seat question

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

remida

seat question

Post by remida »

the Honda 300 at the dealers seens to be a better fit for me if that rear ''cushion''or rear padding could be removed..dealer says he doesn't know....anybody done this ???????
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: seat question

Post by chicaboo »

You can remove the cushion, and then it looks pretty ugly without it, and you then lack that support.
You can buy modified seats for the Forza that sit back further by as much as 3", but they cost a fair bit.
http://www.mpmotorseat.com/HONDA-FORZA300-SEAT

Or you can just realise that you're too tall for the Forza, like I did... :(
pja2536
Year: 2013
Color: BLACK

Post by pja2536 »

remida wrote:the Honda 300 at the dealers seens to be a better fit for me if that rear ''cushion''or rear padding could be removed..dealer says he doesn't know....anybody done this ???????
Yes! :D 8)

I have had the seat re-upholstered and it is now light-years better than the OEM seat. I think the OEM seat is designed for much smaller riders than you find in the Australian (and USA) market.

There is a significant problem; the seat base is a solid plastic piece and it is pre-formed with a considerable "hump". This cannot be changed short of making a new seat base. Thus I still have a hump in my seat but it is further back and nowhere as large as the OEM seat.

Have a look at this link http://forzaseat.peter2536.fastmail.net/album/ for some pictures of my seat.

Regards,
Peter
Peter Anderson & Co.

"HE HAD offices in Sydney, not so many years ago,
And his shingle bore the legend 'Peter Anderson and Co.',
But his real name was Careless, as the fellows understood-
And his relatives decided that he wasn't any good."

Henry Lawson, August, 1895
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

How did they move the hump back further if it is pre formed in the base ??
Atabone
Year: 2016
Color: Forza 300silver

Post by Atabone »

I did the same thing as Peter (his seat was my inspiration :))

see my thread here to see the progress of the build
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7312
20170304_123842.jpg
20170304_123842.jpg (197.44 KiB) Viewed 4574 times
remida

Post by remida »

pja2536 wrote:
remida wrote:the Honda 300 at the dealers seens to be a better fit for me if that rear ''cushion''or rear padding could be removed..dealer says he doesn't know....anybody done this ???????
Yes! :D 8)

I have had the seat re-upholstered and it is now light-years better than the OEM seat. I think the OEM seat is designed for much smaller riders than you find in the Australian (and USA) market.

There is a significant problem; the seat base is a solid plastic piece and it is pre-formed with a considerable "hump". This cannot be changed short of making a new seat base. Thus I still have a hump in my seat but it is further back and nowhere as large as the OEM seat.

Have a look at this link http://forzaseat.peter2536.fastmail.net/album/ for some pictures of my seat.

Regards,
Peter
Guess that answers my question....wonder if a person took out the hump that is part of the pan would it destroy the integrity of the construction...
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Yes it would. Padding can be thinned, but hump cannot be moved in the seat pan.
I'm 6'3", 34 inseam. No issues with the Forza seat. All Asian scoots are fitted to the vast majority of their customers.....Asians.
Gringos and Aussies don't buy scooters in any significant numbers to justify much consideration when designing a scooter.
The Forza is a great scooter....built for Asians....and those few others who can & will appreciate owning one.
Fish

pja2536
Color: BLACK

Post by pja2536 »

Atabone wrote:I did the same thing as Peter (his seat was my inspiration :))

see my thread here to see the progress of the build
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7312
20170304_123842.jpg
NICE SEAT!!!!

Regards,
Peter
Peter Anderson & Co.

"HE HAD offices in Sydney, not so many years ago,
And his shingle bore the legend 'Peter Anderson and Co.',
But his real name was Careless, as the fellows understood-
And his relatives decided that he wasn't any good."

Henry Lawson, August, 1895
affeno
Color: red

Post by affeno »

RIMG0871-800x800.JPG
RIMG0871-800x800.JPG (100.45 KiB) Viewed 4404 times
This I made on my seat I can drive hours no problem with my back
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Interesting approach, Affeno. It appears that you used the OEM backrest holes, but put on a MUCH thinner (fore and aft, at least) backrest with useful height. Did you weld up the bracket to fit, or did you find something that just bolted on? Did you add/need additional padding after pulling the OEM backrest?
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
affeno
Color: red

Post by affeno »

I weld it from things i find in my garage and take a bit of plastic the kids play with in the pool
Attachments
RIMG0877-800x800.JPG
RIMG0877-800x800.JPG (92.2 KiB) Viewed 4328 times
romei
Minister of Sinister
Minister of Sinister
Color: Red

Post by romei »

I just ordered seat number 6 from bikerzbits. I'll post back once I receive and install it. https://bikerzbits.com/honda/forza/hond ... tom-seats/
romei
Minister of Sinister
Minister of Sinister

Post by romei »

romei wrote:I just ordered seat number 6 from bikerzbits. I'll post back once I receive and install it. https://bikerzbits.com/honda/forza/hond ... tom-seats/
Just posting an update:
I ordered the seat July 22nd and chose the fastest, most expensive shipping option which was
USD $125.27
Thailand Post Airmail ~ 5-14 days
Today is July 31st (9 days) and it still hasn't shipped yet.
I'll post more updates time passes.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

romei wrote:
romei wrote:I just ordered seat number 6 from bikerzbits. I'll post back once I receive and install it. https://bikerzbits.com/honda/forza/hond ... tom-seats/
Just posting an update:
I ordered the seat July 22nd and chose the fastest, most expensive shipping option which was
USD $125.27

Hasn't shipped or hasn't arrived?
romei
Minister of Sinister
Minister of Sinister

Post by romei »

you you wrote:
romei wrote:
Just posting an update:
USD $125.27

It hasn't shipped yet. When it does they will provide me with a tracking number. When I log in to their site to check on it, the status is listed as "Processing"
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

romei wrote:
you you wrote:
romei wrote:

It hasn't shipped yet. When it does they will provide me with a tracking number. When I log in to their site to check on it, the status is listed as "Processing"

That would cheese me of if I'd paid for expensive shipping. Have you contacted them?
romei
Minister of Sinister
Minister of Sinister

Post by romei »

I'll wait until the 14 day mark passes and then contact them. They have mixed reviews on their shipping times. I think if they really have an item in stock that it goes out pretty quick. I'm thinking that even though the web page says that this seat is in stock, that it's really not and someone is making it now. Either that or it has shipped and the order just hasn't been updated yet.
romei
Minister of Sinister
Minister of Sinister

Post by romei »

romei wrote:I'll wait until the 14 day mark passes and then contact them. They have mixed reviews on their shipping times. I think if they really have an item in stock that it goes out pretty quick. I'm thinking that even though the web page says that this seat is in stock, that it's really not and someone is making it now. Either that or it has shipped and the order just hasn't been updated yet.
***Update***
I contacted them Friday to ask about my order and explained that I paid for the expensive, faster shipping method and asked them for an update. They replied today with a tracking number which doesn't return any info yet so I'm guessing it just shipped today or is going to ship soon.
romei
Minister of Sinister
Minister of Sinister

Post by romei »

romei wrote:
romei wrote:I'll wait until the 14 day mark passes and then contact them. They have mixed reviews on their shipping times. I think if they really have an item in stock that it goes out pretty quick. I'm thinking that even though the web page says that this seat is in stock, that it's really not and someone is making it now. Either that or it has shipped and the order just hasn't been updated yet.
***Update***
I contacted them Friday to ask about my order and explained that I paid for the expensive, faster shipping method and asked them for an update. They replied today with a tracking number which doesn't return any info yet so I'm guessing it just shipped today or is going to ship soon.

Today is August 17th and I'm now 26 days into it since the day I ordered it. (A far cry from the advertised 5 to 14 days) Tracking info shows some movement now, but it doesn't look like airmail to me but I don't really know. I've never bought anything from Thailand before. I can tell you this. I'll never pay for that airmail shipping option again from this site.

Aug 09, 2017
01:24 pm
Departure From Outward OEThailand Thai Post
BANGKOK MAIL CENTER

Aug 09, 2017
11:47 am
Container ReceivedThailand Thai Post
BANGKOK MAIL CENTER

Aug 07, 2017
08:09 pm
DispatchThailand Thai Post
T-SQUARE

Aug 07, 2017
08:09 pm
Items Into ContainerThailand Thai Post
T-SQUARE

Aug 07, 2017
06:28 pm
AcceptThailand Thai Post
T-SQUARE
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Airmail doesn't take over 8 days. It looks like sea freight in a container. Have you contacted the vendor again?