anywhere in the USA so I emailed Puig back in May about it and
they replied that they would notify me when it was available. I just received an email from them that it is now available. I've since
gotten the taller Honda windshield and am happy about it but posting this in case anyone else is interested in the Puig windshield here
in the USA. I'll paste my original email to them, their first reply and second reply below:
Hello Wayne:
The screen requested below is available now.
If you are still interested, you may purchase it through sales@motovationusa.com.
Thank you for your interest.
PUIG USA INC
info@puigusa.com
---------------------
Hello Wayne:
We will bring it in by the end of June in light smoke (part# 6554H). We will contact you as soon as it is available.
MSRP: $139.87
Thank you for your interest.
PUIG USA INC
info@puigusa.com
---------------------
I am interested in the product listed on your site on the following page:
http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/hon ... 310-m3620/
Product: V-Tech Line Touring for Honda NS S300 FORZA 2013
I'm not having much luck finding this product in the USA and was wondering
if there would be a way to purchase this product.
Thank you,
Wayne Bardell