Givi- tunnel bag

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Givi- tunnel bag

Post by homie »

Has anyone put the tunnel bag on a PCX and if so what did you think about it? I don't care about the saddle bags or the luggage box.

Does it ride well, will it scuff the finishes, do you hate throwing your leg over, is it vulnerable to theft, etc.
Which Givi model fits best to PCX? T496 or EA105 range
btw that doesn't appear to be a T496 the guy in the vid claims it to be so I'm a bit confused.

http://www.amazon.com/Givi-EA105-Range- ... uctDetails

http://www.cyclenutz.com/Givi-T496-SCOO ... p_687.html

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Givi- tunnel bag

Post by kramnala58 »

Maddiedog (Dave, our moderator) has one and he even has Maddie (his dog) ride on it with no problems. If I toured more, I would get one.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

For the last 100 miles I have been riding with a satchel in the step through and I have to say I'm leaning towards getting one of these custom tunnel bags for the scoot if there is one big enough.

When you can feel something between your knees there is a sense of security, like a gas tank ;) I don't use the step through anyway so filling it would not bother me. There aren't a lot of these offered for scooters and tank bags for cycles are not big enough. The Givi tunnel bag does not look like it's made to suit me after riding with this one. I would rather have a wider tactical tunnel bag if there is such a thing.

This one's carry strap slipped over the seat and that was all it needed to stay put. I don't know, I may just go with this military brief case and call it a day for extra travel storage when I need it. It will be very hard to settle for a lesser quality constructed tunnel bag.

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

That Givi tunnel bag has been liked and discussed on the forum(s) a few times. I just did a quick search for Ya, take a look here and search more if you want http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... tunnel+bag
I'm pretty sure that both of the Givi model numbers equal the Same bag. One just replaced the other with a new number. I liked it too, but already have assorted luggage.
That tunnel bag does look quite comfortable tucked there, doesn't it? ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:That tunnel bag does look quite comfortable tucked there, doesn't it? ;)

As a perk it does something for the over all look of the scoot. I stuffed it with rain gear, winter gloves etc and put a little non-slip rubber pad under it. Any idea why they call them tunnels bags? At his point I'm sold on the idea just wondering why buy Givi's version if this one is working so well.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

End of discussion then?....military bag a keeper? I'm guess in'. Okay, that's done. Onto some other "wild and crazy accessory" (said like Steve Martin). What's next homie? Winter hot grips? You've got two power ports. What say ye? I like that idea ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:End of discussion then?....military bag a keeper? I'm guess in'. Okay, that's done. Onto some other "wild and crazy accessory" (said like Steve Martin). What's next homie? Winter hot grips? You've got two power ports. What say ye? I like that idea ;)
Actually I'm done WN, I'm not impressed with after market accessories like brake levers, running boards, breather covers and assorted other bling. All I want my exhaust to do is be quiet. The practical stuff like reflective strip to increase my visibility and safety with a little extra storage for rain gear is a must and a place to hang a GPS/phone.

You know I had to chop that long mud flap off the tail but as you can see I wasn't even willing to give up the 3 stock reflectors in doing so. These tires are fine and the drive train seems optimize. I don't want go 75 mph if it means I only get mid 60's mpg, learned this from Scooterman. That's just not a good trade off for me when I only have a 2 gallon tank.

As you know I'm focused on loading equipment so I can travel with my scoot in my truck 8)

WhiteNoise I did see in an old thread you purchased a couple saddle bags but like you I will be keeping my PCX pretty much stock. The scooter serves me well, it's quiet, fuel efficient, fast enough, dependable and runs like a top at nearly 1400 miles so far (without valve clearance adjustment).

We are birds of a feather except you will make your scheduled maintenance services and I will do them myself :D
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScooterKim »

I ended up using a motorcycle bag as a tunnel bag. I have the ends looped around the front turn signals and it stays put. I have my rain gear inside and use the side pocket for my water bottle. If I was going to put anything else of importance in this bag, like a Maddie dog, I would definitely have something of higher quality and extremely stable.
riderthailand
Year: 2014
Color: Grey

Post by riderthailand »

Any prices for these mentioned?