Hi all.. new lurker turned member...

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Gladman71

Hi all.. new lurker turned member...

Post by Gladman71 »

So hello to the group. I have to say I was interested in getting a scooter for quite some time now, and this forum was very handy in finding out information once I discovered the Honda PCX. I obsessed about it for quite some time but there were no dealers in my area that had them available, until I was sent away on a business trip and found one just up the road from there.

Quite a bit of back and forth with paperwork etc, (last June) - I finally purchased a used 2011 white PCX. (I wanted the white - for visibility and it was just plain awesome looking.) The black is incredible too - but being a small bike to begin with, I wanted something brighter...

It is quite stock, though very soon I'm going to have reflective tape on the rims and on the body work (thinking Tron here?)

I got it late in the season (July) plus being my first ever two-wheeled vehicle, I took it easy and only put about 900 miles on it, mostly back and forths to work and grocery store, etc, but occasionally on some longer trips. I've got two kids but I go out taking photographs a lot and run into many situations where a car just wouldn't fit where I want to park it - So this works out great.

Anyway, howdy everyone, and here's my ride:
-Dan

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Hi all.. new lurker turned member...

Post by you you »

Gladman71 wrote:So hello to the group. I have to say I was interested in getting a scooter for quite some time now, and this forum was very handy in finding out information once I discovered the Honda PCX. I obsessed about it for quite some time but there were no dealers in my area that had them available, until I was sent away on a business trip and found one just up the road from there.

Quite a bit of back and forth with paperwork etc, (last June) - I finally purchased a used 2011 white PCX. (I wanted the white - for visibility and it was just plain awesome looking.) The black is incredible too - but being a small bike to begin with, I wanted something brighter...

It is quite stock, though very soon I'm going to have reflective tape on the rims and on the body work (thinking Tron here?)

I got it late in the season (July) plus being my first ever two-wheeled vehicle, I took it easy and only put about 900 miles on it, mostly back and forths to work and grocery store, etc, but occasionally on some longer trips. I've got two kids but I go out taking photographs a lot and run into many situations where a car just wouldn't fit where I want to park it - So this works out great.

Anyway, howdy everyone, and here's my ride:
-Dan

Good on you.

Once pictures
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Howdy, 8) can't wait to see some Tron pics :lol:
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to the forums. Great dusk pic ... or was it dawn? ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ratster »

Welcome to the forum. I love the white.
Gladman71

Post by Gladman71 »

kramnala58 wrote:Welcome to the forums. Great dusk pic ... or was it dawn? ;)
Dusk.. Thanks. Can't wait to do some more pics of it at night.. To quote a friend of mine.. "I've never seen a Scooter that looked so cool." yeah that's why I got it, and it's a Honda.. I was interested in scooters for a while but always turned off by the old fashioned look of the vespas, or the bad quality of some of the others I've seen.
Joemag22
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Joemag22 »

Welcome!! I really like that blue filter with the white bike. Makes those lines stand out!!

Current: 2011 Honda PCX125 (j.costa vario and j.costa exhaust)
Past: 2008 Honda Met (Dayton drag vario, CDI box, spark plug, kn filter, and a cup holder)

** NOR-CAL / East Bay Met Set SC **
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey Gladman! Name suits you nicely :P welcome to you and that purdy White scoot. Evening pics awaited....let's see Tron! :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

WELCOME to the Forum....I used to have a White PCX 125 also, as did my Wife, then (2) Red PCX 150s, and now (2) Red Forza 300s.....CONGRATS on Your Scooter..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Great looking scoot. You are going to have a blast.
Gladman71

Post by Gladman71 »

Hey all.. Took me longer than I wanted to get some pics of this at night with a light on it.
This tape is pretty difficult to work with, very unforgiving. But I had 3 rolls of it and so I had plenty to play with as I learned how to work with it.

and one more... Hopefully soon I'll get have some time to do some really good photos.. This is just with a flashlight and the camera on my tablet.
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

Ha, that's awesome!
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Yes, looks good...how many fireflies did you catch for the job? :lol:
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
Gladman71

Post by Gladman71 »

willajabir wrote:Yes, looks good...how many fireflies did you catch for the job? :lol:
Nice.. ;-) was thinking about doing a "Dipyourcar" black paint job on this just so I could do glowing orange stripes. That would be cool too. But I love the white bike.
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

That looks great! Very Tron like.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I love your "White" scoot too! (Neon diner jukebox lighting and all!) ;) Cheers!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You