Today's Quick Pic

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Today's Quick Pic

Post by willajabir »

14-15 miles avg per month of ownership?
I avg over 60 miles/ month walking.... :roll:
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

willajabir wrote:14-15 miles avg per month of ownership?
Willajabir

In the UK 1-7-2014 is 1st July 2014
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

DAB wrote:In the UK 1-7-2014 is 1st July 2014
Ah, didn't think about that. Well, I'll still stand by my statement : Get out and ride more! :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Beautiful Puppy!!

@ Urban, good on you! I often wonder how one parts with a pup after training ends :| "Heartbreaker!" I know the cause is a Great one, but I don't think I'd have it in me to go separate ways. Especially after being united a full "puppy adorable year!" I love retrievers!! Wonderfully tempered & loving. I almost had me one back in the day, but space was limited as it is still today.
Give that cutie a kiss for me :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

kramnala58 wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:8) Gold Wing Trike toting a Chevy (mini) SSR how cool is that!! Awesome pic and the guys got Class :P

Here's my addition, taken this past Saturday. Mary Poppin's cycle? No. My niece's knobby wheeled Specialized Hardrock 7spd mountain bike. Beauty...so clean. How about the marketing technique, a bright beachie chair umbrella? It reeled in a lot of eyes, & the bike Sold Fast. Niece is Very :P :P
That would have sold in a flash in Thailand. They use umbrellas to keep the rain and the sun off. I have seen them trying to hold an umbrella while riding a scoot/motorcycle.
Holy Smokers! What "don't they do whilst riding" in Thailand? ( :oops: Just opened another can of worms...on your "Mark," get ready :lol: )
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
AzRocketPCX
Year: 2011 PCX
Color: White

Post by AzRocketPCX »

We took the Rocket (the PCX) and Scarlet (the Forza) out for a ride on the west side of town last weekend. This shot is at the parking lot of the Old Tucson movie studios, where dozens of westerns during the 50's, 60's & 70's were filmed. It's surrounded by miles of winding, hilly roads.
Attachments
PCX-Forza-Old-Tucson-July-2.gif
PCX-Forza-Old-Tucson-July-2.gif (763.82 KiB) Viewed 1484 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Az, I absolutely love the looks of your scoot!! I know I've said that before but how often do we get to see it!! Great scoot decor especially the cover behind the seat hump.
Oh yeah! The photo! Hel-lo? Very sunny :D Expecting to see John Wayne coming around the mountain :D
So how's the AGV Blade helmet, still using it?
Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

JoshM wrote:
Urbanfreestyle wrote:WOOOO!!! Just got to work and just rolled over to 100 miles!! :-) (had the bike since 01/07/2014)
Get out and ride more! :lol:
HAHA! well at the moment it's only been to work and back since i have bought it. I think on Friday i may have to take a small trip if it's not raining along the coast. Got me a gopro, so just need to fine somewhere to mount it :)
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

DAB wrote:
willajabir wrote:14-15 miles avg per month of ownership?
Willajabir

In the UK 1-7-2014 is 1st July 2014
Does anti-fungal foot meds work on the tongue? :oops:
Larry

Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

I got 1089 miles on my scooter and had it since I joined this forum not long ago. My Husband has double the miles because He ride his to work. :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Just took this recently :P
Attachments
20140719_142403-1-1-1-1-1.jpg
20140719_142403-1-1-1-1-1.jpg (667.96 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

Post by Duggle »

Uh oh! Did you just buy a new scooter?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Duggle wrote:Uh oh! Did you just buy a new scooter?

Haha no chance. Whitenoise is a salesman botherer :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

See this?
I wasn't aware of this product till after WhiteNoise (#1) was a year or more old. Today, I remembered to heed member gn2's advice. I thank "you." I'm "going to do it right this time." I just ordered me some ACF 50. So WhiteNoise (#2) will be properly dressed in defense of the muck and the mire that awaits her (him? dunno? :D )
Wonderful how joining a forum helps you to help me and me to help you and 2yous to be a joker and help Who?? (Teasing ya 2yous ;) Ain't Nice, ain't plum fun? Ain't,... ain't Fun? (Forgive me gn2 :D

A photo and some fun written information.

Racing Sport Bike Cruiser Street Bike Touring Dirt Bike ATV-UTV Resources ForumMy Moto
Street Bike ReviewsScootersGear ReviewsFeaturesVideosPhotosDealer LocatorBuyer's GuideRide Guide
ACF 50 Corrosion Preventative Review
Frank MellingContributing Editor| Articles|RSS
Our Memorable Motorcycles expert, Frank Melling also is the organizer of the British vintage motorcycle extravaganza known as Thundersprint. Melling began riding five decades ago and remains as much in love with motorcycles as when he drove his first bike into a cow shed wall aged ten. In the last 50 years, Melling has competed in every form of motorcycle sport and now declares himself to be too old to grow up and be sensible.

Friday, March 29, 2013
Print Share RSS Font:

ACF-50 is a miracle corrosion preventative that actually works! I have a workshop which, not only being congenitally untidy, is also full of so many magic products that it would warm the heart of any miracle cure hustler from the Old West. I have magic sponges; unbreakable drills; use once in a lifetime polish and, if Superman had a trade stand at a bike show, I would have been first in the line for x-ray glasses. In short, there is absolutely nothing too outlandish for me to buy.

The reason is simple. I am such an utter incompetent as a mechanic that, like the recidivist smoker addict seeking the cure-all nicotine patch, I grasp at any straw to make me even slightly less than a disaster.

So, a few years ago, I just had to buy a tin of ACF 50 - the miracle corrosion preventative. Just spray it on and rust is banished. Wow! As simple as that.

I came home from the show and my wife, Carol, patiently removed the ACF50 from my bag as one would kindly take a toy from a tired child. Then it disappeared from sight for a long time. Eventually, because I had run out of the more well-known brands of alleged rust inhibitor I decided to waste my time with this, then unknown, product.

The first thing which is different from normal spray-on rust inhibitor is that ACF50 doesn’t gush from the aerosol in a haze of Superbowl splendor. Rather, it ambles out in a thin, pink stream not much different from one of Carol’s lady cosmetics. However, once the ACF 50 hits a surface it is off like a ferret up a drain and this is the clue to its efficacy.

What’s in ACF is a closely guarded secret but, unlike the magic recipes of Snake Oil salesmen, ACF does work. The idea goes something like this. On parts which are not corroded ACF forms a flexible, water resistant barrier: really it does, honestly!

Where there is existing corrosion, ACF seeps its way into the tiny voids and displaces the water which then evaporates into the atmosphere.

As a by-product, it’s not a bad light duty lubricant for things like locks and cables, as well as being approved by its Mil-Spec (Mil-C-81309E Type II) for use in switches and on contacts.

Now I will forgive you for thinking that it’s just another case of the gullible being conned except that ACF50 comes from the aerospace industry and the list of companies approving the product is rather serious. Firms such as Boeing Helicopter, Cessna, British Aerospace and Sikorsky all find the product acceptable, as does the FAA.

In the aerospace world, ACF is recommended for spraying internally on fuselages and also on electrical components - and ultra-critical components such as helicopter rotor blades. In short, this is serious stuff because being hacked off when your Suzuki has gone rusty is one thing but having your multi-million dollar airframe corrode is a different order of discomfiture.

Application is easy on a bike and a tin lasts a long time. The best approach is to put a tiny blob on the surface to be treated and wait for it to disperse between any cracks. For example, the un-plated horn on our Suzuki V-Strom was an absolute certainty to corrode but it remains perfect after four years.

Any surplus can be spread externally with a finger or brush. Surprisingly, because chemically things which work are normally dangerous, ACF 50 is completely non-toxic and your finger won’t drop off if you touch it.

Once applied, the treatment lasts up to two years. On the V-Strom, which enjoys all the benefits of Suzuki’s traditional appalling finish, I spray all the plated bits, and painted items which are likely to get hammered by the rain and road filth, every year.

In terms of a really tough test, I also use ACF50 on the un-plated brake lever of our Seeley-Suzuki and the lightest of smears will last all season.

By way of an experiment, I have used the ACF50 on the towing hitch of our car too. The hitch has two problems. First, the original finish is dreadful and secondly, it gets constantly hosed by spray from the rear wheels. In this extreme use, the ACF50 lasts around four months.

To conclude, if ACF50 had been at Hogwarts then Harry Potter would have been out of a job with magic spells.

MSRP for the 13oz Aerosol is $14.95

For more information contact: info@learchem.com
http://www.acf-50.co.uk/
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (42.07 KiB) Viewed 1363 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Duggle, I think you're onto something :roll: :D

2yous, pegged me. Indeed, I spend too much time shooting the bull with sales folks and others. It's how I roll :geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

See that last picture above? That white 2015 PCX with the Sold sign on the saddle? Well, that was taken a few days ago while she was sitting on the Honda Showroom floor. Sold?....Faker! Well, since then that bike has "adopted me" :D Yeah, you read that right. She just kept beggin' me to own her. She just about rolled out the showroom door following me. NAG! It worked, as I finally gave in. Dumped some cash on the counter and well...the rest is history.
So, you probably know the rest....She's sitting fancy free at my domain in her own space. Looking something like this:
(Oh yeah, forgot to mention...She calls herself "WhiteNoise." I'll be dang, I've heard that name before :roll:
Attachments
IMG_5615.JPG
IMG_5615.JPG (133.29 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

8) so whhhiiitttee ;)
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:... Oh yeah, forgot to mention...She calls herself "WhiteNoise."
Maybe "WhiteNoise II" would be fitting. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Congrats WN,
A complete family again at your house!!!
Larry

dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

WhiteNoise...I also use a tin of the ACF50 having read of its qualities a couple of years ago...and it seems to work
One question if you know the answer...does it wash off when washing the scooter?...ie do you need to reapply after cleaning the scoot?. I assume not but dont know why I assume that .
My Forza is too new to make any judgements on the product but with my previous 5 year old Honda SWing 125 cc ( euro scoot) it certainly kept rust away from things like the exhaust etc...