seat question

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

romei
Minister of Sinister
Minister of Sinister
Color: Red

Re: seat question

Post by romei »

It will do no good to contact them now that the package has left their facility. I'll wait until I receive it before I contact them in case there are condition issues or other issues as well.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

romei wrote:It will do no good to contact them now that the package has left their facility. I'll wait until I receive it before I contact them in case there are condition issues or other issues as well.

How about this...

You could ask them whether they sent by the method you paid for.

Maybe if they didn't you could ask for a refund for the cost they didn't incur?
romei
Minister of Sinister
Minister of Sinister

Post by romei »

I intend to do that when I receive it and also address any other issues that may arise with it.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

romei, just make sure you get your way with them, I'm sure you will. I'm counting on ya!
Sorry about the extended delay.
I just went through an ordeal myself getting the proper Shad bag. 4 months of screw-ups for one bag. I kept my cool, made my point(s). I own two different Shad bags now. Not so bad.
Keep us posted....kay? ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

romei wrote:I intend to do that when I receive it and also address any other issues that may arise with it.

Good luck.
romei
Minister of Sinister
Minister of Sinister

Post by romei »

Looks like I might get it next week. Tracking says....

Completion of customs processing
New York, New York, United States
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

romei wrote:Looks like I might get it next week. Tracking says....

Completion of customs processing
New York, New York, United States
So good they named it twice, I feel a musical coming on..

Seems to be going well :lol:
romei
Minister of Sinister
Minister of Sinister

Post by romei »

Well, I got my seat today, 49 days after I ordered it. 5 to 14 days my ass. Lesson learned. The stickers on the box indicate that it was shipped on August 7th which leads me to believe that it wasn't really "in stock" like the web page says but rather they had to have it made or they bought it from someone else and had it shipped to them first. It does have airmail stickers on the box it as well as several other parcel stickers. It must ship from one shipper to another and so forth until it hits the airmail place. Anyway it's here now and it's on the bike. I only rode it about 15 miles but here is my initial impression. I need to put a couple hundred miles on it to really get a good opinion.

Quality and construction appear to be good
it came complete with everything but the channel seal that goes the whole way around the under side of the seat pan. It was easy to use the one from the original seat.
It has great back support - light years better than the original - It makes you feel like you're sitting "in" the bike and not on top of the bike

Dislikes:
The padding is hard. I ride with a gel pad and I can still feel the stiffness under my ass. My wife isn't going to like it. It feels damn near like you're sitting on wood.
Passenger height is about 1" higher
It didn't move me back much, if any farther. I was hoping to gain a few inches of leg room but maybe only gained a half of an inch. (I used to ride it without the backrest)

Meh:
The seat pan is an original OEM pan with that hump formed in it for under seat helmet storage. That's obviously why I didn't gain any leg room.
It was fairly easy to install

And now some photos:

And here it is with my gel pad
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Some times I think it would be easier to change the shape of your ass than to try to deal with long distance companies.

Go on a diet or add muscle to your ass.

It has never worked for me but some people can resist chocolate better than me.

I had a Seat Concepts cushion made for my DR650. It was extremely well made but it was not the right shape for ME.

Oh well, I sold the DR650 and bought a Forza with a different set of problems.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I suspect the seat was made here in Bangkok from the shop I got mine at. I posted pics of it a few years back. Pretty much every seat I have seen for sale at the online sites, I have seen at that shop. They make them in the open, which gave me the chance to see the whole process. And whenever I have been there, they seem to be doing a lot of shipping, and I am pretty sure that it is not all to individual customers, but to other shops as well.

Typically for the PCX's that have a hump, they us a humpless pan, but maybe they aren't available for the Forza.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
fullmetalscooter

Post by fullmetalscooter »

Well if you got the oem one you could turn around , strip it down to the pan and then take it in to some place that does plastic wielding . Get them to take the hump out , flatten it and then get it redo how ever you want. I ve wonder if the mod they use for zuma 125 seats will work ? They drill out the hump with 1001 holes. When any weight is applied is compresses downward . Adds more backward seat position .
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Finally is Right! The seat looks snazzy but If it doesn't suit yer arse what good is it? That's a pity. So what's the plan romei? Leaving it on or......?

Have you seen this website? Might Help should you decide to fiddle with yer saddle yourself :)
http://diymotorcycleseat.com
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
romei
Minister of Sinister
Minister of Sinister

Post by romei »

I've put more miles on it now and I like it better. I was very surprised to find out that my wife actually likes it better than the OEM seat too. My problem with the positioning is somewhat unique. I lost my left leg in a motorcycle crash 25 years ago and I can only bend my knee about 70 degrees with my prosthesis on, and still remain reasonably comfortable. That's why I'd like to sit a bit farther back so that my leg could rest straighter. Sitting higher would resolve that problem too but I don't like to sit high on a bike. I like to sit "in" the bike. When I originally described it I said about the padding being hard, which is true, and that "It feels damn near like you're sitting on wood". I figured out that the reason for that is that there is no sculpture in the padding where your weight sits. It's flat and not rounded or sculpted to fit the shape of a butt. My gel pad alleviates that somewhat though.

All in all I like it better than the OEM seat, I really like the added lower back support and I love the way it looks. I rarely ride more than 150 or 200 miles at a clip and it remains comfortable to me for that amount of time. I'd buy it again but I wouldn't pay the big money for fast shipping now that I know that that's a farse. It'll stay on the scoot for now but if time goes by and I decide I want to make it perfect for me, I'll take the original seat pan to a local craftsman and have him cut the hump out, or drill it as fullmetalscooter suggested, sculpt it to my ass and put a nice cover on it.